Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-08, 05:19 PM   #26
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

No comment !!!
Old 10-02-08, 05:34 PM   #27
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
religon is defined as desprate poeple searchin for hope..hope is the denial of reality..

now go ahead and debate this one....i dare ya..

zooker

No debate needed just insert , pulling the wool over the masses eyes .
Old 10-03-08, 01:13 AM   #28
cassidyta

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
religon is defined as desprate poeple searchin for hope..hope is the denial of reality..

now go ahead and debate this one....i dare ya..

zooker

I will not touch the religion part of this, but I will debate the definition of hope. Hope is far more than a denial of a reality. Hope is what shapes the reality. Look at a story of someone who has been found after stranded at sea. You will always hear something along the lines of how they had almost given up hope of being found. They did not deny the reality of their situation, they simply hade "hope" that it would change. Had this hope not been there, they would have had no reason to keep treading water.

If there was no hope, then we would never hear stories of sick individuals getting better even though they were on the placebo drug in the testing.

The human mind has always been proven to be a strong thing. To some extent it has shaped the reality of all of us. And I would go as far to argue that hope plays a strong roll in that.
Old 10-03-08, 11:44 AM   #29
Lilmoosecountry

You have somthing that provides you hope. You have somthing that drives you. Your lyor if you say it does'nt. For me it's church. I will talk with those who believe like me. I will not cram my beliefs down your throat of those who don't. So don't cast your false hopes on me. Besides Zook & Jim80 i have respect for the both of you as membors. Sombody called me out. I will defend my belief. No i don't want anybody mad at me here. But if you go there. I will to. Now back to fishing
Old 10-03-08, 04:58 PM   #30
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
Besides Zook & Jim80 i have respect for the both of you as membors. Sombody called me out. I will defend my belief. No i don't want anybody mad at me here. But if you go there. I will to. Now back to fishing
I don't think any one was attacking your faith lilmoose and that is a line I would rarely cross . While I am not a huge fan of churches or organized religon I do have a strong and private personal faith which guides a lot of the choices I make on a daily basis . And as towards false hope , What would life be without hope ? You fish because you hope to catch Almost every aspect of life including faith is filled with hope . One would hope that by going to church and praying that they would make it to heaven or by leading as good of a life as they could . Religon is kinda funny in that aspect , you have all these different faiths from all over the world were the general message close to the same thing but which is supposed to be one religon and if there was a chosen religon how would you know you followed the right faith ?

Jim
Old 10-04-08, 10:16 AM   #31
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Regardless of your belief,Christ represents the opposite of most of the things that are wrong in America or the world for that matter.
His teaching were anti;
Drugs
Sex out of wed lock
Murder
Stealing
Hate
Laziness
dishonesty

Take those out of todays headlines and what do you have.There has never been a society without some degree of those things but we can always hope.
Fish2win
Old 10-05-08, 11:26 PM   #32
flbassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim80 View Post
you have all these different faiths from all over the world were the general message close to the same thing but which is supposed to be one religon and if there was a chosen religon how would you know you followed the right faith ?

Jim
Not sure if you're trying to go down the "all paths lead to heaven" route, but if you are, here's the argument somebody much smarter than me presented.

All religions are mutually exclusive. If I say that everyone is right, and you say that only you are right, then someone is wrong. If it's me, then everyone is not right, but someone is, maybe you, maybe someone else.

If it's you, then again, someone is wrong, making an exception to the rule, and disproving the theory.

So then the trick is to find out what exactly is right. What I know, based on my life, and the lives of others, is that Jesus Christ is God's son and he loves me and every member of humanity on an individual basis. I know God is real as much as I know that America is real, or water is real, or trees, or bass. It's all laid out in front of me. And the effect God has had on my life, and the junk and path of destruction he pulled me off, and the happiness I live in today, are proof enough for me....

(Still got a half hour of sunday left, there was time for a sermon)
Old 10-06-08, 02:08 PM   #33
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim80 View Post
I don't think any one was attacking your faith lilmoose and that is a line I would rarely cross . While I am not a huge fan of churches or organized religon I do have a strong and private personal faith which guides a lot of the choices I make on a daily basis . And as towards false hope , What would life be without hope ? You fish because you hope to catch Almost every aspect of life including faith is filled with hope . One would hope that by going to church and praying that they would make it to heaven or by leading as good of a life as they could . Religon is kinda funny in that aspect , you have all these different faiths from all over the world were the general message close to the same thing but which is supposed to be one religon and if there was a chosen religon how would you know you followed the right faith ?

Jim
For me itz not so much about going to church!!! But having a Relationship with my all mighty father.
Old 10-07-08, 12:42 AM   #34
cassidyta

Well, I know this thread took quite a turn, but to get back on the topic for a moment.
I got a letter from the California DFG saying my ticket was dismissed and there was no further action required of me. According to some of my other fishing buddies, this Warden (now former) went on a ticket writing rampage. He wrote two guys for littering because they had a trash bag, sitting on the ground beside them. BTW, they had brought the trash bag to keep their trash in it. He apparently had also started harassing some of the teens with a curfew that he chose to put into affect against the local laws. He finally got busted for attempting to perform an illegal search of a sheriff deputies private car because he was parked at a local lake on a picnic.
Old 10-07-08, 08:39 AM   #35
MississippiBoy

Wow, sounds like somebody had quite a God complex. Glad to hear it worked out for you.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-08, 09:38 AM   #36
Lilmoosecountry

Well if i were you i would keep that letter for records. Just in case one day there is a warrant for your arrest on this matter. I don't take there word for anything. There goverment they screw up. That letter maybe your get out of jail ticket.
Old 10-07-08, 04:54 PM   #37
Jim80

Glad to hear it worked out man . He would prob still be on the ticket rampage if it wasn't for the deputies car .

Jim
Old 10-07-08, 05:33 PM   #38
Fishnngolfn

I had an episode with a motorcycle officer down here. The guy wrote me a BS ticket for "impeding traffic" during rush hour in the morning. Long story made short. In order to fight the ticket, I would have had to miss 3 full days of work. I only missed 2 days of work and I took the judge's option of traffic school. I had to shell out $125 for the school (which is just 4 hours on a Thursday evening) but the ticket never made it to my record so I did not see an insurance hike for 3 years.

While I could never do the job of a police officer and respect most of them, some officers just get their rocks off having the "power" to do as they see fit; especially when it is a "he said she said" situation.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-08, 10:16 PM   #39
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

glad to hear the a hole was fired pal. f&g yea there are a few bad apples no matter where ya go huh? glad that you got it settled cassidyta.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-08, 01:11 PM   #40
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Sounds like one of those DVD's they advertise on late night tV. Game Wardens gone wild. I thought a judge would dismiss it.Fish2win

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.