Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 11-05-12, 12:54 PM   #1
gysgthard
BassFishin.Com Member

Default New used boat for me

Sunday me and my wife went and pick up my new boat it is a Triton TR18 with a 150 EFI motor this is my first fiberglass boat. I am a little nervus and am looking for some good pointers for this boat all so am looking at in stulling a swing hitch has anyone ever did this and if so can you give some pointers on this.

Thanks
Happy boat owner
gysgthard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 01:24 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

congrats on the new "toy"/ hole in the sater, wife hating, kid hogging, NEW friends ride buddy. hahaha! i don't know much about what you are refering to as for the hitch, but i have heard good and bad things about them.

post up some pics the new ride for us though please. we love to see new rigs. and tell us how many NEW friends ya get once they find out about it too. lol!
Old 11-06-12, 11:19 PM   #3
skeeter1804
BassFishin.Com Active Member

What year is it? I had a 1998 TR18. The early model Tritons are chine walkers at higher speeds. I liked the boat other than that.
skeeter1804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-13, 07:04 PM   #4
jamesh99
BassFishin.Com Member

nice boat have fun with it
jamesh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-13, 08:05 PM   #5
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
congrats on the new "toy"/ hole in the sater, wife hating, kid hogging, NEW friends ride buddy. hahaha! i don't know much about what you are refering to as for the hitch, but i have heard good and bad things about them.

post up some pics the new ride for us though please. we love to see new rigs. and tell us how many NEW friends ya get once they find out about it too. lol!
John, ya left out "water flea chasin". Sounds like a nice boat. Can't wait to see a few pics!
Old 01-14-13, 11:27 PM   #6
Rebbasser

By swing hitch are you referring to a swing away tongue? If so, I have one on my Nitro, and that was the main reason I got this particular boat. It shortened the package by about 2 feet which means I can store it in the garage. It has worked out well for me.

Congrats on the new toy-hope you load the boat every time out!
Old 01-15-13, 09:44 AM   #7
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

My first 'glass boat was also a Triton TR-186 w/150 Merc XR-6, back in 2001. Great boat, enjoy.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-13, 11:55 AM   #8
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Nice boat to learn with,dont over drive it if its a handfull back off,dont let others prepare you for launch,meaning you take straps off and on and put plug in and out.
Other than that its all an experience hopefully enjoyable.Swing away tongue just makes it a shorter pkg to place in garage,also makes it worth a tad more.
Its also a drive on back trailer to about tire fenders not over them slowly advance as one enters at 1-2 mph take out of gear once on solid place back in gear and drive it up to winch-slowly after a time you know how deep to place it that was just a guideline,but not floating,yet still float enough can drive it up,less weight on it.

Last edited by lilmule; 01-25-13 at 12:01 PM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.