Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-08, 11:30 AM   #1
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default 8 inch swimbaits!!!

I never thaught i would buy such a big bait for bass in Mo. But i did & it does work on spawning bass. I baught the the 8 inch Bass Harrasser. It caught a fish that was as big as it was. My thinking it was not hunger strike. But a strike out of Harassment like "Get out of here" kinda thing. Like the bass is afraid itz nest will get raided. Or attack by protecting the basses turf. Either way these big baits have there place. My next 3 baits are the 4 inch BBZ-1 from SPRO, The 8 inch Floating BBZ from spro & The tru tungston 8 inch trout. I have the BBZ-1 4 inch already ordered it comes out in Nov. Please i no these baits are'nt cheap. I will be guarding them with my life & how i use them. But what can i say the bait monkey got me & they work for me. http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpage-SBZSFS.html# & http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descp...IM-SPBBZF.html & http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descp...UNG-TTTSB.html The bug came last year after catching an 80 lb blue Cat on the river after using storm swim bait. That fish made local news. I have caught big Cats below Truman on them. 35 & 65 lbers.Where the get together is in MARCH. Big Striped bass & now large mouth. So they do work here. Try a Big Swimbait. Tackle Warehouse has many different types to fit your budget. They don't have to be over the top like mine.

Last edited by Lilmoosecountry; 09-29-08 at 11:42 AM.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 12:27 PM   #2
Fishnngolfn

I saw those when I was browsing tacklewarehouse but I am not ready to try them just yet. Good to know that they work for you. Money well spent if they caught you some fish.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 02:01 PM   #3
cassidyta

I own several of the large swimbaits. The biggest issue that I have seen with these come from not using the right rigs for them. The swim bait thing took off here a few years ago when one of the local guys caught a 20 lbs LMB with one.
http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/f..._fea_bass_long
Most of our lakes and resevoirs are stocked with trout in the fall so they have been a very natural bait out here. If the trout don't work for you I would suggest the blue gill.

I will warn you that the bait monkey attacks you hard on these. Once you find that you like a floater, you will want to see what a slow sinker does for you.

I would suggest that you go ahead and buy the replacement tails when you get the first one. This is the first thing that I have seen break off on the BBZ baits.
Old 09-29-08, 02:44 PM   #4
Fishnngolfn

It seems the larger the bass, the smarter she is. It is unreal that the guy waited 45 minutes to an hour waiting for the bass to hit the lure. I know that I don't have that kind of patience.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 02:47 PM   #5
Raul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnngolfn View Post
It seems the larger the bass, the smarter she is.
It didnīt get that big by being stupid.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 02:58 PM   #6
cassidyta

Quote:
It seems the larger the bass, the smarter she is. It is unreal that the guy waited 45 minutes to an hour waiting for the bass to hit the lure. I know that I don't have that kind of patience.
He has made a name for himself by catching the big ones. Great guy too. I coached his son in little league baseball and got to know him some. I have never known of him not to take the time to answer any fishing question to anyone.
Old 09-29-08, 07:33 PM   #7
texasbasser

Send a message via Yahoo to texasbasser

Quote:
I know that I don't have that kind of patience.
Im thinkin that If I had that bass, looking at my bait, I would find the patience somewhere to sit and wait a bit

TB
texasbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-08, 05:35 AM   #8
Cranebird
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have fished the bass harasser 8" baits for 3 years now.At first there were alot of controversy on whether Rick copied the Huddleston swimbait.The two are quite different in rate of fall and action.I fish the swim bait unconventionally using a Cannon downrigger to put the swim bait where the balls of baitfish are.It's slow catching but the rewards are worth the effort.Everything from big lake trout to northern pike and even occassionally a 5 lb range largemouth will hit the swimbait.Ivan
Old 10-09-08, 05:37 PM   #9
Nitro911
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I can't bring myself to part with that kind of money for a single lure, so I am gong the cheap way out. 7" flukes and a 6/0 or7/0 hook...haven't decided which I like better, but I do know I love those big flukes.
Old 10-10-08, 11:01 AM   #10
Lilmoosecountry

Does anybody make a swim storage box. For baits in the 8 to 10 range
Old 10-10-08, 11:20 AM   #11
cassidyta

This is the one I use.
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descp...MARKYSING.html
Old 10-10-08, 02:49 PM   #12
Lilmoosecountry

Thanx allot

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.