Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-12, 01:44 AM   #11
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Bassin View Post
Boom and this is what it boils down too... personal opinion. Personally, I don't think records should be considered unless they come from a native habitat. Anyone can take any animal and put it into a perfect situation and make it a freak of nature... Hence the Texas sharelunker program.
There's only a few on this thread that don't gag at the sight of those big bass. No need to debate the non-native issue since it's only "native" to the east coast/gulf coast and alittle bit of canada. Not just anyone can do what's being done in TX or Cali or Japan. But if someone puts superiour brood stock(brilliant idea...how do you think they get races horses to run so fast?) in an environment perfect for that species (you know that expression they're as happy as a pig in ****?) clean clear deep water, and PLENTY of good food to eat! (wonderful!) So what's the problem? I certainly don't see a freakenstein....I see what a healthy happy well fed and taken care of bass can be. I think everything and everybody wants to be "All They Can BE!" the Army does. As far as what Texas has done ...looks like genious to me. In 1960 there was only one lake in the state that produced bass weighing 13+ lbs now there are 61 Tx lakes that regularly do it, soon there will be 100. Those Texas guys are not mad scientist running around injecting steroids and growth hormones in fish, they are just managing with a focus on raising big fish. My understanding of what happened in Cal is that they just stumbled on their big fish deal after they realized the bass that were already there had learned to follow the trout trucks around and gorge themselves....certainly can't fault anybody there. Just my personal opinion

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.