Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Old 11-25-10, 06:36 PM   #1
Bob Smith
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Bamabassman come on up to G-ville

A bunch of us are meeting for breakfast at the Huddle House in Scottsboro about 6:30 AM Bama time tomorrow (Friday after T-day). We're headed up to Mud Creek to sling some spinnerbaits! Ya ought come with us!!
Old 11-26-10, 08:05 AM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

dang bob-o, wish i could for real buddy. but i got da cajun empty and ready for some much needed repairs. besides, it is raining right now,lol. cold, rain= not a good day to get sick fishing when i ain't got no sick days to use afterwards. have a good time and let me know how ya'll did ok?
Old 11-27-10, 06:53 PM   #3
Bob Smith

ONly got 10-11 fish in my boat. Nothing over 15". I caught most of them in Mud Creek on the flats along side the channel. on a white spinner bait (3/8 oz) with nickel colorado/willow leaf combo in the #2 size blades with 4" white curl tail grub with about 1/2" pinched off the head. We also got a couple on Super fluke and one on a 1/2 oz Sexy Shad, SK red eye shad. Two more of the boats that were with us ended up in Raccoon Creek and boated about 50 sandies and a handful of LMB (up to 2.5 lbs).
The rain quit about 7 AM, but it stayed cold, windy and overcast most of the day. We had a blast and topped it off with supper at the Western Sizzling Steak House on 72 about 4 PM. I also had my best friend, from Murfreesboro, TN., meet us down there and spend the day with us. All told we had four boats out there. You would have been in great company!
Old 11-27-10, 09:06 PM   #4
bamabassman

Well bob i am so sorry i couldn't make it buddy. The holidays are always so busy around here. Glad ya'll had a great time though. 10-11 fish is better than me anyday, hahahahaha. You know i wouldn't have caught anything cept a cold or the flu. Lol. I haven't had the chance to launch at mudd creek yet. One of the places i plan on going come spring. I love the western sizzlin too. One of my favorite places to go really. Good food for the money. I got another place for you if you ever want to try it. Go to the liberty resteraunt. It is over the highway, take a right when you hit the main street in scottsboro. Look on the left after about 1/4 mile. Little home owned place. White in color and just before you get to the gas station. They are the ONLY place that serves RED-EYED GRAVY. Homemade biscuits with red-eyed gravy..............MAN!!! Hopefully we can both meet up come spring. Get ol chris to meet us there too.
Old 11-28-10, 12:53 AM   #5
Bender

I sure wish I was down South right now, I would have come over. I'll keep an eye out for next time.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-10, 10:30 AM   #6
Bob Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I sure wish I was down South right now, I would have come over. I'll keep an eye out for next time.
Bender, just keep your eyes open, you just never know when and where we'll hook up and go. It's going to be tough for a few weeks because I putting my wife in the hospital tomorrow morning to have her knee replaced, so my travelling fishing trips are going to be curtailed for a few weeks.
Old 11-28-10, 10:32 AM   #7
Bob Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
Go to the liberty resteraunt. It is over the highway, take a right when you hit the main street in scottsboro. Look on the left after about 1/4 mile. Little home owned place. White in color and just before you get to the gas station. They are the ONLY place that serves RED-EYED GRAVY. Homemade biscuits with red-eyed gravy..............MAN!!! Hopefully we can both meet up come spring. Get ol chris to meet us there too.

That sounds good, John, I will have to try it. Up there at Mud Creek they also have some cabins to rent that look pretty good (even have garages for the boats!. This spring we are coming over there and rent one, or two, of those cabins and do some red trappin' for the big pre-spawn mamas.
Old 11-28-10, 11:22 AM   #8
bamabassman

Bob.....we will be praying for a sucessful surgery for your wife. Please keep us informed on her progress.
Chris, you know oyu are more than welcome anytime bub. This could be alot of fun.
And bob......i didn't know they had cabins there for rent. I am going to have to ride up there and check it out for real. Lisa and i just might go for a weekend. You know, some US time. Of ocurse we will do some fishing.
Old 11-28-10, 11:36 AM   #9
Bob Smith

A couple of the guys over here stayed there about a month ago and really liked them. I noticed the sign up there on a an old trailer (box trailer) with a boat hull sticking out the front wall (red and white painted with all the info).

Thanks for the prayers, it's going to be tough for a few weeks, but the doctor feels that with the right attitude she should be able to even ditch the cane and the mobility cart.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.