Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 03-08-06, 01:52 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default amsoil??

i hear that this stuff -which is gear oil-in the lower unit lets it run smoother.. anybody else hear this and what is your thoughts on it??

thanks inadvance

zooker
Old 03-08-06, 02:35 PM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

http://www.performanceoiltechnology....lbreakdown.htm

heres a word from our sponsor ...rofl
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-06, 07:01 AM   #3
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

ZOOK and anyone else

USE IT. I promise you buddy its the way to go. I would say 95% if not all of the outboard racers use amsoil in there lowers. The lubricating qualities of amsoil and other synthetics is far superior than crude oil derivitives. While on the subject of amsoil I want to give a heads up on ALL synthetics. I strongly suggest using synthetics on or in any of your motors be them old or new. Yes it costs more but in the long run its worth it. Look at it this way. The standard 150 that is run hard can really use a rebuild after 200 hrs or running if taken well care of. Some have gone many more hours and some less. The average cost of a new or rebuilt powerhead fora 150 is gonna set you back anywhere from 1500-3500 or even as much as 6500 if its say a 225XS or any of the chrome bore motor 2.5litres. The qualities of the synthetics are they are much more water resitant versus crude oil lubes. They actuall will NOT mix. I'm am sure you have seen milky oil before. The same thing applies for all motors be it a 3 hp kicker or a 250hp fire breather. Trust me I have done testing on this as well as all your major outboard manufacturers and the ones that do it on a regular day like the boat racers. They put there motors through more hell in a single day than most people put there outboard in its whole life. When it comes to the hubs on the trailers DO NOT USE the oil bath hubs but do change to synthetic grease. Its is superior. I cant tell ya how much I depend on synthetics. I have also spoken to the folks at several lube companies and personally been in contact with the mobil engineers on the synthetic issue. Heat,wear and tear, water restant.... the list goes on and on. I dont recommend anything unless I have several hours of use and testing undermy belt.
Old 03-09-06, 08:41 PM   #4
bass kicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

i have never herd of it but we get our local boat dealer ship to change all the oils in our motor

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.