Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 09-23-12, 02:19 PM   #1
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Revo Toro 50...

If you had an opportunity to pick up a NIB Revo Toro 50 for 150 bucks would you jump on it? Seems like it is a good "big" swimbait reel or from what I've read on it anyways. It's not like I need another reel as I have 2 setting in boxes waiting for rods. According to TW it retails (or they're asking) 269.99 for it. Granted it seems like a smoking deal and I'm a sucker for good deals
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-12, 02:24 PM   #2
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

If you have $150 to blow, I would say yes. I picked up a NIB Toro Winch 50 for $169 last year. I still haven't used it but it seems like an awesome reel and built like a tank. I figured it would make a good swimbait reel (still haven't built the rod) or I could get my money back out of it later.
Old 09-23-12, 02:34 PM   #3
USMCbassman

That's why I have the other two sitting in boxes, I'm going to build the rods for them (deep cranking stick and swim jig stick). I'll be getting my rod building supplies here soon. I have maintained my patience, my wife and mother are going to hook me up for my birthday and get me what I need to get started. I could've bought it a few times over already, but that is what they wanted to do for me so I'm not going to complain and spend my "fun" money on it

Like I said I don't need it, but it's sitting new in a box with all paperwork, both handles and spooled with new braid. Since I love my Curado E's I may hold off and get a 300E instead, plenty of those for sale new or newer at about the same price. Plus it'll give me one more reason to build another rod. I really can't wait until I can start doing that!

Thanks Joe...
Old 09-24-12, 07:27 PM   #4
RAYMAN111
BassFishin.Com Member

It is a great reel. I had a couple of them given to me for some work I did for Abu.....sold them in less than a day. $150 is a great deal. The reel is perfect for swimbaits.....the really big ones we use out here in the West! You know all about that. It's also a great reel for the Calicos......Holds up very well to Saltwater. Like you...I do have some reels that I find myself looking at instead of adding water. Good luck.
RAYMAN111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-12, 07:45 PM   #5
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Oh yeah, one other thing, don't mistakenly buy a 60 sized reel! It is humongous!!
Old 09-25-12, 10:19 AM   #6
Dogmatic

60 is the better "swimbait" reel, mainly because of the difference in line capacity.
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-12, 05:36 PM   #7
USMCbassman

I've seen the size of the 60 and that thing is a beast...
Old 09-25-12, 07:35 PM   #8
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I have a Toro Winch in both 51 and 61 model. I can't imagine using the 61 in a chuck and wind scenario. It is massive.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.