Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 12-19-08, 12:46 PM   #1
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Finesse spinning line

I know alot of people use flourocarbon on spinning reels , I have one spinning reel , and I only have it for wacky worming , drop shotting and split shotting. I dont want to use flouro due to the many complaints ive heard about it slinking off. So , what else would be good for this use ? Last year I used Pline mono , and caught fish just fine ( mist green ) but I didnt drop shot last year. Thanks.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-08, 02:01 PM   #2
rrw4258

I only have two spinning rods, and they were used for finesse baits, shaky heads and some light t-rigging, and dropshotting... I used 8lb. Yo-Zuri Hybrid, or 8lb. Sufix Elite... worked great for me!

Ryan
Old 12-19-08, 03:49 PM   #3
wareagledc
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i use cajun red for just about everything. its cheap and low memory.
wareagledc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-08, 03:51 PM   #4
islandbass

Not all FC lines are equal. Some are more limp and manageable than others like seaguar's invizx.

Also, this line slinking off is practically a non issue with lighter lines such as 6-8# test with Invizx. As one who drop shots with this line 100% (6#), I am telling you upfront line slinking off is NOT an issue with Invizx.

Do you have a Shimano spinning reel? If so, you can actually change the configuration of how the reel lays line onto the spool. This can really help in reducing line slinking off if it is an issue.

I am willing to bet that if and when you switch to 6-8# (use 6# if you can get away with it) FC line, you will notice an increase in strikes and hook ups for these finesee applications. I did and I didn't think that I would have. Don't cheat yourself. Got a limp and manageable FC line like Invizx and be done with it. If you like the traits of mono, then you will love Invizx. It is similar IMHO to mono.
Old 12-19-08, 11:15 PM   #5
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Seaguar's fluoro is the best I've tried so far. Carbon Pro or InvisX. I've also seen they have a new one, Red Label Fluoro, it'll probably be a bit stiffer, but it a lot cheaper than other fluoros. Check out Seaguars website for comparison chart of all their fluoro lines. You see see how than rank against each other in limpness, knot strength, tensile strength, etc.

BB
Old 12-20-08, 09:50 AM   #6
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i cheat on my shakey head reel. every one uses the 4-6 pound floro. me i use 10 pound braid hooked straight up to the shakey head.. you don't hear me grippin about losing a 3 pound bass cause the line broke..

zooker
Old 12-20-08, 12:00 PM   #7
crankybait

Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagledc View Post
i use cajun red for just about everything. its cheap and low memory.
I second that. remember, Redcast.
Old 12-20-08, 12:11 PM   #8
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I have 3 finesse spinning setups in my arsenal. All are spooled with 10 lb braid. Then a Albright knot to a leader or a drop shot rig of 8 or 10 lb mono. I don't like leader flouro line. Line twists are a no issue. Line watching is a snap, and the fish just don't care.
Old 12-20-08, 02:16 PM   #9
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Seaguar's fluoro is the best I've tried so far. Carbon Pro or InvisX. I've also seen they have a new one, Red Label Fluoro, it'll probably be a bit stiffer, but it a lot cheaper than other fluoros. Check out Seaguars website for comparison chart of all their fluoro lines. You see see how than rank against each other in limpness, knot strength, tensile strength, etc.

BB
My thoughts exactly , seaguar invizx #8 ta #12 for what ya want it hasn't let me down yet .

Jim
Old 12-20-08, 06:23 PM   #10
Bender

I like Invizix and Halo both about the same in 6 or 8# test. It is stronger than you think, especially when you have to break it off because you are hung up and using a noodly rod. I don't "think" I lost a fish last year on 6# on my drop shot rod.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 09:17 AM   #11
hookup
BassFishin.Com Member

Tectan
Gamma
Mean green
hookup is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.