Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-05, 10:26 PM   #1
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Perfect fishing story!!!

I took my 4.5 year old son fishin to a large pond in the area early yesterday mornin. On the way there he said, "Dad, am I gonna catch a big one". I looked at him and said "Buddy, we won't leave till ya do". He smiled and said OK. We got to the pond and walked over to the spot where I usually fish from. I tied a small pond buzz bait onto his jr bass pro rod and line(6 lb fireline). I've been working with him since spring on casting and he's diong good! I took a couple steps back and said "let it rip". He brought his rod back and let a nice 15-20 ft cast go. I was shocked, it was by far his best cast yet. He started reeling it in and I was preying to the fishin gods that something would hit it. After about 5 or 6 cast (not quite as good as the first), I thaught to myself, this is going to be a long day. Then, on his next cast (which was a pretty good one) I heard and saw what I was preying for. A gorgous 3 pounder came up and drilled that buzz bait. It was such a powerful hit my son jumped back scared stiff and dropped the rod. I said "pick up your pole you got one". So he grabbed his pole and started tugging and reeling. The fight lasted about 2 min. When I got a hold of that bass I raised it into the air and thanked the gods as a tear fell of my cheak. My son was in total awe! That was the beiggest bass he had ever seen! I grabbed my camara and took about 20 pictures of him and the fish. He wanted to keep it but I said we would let it go and catch him some other time. We fished for a couple of hours and caught some more smaller ones. But by the end of it, my son caught a big one and could'nt be happier..........and I could'nt be prouder!!! Take your kids fishing......or any kid for that matter!
Old 07-08-05, 11:37 PM   #2
OKie
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to OKie
Default Re: Perfect fishing story!!!

That is the perfect story. Tell your son I said congrats. And for you, Thanks you for spreading the sport!

Best Regards,

-NJBassDevil-
OKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-05, 11:39 PM   #3
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Great story, Ranger. He'll remember that one for a loooong time. Has he already asked to go again ;D?
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-05, 07:08 AM   #4
bassbum
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassbum

Ranger,

Sounds like you two had an awesome day. We have taken all 3 kids to the lake to fish since they were little. My 18 yoa son will sometimes go to the lake with his friend to fish. My 16 yoa daughter says that she would rather hunt, haha. My 12 yoa daughter still likes to go with us. She plays around more than she fishes.

Sandra
bassbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-05, 12:01 AM   #5
MAHAT
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to MAHAT

Great Story...congrats!
MAHAT is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.