Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 10-09-08, 01:08 PM   #1
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Now I am Jealous

Same guy in a 40 day span. This lake is about 90 minutes from me...I think I know my weekend plans now.

Lake record largemouth bass toppled
again at Corona Lake with 18 1/4-pounder
Randy Muirhead of Glen Ivy broke his own lake record for largemouth bass at Corona Lake by catching an 18 1/4-pounder this past Thursday evening while fishing a crawdad-colored crankbait from his pontoon float tube. The fish breaks the lake record of 17-pounds, 10-ounces that Muirhead caught a month ago.. . . . . . .
Old 10-09-08, 02:13 PM   #2
Raul

What is important is not how far the lake is or how much it takes you to drive to it, it´s how much time you spend at the lake fishing it. The more time you spend on the water the greater chances you have into hooking something interesting otherwise as a weekend warrior your chances diminish greatly. So go with hope but don´t bet on it.

There used to be a time when I fished in an almost daily basis, needless to say that if you live where biguns are and fish a lot it´s a matter of time and you´ll end up hooking one, 10 years in a row I caught me at least one 10+ pounder per year, but times change and for several reasons I can no longer fish like I used to, I´m not even a weekend warrior anymore, I might fish perhaps a couple of times a month ( in the best case ), ask me how many 10+ pounders I´ve caught this year ----> 0, last year ? ----> 0, the previous year ? ----> 0, the year before that ? ----> 0, so in the past 4 years I´ve caught a grand total of 0 ten+ pounders, the closest I´ve been to a 10 pounder in the last 4 years was a 9.86 pounder.

Of course, there´s always the sheer plain good ole "luck" factor, you go and you catch a big one but the truth is, if you want to catch biguns ( and I´m not saying consistently ) you have to be there the most you can.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-08, 02:22 PM   #3
buddy_fuentes
BassFishin.Com Member

Raul pretty much nailed it. When I fished more days than not...I caught a bunch of fish and it seemed like I had no bad days. (like a gambler...he can tell you about the big wins but forgets the losses along the way) The odds are with you when you fish more; it is hard to catch fish when you aren't near water.

Buddy
Old 10-09-08, 02:31 PM   #4
Bryan
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Whoa what a monster! How about sending some of those hawgs out this way?
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-08, 03:38 PM   #5
cassidyta

Raul,

I agree with you 100%. I am fortunate, that I get to fish a lot. I have a lake within 1 mile of my office and make it out there 4 times a week for my lunch. I also make it out almost every weekend. I have broke the 10 lbs mark a couple of times this year.
I was doing some research on the lake where this guy was fishing. Apparently they have not had a week without a 10lbs + caught in the past 4 years. It is a "pay to play lake" $20 just to get in and $50 to rent a boat. I will give it a shot from the shore for those prices. But if the big ones are there on a regular basis, I figure I might as well give it a shot.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.