Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 07-13-05, 04:57 PM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default How to use BOLD or italics

Hey Kevin,
Can we still highlight a word and make it appear in italics, bold, underline,
etc? I have searched but not found the options yet

Last edited by JB; 02-28-06 at 08:16 PM.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-05, 06:35 PM   #2
Rebbasser

Here you go, JB

http://www.bassfishin.com/bassfishin....php?do=bbcode
Old 07-13-05, 06:58 PM   #3
Jackl
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default How to use bold or italics

I guess I have to go along with NJBASSDEVIL, I hate this new format. I don't see why we can't stay with the old one. The new change makes this site like every other one on the net. Since It is no different, I guess I will look around for another site that is not so confusing.
(And what is with all the &&&&&& in the signature line?)

JackL
Old 07-13-05, 07:14 PM   #4
Kevin
Administrator

Default How to use the editor

Hey Guys,

There are two different options you can use to make a reply to a post. The first option is to post what is called a "QUICK REPLY". At the bottom of each thread is a "quick reply" box where you can submit a post on-the-fly.. quickly and easily. This makes the process much easier as you can submit your post without going to another page in the forum.

The second option is the standard "post reply" method. Just like in the old forums.... if you want to post a reply, just click on the "POST REPLY" button (as seen below) at either the top or bottom of the thread. (just like the old board)

After clicking on this button you will be taken to the WYSIWYG editor (more features). Here you have all the snazzy options not provided with the "quick reply", such as inserting images, links, email addresses, indenting, smilies, etc.

I have included an attachment below of a flash image of what the WSYIWYG editor looks like for your standard reply post. You will find this editor to be a spitting image of MS Word/Word Perfect, etc. If you have any further questions, please ask... we'll try to make the transition as painless as possible. Thanks guys.

Kevin
Attached Images
File Type: gif the_editor_screen.gif (28.0 KB, 435 views)
Old 07-13-05, 07:29 PM   #5
Rebbasser

Kevin-I'm in the same boat as JB-when I click on post reply all I get are the title box, the message box, and the post icons box. All the stuff above the message box-image, quote, etc. does not show up.
Old 07-13-05, 07:31 PM   #6
Kevin
Administrator

Wow... thanks for the BIG heads up Reb... I know exactly what the problem is. Luckily I can easily fix it. You should see the new editor appear in about 10 mins. Thanks for pointing this out guys!

Kevin
Old 07-13-05, 07:34 PM   #7
Rebbasser

Thanks Kevin-I sent you a PM saying the same thing, so just disregard that!
Old 07-13-05, 07:52 PM   #8
Kevin
Administrator

For those of you who couldn't see the WYSIWYG editor... would you mind trying it now and letting me know if you see it? I think I cured this problem... just want to make sure it's showing up for everyone. Thanks!

Kevin
Old 07-13-05, 07:53 PM   #9
Rebbasser

It's fixed
Old 07-13-05, 09:02 PM   #10
JB

Thanks for the input Kevin

I just got back from bass fishing, I had heard that my buddy Estil had a heart attack, I've been going fishing on his big pond for about 20 years, stocked it an practiced on it every day year after year.
I went to the house and found the info on him, he was getting dialysis started and all his internal organs shut down, putting him in a coma. He's 79 and we worked together after he retired from his first job at Dayton Tire , and all along he raised cattle and farmed a little.
Anyways,he's probably not going to come out of it the family said.
I stood out in the drizzle from the remnants of hurricane dennis and talked to them, then about 7 slid down to the pond, it was still spitting and no wind at all.
I knew after about 1/2 hour of casts it was deader than a doornail.
I started out with the spook, it was real dark and overcast, thought maybe top water would work, went to the culprit worm that worked so well Sunday,
nothing but gills running with it. Flipped some timber and nuthin, so I get out the crank bait and work over this ledge that goes from 4-9 feet, just kept dredging up hydrilla. Same goes for the spinner bait, no takers.
I finally went to the shallowest drop I could about 4-6 ft. Picked up the spook again and a nice feisty bass about 14 inches hit it, those treble hooks were all over her face, got her in and got the hooks outa her.
about 5 minutes later a huge blowup came in about the same general area,
I thought it was same fish, but this one pulled out my drag and came right at me, I thought this must be a good fish, but it was a clone of the first one, a nice keeper for up here but nothing to brag about,
I was just glad to get a couple of fish, I hadn't been skunked in long time, didn't want to get skunked tonight.
Went back to the dam and flipped some timber , watched a muskrat sitting and I wondered where the hole was, they can drain a pond if ya dont get them out.
finally I couldn't see the line, was feeling for it only , getting gills to peck tikki stick, decided to head to the jeep.
After I put my rods on the right and tackle box on the left, I half *** closed the tail gate but not hard enough I guess, I went down the long lane and once on the back road I smelled exhaust, but was kind of in a trance after finding out about Esitl in a coma.
I hit the main road and for 10 minutes kept smelling a combo of exhaust and stink, thought it was probably the new catalytic converter I just had put on.
Pulled in my drive and looked back , the stupid back hatch for wide open , one rod almost hanging off the bumper, the other 3 were ok, I bout **** LOL
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-05, 09:53 AM   #11
PowerBass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Jb, very sorry to hear about your friend in the coma.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.