Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 08-12-04, 02:33 PM   #1
Frank_Eagles
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Frank_Eagles
Default Listen Up

!. This board is a bass fishing board.
2. Modify button is there for a reason.
3. Family forum, limit the cussing
4. If you got something worthwhile to say, say it. Otherwise shut up and read other peoples stuff, don't post junk.
5. If you are new here, welcome, contribute, and you will learn a lot. Screw around and we'll run you out of here with your tail between your legs.
6. Respect the core members, zooker, tom, lizards, bfg, jackl, hulapopr etc. etc. (no offense to those left out, you know who you are)
7. Don't open 12 new topics an hour about random stuff. If you must, start one big topic and ask everything.
8. We really don't care about your boat, reel, rod motor etc.
9. Don't open multiple usernames.
10. Don't make posts like: Topic: crankbaits Message: I like them.

That's about it, know there must of been other people wanting to say this.
Frank_Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-04, 04:35 PM   #2
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1
Default Re: Listen Up

[quote author=flbassman link=board=news;num=1092332023;start=0#0 date=08/12/04 at 13:33:43]
6. Respect the core members, zooker, tom, lizards, bfg, jackl, hulapopr etc. etc. (no offense to those left out, you know who you are)
[/quote]

ANd most of all reb.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-04, 05:36 PM   #3
DaHorns73
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to DaHorns73

flbassman,
Very well put. I hope this thread helps those who care about this site.
Also this thread should have been posted in the message board area.
DaHorns73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-04, 06:15 PM   #4
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

FLBASSMAN,

I couldn't have said it better myself!!! (WITHOUT CUSS WORDS)

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-04, 07:39 PM   #5
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

notice how my name came out first? i second jakl

damn i can't wait till school opens again.

ZOOKER

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-04, 08:05 PM   #6
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

[quote author=zooker link=board=news;num=1092332023;start=0#4 date=08/12/04 at 18:39:59]damn i can't wait till school opens again.[/quote]
It'll be here soon enough. Be nice and don't talk back to your teachers.
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-04, 08:14 PM   #7
djr
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to djr

Good job Fl. well said. at least you had the guts to post this,wish i had come up with. You spoke well for all the others who appreciate this site. Even though i am still new to the site , i was beginning to get upset also.

Job well done,

DAWG
djr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-04, 08:30 PM   #8
BassSAT
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassSAT

im with you on that one flbassman couldnt have said it better myself i am still pretty new at bass fishing and everything i have learned i have learned it off of this forum i just want to say thank you to all you vets out there
BassSAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-04, 09:52 AM   #9
Worm_King
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Worm_King

Flbassman,

Thanks for voicing the frustrations many of us are feeling in an appropriate manner. Soon enough some of the problem causers will get bored and move on to something else. I wish that would happen sooner than later and hopefully it will.
Worm_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-04, 10:00 AM   #10
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

STRAP,

The only problem is that there will be a whole new crop of idiots to take the place of the ones that leave.

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-04, 10:07 AM   #11
bassguy2004

I didn't join this site to read moronic threads from "so called guests" that don't care or have no clue what this forum is all about. So, I guess what I saying is lets just ignore what these morons write and just stick to what we're here for and that is helping each other with Bass Fishing.
Old 08-13-04, 10:12 AM   #12
Worm_King
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Worm_King

[quote author=JackL link=board=news;num=1092332023;start=0#9 date=08/13/04 at 09:00:28]STRAP,

Â* Â* The only problem is that there will be a whole new crop of idiots to take the place of the ones that leave.

JackL[/quote]

JackL,

Your probably right. I've only been a member for about 3 months now and when I joined there wasn't a lot of this crap. Seems like just recently it's been getting out of hand. I have a feeling though that those of you that have been around a while have experienced this in the past. I would like to say for those teens that do contribute worthwhile stuff to this site, Thanks. Hopefully you know who you are without me having to list names.
Worm_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-04, 11:42 PM   #13
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to LEVI

You have to respect Kybasser! That goes for all the new people

Kybasser
LEVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-04, 12:58 AM   #14
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=Kybasser link=board=news;num=1092332023;start=0#12 date=08/13/04 at 22:42:12]You have to respect Kybasser! That goes for all the new people Â*

Kybasser[/quote]

DANG RIGHT ;D I'm LMAO, you have a sense of humor few appreciate, I happen to be one of them. See I'm still laughing ;D ;D

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-04, 09:39 AM   #15
Frank_Eagles
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Frank_Eagles

didn't mean to leave any1 out, cajun, reb, jag strap, lone, stetsd, pnj (wherever he is) and so on.
Frank_Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-04, 03:58 AM   #16
KalimanMX
BassFishin.Com Member

fl, you c ocksucking faggit you left me out. anyway thanks for laying down the law. idiots are popping up all over this board. they got to learn respect!
KalimanMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-04, 06:38 AM   #17
nicholastown
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to nicholastown

Fisherman are for the most part open minded individuals. Hell, we have to be to think about what another animal is doing at any particular time and how to catch this animal in its own environment. I think we fisherman are in a select group of people know matter what we fish for. Whether it be bass, catfish, bream, crappie, or whatever. This is a bass fishing board first and foremost, but I would like to think that fellow anglers wouldn't look down on someone else just because they posted something on catfish, or bream, or something else besides bass. I do agree that guests should either register or stay out of it. Not to say that they don't have anything good to say, just be recognized for saying it. Don't hide behind GUEST. Now, rods, reels, motors, and all that good stuff are all a part of fishing, so good posts about all of the above are warranted, at least I think they are. Notice I said good posts. Another thing is if you have something to sell, then go sell it somewhere else. That is one thing that just eats me up, and you know who you are. I know I am not a core member here, and I am not trying to make anyone mad, but I would hope that I could give a little insight on the world of bass fishing every now and then. Good fishing to everyone.
nicholastown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-04, 08:47 AM   #18
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

Well "John Doe" you sure didn't earn any with your language. I guess it doesn't matter since we'll probably never see you again.

I'm trying to figure out what started all this rant about the board being out of control or whatever. I've scrolled back a couple of weeks and haven't seen anything really out of line. A couple of youngsters asking the same kind of questions that most newbies ask that have been asked 100 times, but what's wrong with that? My own kids must have asked the same questions 100 times too.

I had a rant last week myself about "guests" and just decided to ignore them from now on. That seems to have worked for me.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.