Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-10-11, 09:57 PM   #26
Fraze5150
BassFishin.Com Member

I noticed that the Tracker boats do use the mininum in equipment like the trolling motor, electronics and engine. When I was talking to the dealer here I mentioned that and I was told that I could upgrade anything that I wanted. I was planing to upgrade the trolling motor and engine. The trolling motor Iwas considering a 24V at around 70lbs of thrust and I would like to have 90 hp or more for the engine. From what the dealer told me it would only be a couple thousand for the upgrades. The electronics is not a big deal to me right now as I would only like to use it to identify the bottom depth and any structure.
Fraze5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-11, 10:42 PM   #27
Fraze5150
BassFishin.Com Member

I can always up grade that latter if I decide that I need a better depth finder setup.
Old 08-16-11, 10:48 PM   #28
flfireman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I have a 2008 Pro Team 190 w/ 90 Opti. Seats are cheap m aterial and seams will rip easily. Just now having some minor carpet separation inside the storage compartments. The lipped edged water drains on the front compartments do not do squat. Overall, I love my all welded aluminum boat. I fish 2-3 tourneys a month and I am on the water at least 6-8 times a month. Have had 0 problems with my boat performance wise. I fish Lake "O", Lake Kiss, Lake Toho and other big water lakes w/o any problems. The new ones have an amazing ride and very dry. Good luck in your search.
Old 08-19-11, 12:14 PM   #29
Jigger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Thumbs down

I have a Tracker 185 with a 90 hp merc that's been used hard since 2000. It has rivets. It's a good boat and has served me well. This is its second trolling motor.

However, the trailer it came on is pure junk. It rusted out after about 7 yrs and I had to replace it. My tournament partner has a Nitro with the same trailer as mine and he had to replace his as well. Thin metal walls and poor construction.

Bass Pro should be ashamed for putting those junk trailers under their boats. I would not buy a Tracker or a Nitro for that reason.
Jigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 09:29 AM   #30
bassboogieman

Many manufacturers put tube trailers under their boats, not just a problem with Tracker/Nitro. Wether round tube or box, they are crap, no argument, and why any maker would do that is beyond me. They sure look good in the showroom, but anyone with practical experience knows they won't last the life of the boat. I replaced mine this year after 10 years of mostly fresh water, brackish water will hasten the deterioration of the trailer. You can always go galvanized, they sure don't look as good, but will last. I replaced mine with an alum. I-channel trailer, it will last forever - and for the price I paid I don't know why more manufacturer's don't use them as original equipment, other than the fact fewer trailers will be sold.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 01:50 PM   #31
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Many manufacturers put tube trailers under their boats, not just a problem with Tracker/Nitro. Wether round tube or box, they are crap, no argument, and why any maker would do that is beyond me. They sure look good in the showroom, but anyone with practical experience knows they won't last the life of the boat. I replaced mine this year after 10 years of mostly fresh water, brackish water will hasten the deterioration of the trailer. You can always go galvanized, they sure don't look as good, but will last. I replaced mine with an alum. I-channel trailer, it will last forever - and for the price I paid I don't know why more manufacturer's don't use them as original equipment, other than the fact fewer trailers will be sold.
Just make sure you check your tires.
Old 08-20-11, 02:19 PM   #32
bassboogieman

OUCH, you bastage................
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-11, 08:31 AM   #33
sailor
BassFishin.Com Member

[QUOTE=Fraze5150;349274]I am looking at welded alunimum boats, well atleast the models I am looking at are welded I wont buy a boat that is riveted only. One good rerason I want a alunium welded boat is because I am a welder and it would be easy for me to make my own repairs after the warranty runs out.

I am just looking for advice on diffrent brands and the models they offer. Also all the recomendations I can get on boat set up as this will be my first boat and I am not sure what is best or what I really need.[/QUOT

my 1976 LOWE jonboat has a riveted hull. no problems
sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-11, 02:10 PM   #34
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

the G3's are good rigs from what i have seen of them. ALUMIDRAFT are also good in my opion.
Old 09-06-11, 09:46 PM   #35
Fraze5150
BassFishin.Com Member

I want to thank all of you that has responded to my post your information is very helpfull.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.