Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 01-20-05, 12:55 AM   #26
IL.bassin36
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin36
Default Re: This will be a very valuable source!!!

Welcome to the asylum! ;D
IL.bassin36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 09:21 AM   #27
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

WOW, miss a day, and all the wires get hot. You've been given the firstimer blast pretty well. We do like to enjoy this site, and have fun. There are lots of knowledgeable folks who are willing to help folks out with their prior experiences, and wisdom. We also poke fun at each other constantly. I do understand your first mistake, and you got reamed for it. However your follow up post bothered me even more. If you are going to be so controlling, and manipulative of YOUR site board, and have already deemed several members here UNACCEPTABLE and would be banned immediately, well I have no desire to even see your site. Sounds like narrow mindedness too me, and yet you ask people to forgive your indiscretion? Well thanks but no thanks. Just because you have the power to remove someone from a forum doesn't mean you should. Your kneejerk reaction, just told me all I need to know about how you will run YOUR site. Now with that being said, please take up a chair and enjoy your stay. Hope the rest of it, is better than the first part, for all of our sakes. I don't hold grudges, and look forward to discussing Bassin with you in the future.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 11:02 AM   #28
Slayem9
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Slayem9

Well put, LR.
Courtesy and decorum go both ways. Just as it was improper not to pm you with a polite suggestion, the response was equally imature and showed no class. (Makes me wonder if we're dealing with an adolescent.)

You already have 1 1/2 strikes (1/2, because I don't see the link to a fishing related site as a big deal). Post intelligently or lurk, but of the many message boards, few make it because of apathy. This site isn't one of them and many topics are discussed by people who did it differently and were successful. All in all, a nice place to visit.

Sam
Slayem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 01:51 PM   #29
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to LEVI

Zook,
I decided to let Jack have this one, but I get the next one . I believe it is safe to say that everyone knows were I stand on these sort of topics ;D

Kybasser
LEVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 06:07 PM   #30
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheBassMan

LizardsRule,
I see your points, and they are very valid points that I will remember in future posts on this site immediately. I believe some of my follow-up posts were misworded by myself. I think I tried to dig myself out of a hole by adding and adding to the posts and instead I may have been going deeper. The reason for the post I made about Jack's reply was simply frustration. Now at the time fo my original post, I saw nothing wrong with posting about my site. Now I see, I could have made the post in a different category or better yet, not at all. But the reason for my outburst on Jack was because I made my 1st post and was excited to see the response it would get. So the 1st thing I see is (for all purposes.......not a quote) You're an a$$ hole. Ok, that set me off. I surf through message boards, all over....I am a member of TackleUnderground.com, IndianaSmallmouth.com, IceShanty.com, and many others. I have never seen anyone call another member an a hole, EVER. To me, that was inappropriate. Now, if Jack had posted "First, Welcome to the site. Now, this will sound harsh. but these advertisements just set me off." and then proceeded to say the things he said, I would have dealt with that finely, as he would there be acting like a mature person. Again, I am not trying to sound like I know more than everyone else on here, and I know there are millions of people throughout the world that know more about fishing than I do. I am just saying that for TTI, I have done many tests on different gear and species, which has furthered my knowledge on fishing. Senko Sam, I guarentee you those count will never get to strike #2. Thak you for your time and I look forward to many good discussions on this board.

Catch em up
Brian
TheBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 07:09 PM   #31
reddscott
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to reddscott

OK this is getting out of hand all he did was post a fishing related site and made a typo... big deal! can tell its winter!
reddscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 09:51 PM   #32
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

Excellent post, Liz.
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 10:04 PM   #33
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Also, once my site grows, and you try and register for our great info, I will dlete you so fast, you won't know what happens. I promote proper internet etiquette. Your behavior does not approve. I may have been wrong, but send me a PM ro something......Don't embarrass me in front of the members of this site. Don't expect any of my advice on your questions, but i willl tell you, I know more than most on the topic of fishing.
Brian, let me clarify my post. I agreed with the general principles in Jack's posts, but not the insults. And I can't find the post in question, so I can't comment on it. My main point was intended to be the part about his post needing more addressees.

Unfortunately, your response shows a vindictiveness and boastfulness. I would not visit your site after that threat and people who "know more than most on the topic of fishing" don't have to tell us that they do, they let their posts speak for themselves.

Welcome to the site; we readily admit that it's an asylum and that we are inmates.
Old 01-20-05, 10:45 PM   #34
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheBassMan

Marty, notice my correction on the knowing most on the topic of fishing.. It was a TYPO. Please look at this situation from my point of view. I think you will then have a different opinion.

I was hoping by now, you guys would drop the topic and move on, but unforunately, it is winter....lol

Catch em up
Brian
TheBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 11:02 PM   #35
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BaSsFiShEr20

[quote author=TackleTester link=board=news;num=1106171698;start=25#29 date=01/20/05 at 16:07:22]LizardsRule,
Â* Â*Â*I am just saying that for TTI, I have done many tests on different gear and species, which has furthered my knowledge on fishing. [/quote]

???

TTI? TTI-Blakemore? What tests. Who are you in relation to them?

Charles
BaSsFiShEr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 11:09 PM   #36
uk03
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to uk03

Sometimes I just KNOW this place is a figment of my imagination! ;D ;D ;D
uk03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-05, 01:05 AM   #37
bennersj
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bennersj

Something tells me it's time for a new subject.
bennersj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-05, 01:28 AM   #38
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Good grief, fellas-the cabin fever must be kicking in pretty bad. Everybody take a deep breath and repeat after me: "Spring will be here soon and the bait monkey is calling ;D"

Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-05, 02:11 AM   #39
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

Is it time to give this thread a bit of a rest? Nobody has to listen to me of course but I think it would be a good thing if my post were the last reply to this thread. Let it end.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-05, 02:14 PM   #40
United_Bass_._Com
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to United_Bass_._Com

Soooooo anyone caught any fish lately??? ;D
United_Bass_._Com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-05, 08:15 PM   #41
Slayem9
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Slayem9

Too d*** cold even for ice fishing, unless you have a heated shack, tv that runs on batteries, good pipe tobacco, a flask of Jack Daniels and a hot babe.

Forget the rest of the stuff (even the tackle) ... the hot babe is enough! Â* Â* oops! got to close this page, the wife is coming down the hall! Â* See ya.
Slayem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-05, 09:46 PM   #42
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=TackleTester link=board=news;num=1106171698;start=25#33 date=01/20/05 at 20:45:48]Marty, notice my correction on the knowing most on the topic of fishing.. It was a TYPO. [/quote]
Duly noted.
Old 01-22-05, 01:21 AM   #43
ALAN_RAMSEY
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ALAN_RAMSEY

wow!

still a new guy in here

gunna stay out of this one catch ya on some other topic!
ALAN_RAMSEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-05, 05:41 AM   #44
nicholastown
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to nicholastown

Good lord, lol, I think this horse is dead, its taken its beating.
nicholastown is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.