Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 08-21-11, 10:08 PM   #1
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default a decent spinning reel without automatic reverse

went to wally word and couldn't find one, guess its back to bps.. any way, not looking for a 50+ dollar reel, as it is going on a 20 buck amp rod, just a decent reel, name or model would be great. I am not a fan of the reels that have instant reverse, sometimes it is more of a pain
wallywallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-11, 01:47 AM   #2
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The shimano spinning reel at your price point will suffice. I wouldn't settle for anything less. Fortunately, $50 buys a decent amount of spinning reel, relative to that same amount applied to a bc reel, which is almost not worth it.
Old 08-22-11, 07:37 AM   #3
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

If you're going to BPS their Extreme spinning reels are at your price point and are as good as any for the money. I used them for years with no issues.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-11, 07:47 AM   #4
wallywallace

i got a good shimano at that price, actually you might a recomened it to me, but it seems the shimanos have disapeared from my dicks, guess i will have to go back to bps, also will check the extremer reels as well
wallywallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-11, 08:09 AM   #5
pro reel

If you are looking for one that still has the trigger fast cast system, the shimano spirex does, but it's price is just a bit above the $50 mark. It retails at $59.99
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-11, 11:23 AM   #6
DVT Mike
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Reels with infinite AR design have a switch to allow it to be turned on and off. At your price point the Pflueger President one of the biggest bang for your buck spinning reels.
Old 08-22-11, 12:29 PM   #7
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Only spinning reel I would get is an Abu Garcia Cardinal, or pflueger trion. They've proven them selves time and time again and work horse reels that last. infinite anti revers too, for good hook sets. You make so it the reel winds backwards, or so it only winds one way by flipping the switch on the front of the reel.
Old 08-26-11, 08:13 AM   #8
Ebbetsguy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have a 9 year old Pflueger trion, currently will set you back 40 bucks. This thing has been cleaned twice and takes a lickin on the river constantly. You don't need no stinkin Shimano reels,
Ebbetsguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.