Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 09-23-08, 11:20 PM   #1
Tall
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Great movie to see FIREPROOF comes out this weekend

A great touching movie to see for a Husband and Wife. How long has it been since you and your wife went to a movie together? I would like to encourage you, in the up most to go see this. I am a firefighter and this is in a firefighter setting, but this real life situation could be anyone or someone we know. This might make you think how special marriage really is.

I don't usually make a post like this, but some of you may overlook this movie that might really enjoy it. The name is FIREPROOF and it comes out this weekend.

If you go to it and it touched you, let it be known on here to encourage others to go please. Thanks
Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-08, 07:00 PM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Glad to hear that the movie is taking notice down your way too Tall. From what I have heard, it's an excellent movie for any couple to see, but also just a good all around movie. Our church reserved one of the theaters showing that movie for one night and is making the tickets available to anyone who wants them for free. Thats how good this movie is and our pastor wants anyone who wants to see it to be able to go even if they can't afford the tickets.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-08, 10:02 PM   #3
Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Glad to hear that the movie is taking notice down your way too Tall. From what I have heard, it's an excellent movie for any couple to see, but also just a good all around movie. Our church reserved one of the theaters showing that movie for one night and is making the tickets available to anyone who wants them for free. Thats how good this movie is and our pastor wants anyone who wants to see it to be able to go even if they can't afford the tickets.
We have area churches that are buying tickets and giving them to firefighters that are requesting to go see the movie this weekend. I understand a large number will be at the 7pm start Friday night as well as Saturday. Maybe it will help with the high devorce rate in the fire service as well as the general public that views it.
Old 09-25-08, 04:00 PM   #4
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

We as men of God need to be there for our wives & children. We need to be the foundations of our families. Itz a shame that many women have to do that. Because there husbands are so wrapped up in there selves & not there family. Fishing is a good sport. I take my 2 girls we have allot of fun. Itz away for me to do my thing & involve my children. My wife likes cooking & eating the fish. So it comes a whole family Exp. I say this because i was that kind of guy. If your married love & respect your wives every day.
Old 09-27-08, 06:40 PM   #5
woody

Great movie to see with your spouse. No matter what state your marriage is in, this movie can stregthen or mend your relationship to one another.
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-08, 07:24 PM   #6
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

have seen the previews of this and am looking forward to seeing it when it comes out on satilite. can't go to the theater,lol. too much of my bait monkey money has already been spent.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 09:09 AM   #7
Lilmoosecountry

Please go see it. I saw it SAT. This movie will change your perspecrive of family. It will strengthen your mairrage.
Old 09-29-08, 10:16 AM   #8
jmartin

Just a thought. Sat. I was at a wedding (Yawn) anyway the minister said something I found very interesting and wanted to share with yall A marriage is like a triangle, you and your wife at the bottom and God at the top the closer you get to God, the closer you get to each other.

Have a great day,

Jerry
jmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-08, 10:59 AM   #9
Tall

I liked this movie so much and thought so much of it that I asked my son to go see it. There are snares and bumps in the road that could get anyone of us. I feel he may be more aware of how special marriage and love really is after seeing the movie. I think most will come away with open eyes to things that may have not been focused on before its viewing.

I know Bass fishing is special to most on here in it's own, but if you are married are may get married you will enjoy this movie I think. Several I have talked to, thought it was just a firefighter movie, but that is not what this movie is all about.

If your wife is good to you, to let you go fishing, do something nice for her and take her to this movie. Even the ole rough tough guys may get a wet eye, but it does have action and humor in it as well.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did and many others that were surprised at the movie how good it really was.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.