Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 05-21-08, 01:56 PM   #1
wireman317
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Ranger 185vs set up

Any help appreciated. 02 Ranger 185vs, 150xr6, 23 Temp plus, will be adding 6" manual jack this week. Currently running in the low 50's. Any one with suggestion/advice and numbers from a similar set up would help start the dialing in process. Anyone with this boat may also be able to answer this. WOT, trimmed til steering is lite, boat feels as if it is nose down or maybe horizontal with the water. Not that it runs bad it just feels like the bow is low. May be in the design or just my perception. Old boat ran nose high but was of older design. Moved gear to rear compartments without noticable difference. Trimmed past half boat gains rpm but not speed so i think i am trimming it as far as need be. Thank in advance for any help.
wireman317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-08, 02:08 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

never heard of a ranger that runs nose down. most are slight up or dead flat.even with a jack plate i dout you'll hit much more than 60..

what rpm are you turning now?? how big is your rooster tail??

zooker
Old 05-21-08, 09:13 PM   #3
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Need bigger prop ..

But what the hell do I know?

Probably a four blade your running.

Capt Mike
Old 05-21-08, 09:24 PM   #4
Jackl

Wireman,
I have to agree with Capt. Mike, I think you are under propped. I used to have the same boat with a 175 Black Max and pulled a 25 pitch 4 blade SS prop, turning around 5400 to 5500 RPM's
JackL
Old 05-22-08, 05:29 AM   #5
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireman317 View Post
Trimmed past half boat gains rpm but not speed so i think i am trimming it as far as need be. Thank in advance for any help.
There is your answer right there. You say you gonna put a jackplate on?? DONT start playing around with props till ya get the plate on. Then as posted your gonna have top change wheel. That much trim left to use and no gain in speed is a indictaion you have to small a wheel. With the addition of the jackplate you would have had to have gone yo a bigger wheel to get the boat running correctly as well.
Old 05-22-08, 06:52 AM   #6
wireman317
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks guys for all the help. I will post #s no plate, reworked prop & with plate. Give me a little time to tinker and i will get back to you. First post ever and the replies are like getting Christmas presents. Like having this much help. Thanks again.
wireman317 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.