Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 01-21-05, 02:27 PM   #1
Mr.Wiffle
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Mr.Wiffle
Default Fishing Line

I have a question from all of the talented fisherman on this site. Â*Has anyone run into a problem with looped line as it comes off a larger spool of line (1500 yrds). Â*I use P-Line and I am having some difficulty getting the loops out before I rig up my baitcaster. Â*Does anyone have any tips on how to get some of the loops and memory out of line before you put it on your reel?

I have heard that if you soak the new spool of line in warm water some of teh memory is lost?

I need some help!

Thanks

???
Mr.Wiffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-05, 04:53 PM   #2
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BaSsFiShEr20
Default Re: Fishing Line

Yeah.Ditch the P-line. I hate it for that reason. Get you some Power Pro. No more problems.

Charles
BaSsFiShEr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-05, 06:05 PM   #3
OhioBass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

[quote author=mjbfsh07 link=board=news;num=1106328453;start=0#0 date=01/21/05 at 12:27:33]I have a question from all of the talented fisherman on this site. Â*
[/quote]
Guys he's trying to ask me a qeustion ;D.....yeah I'd stay away from the P-line
OhioBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-05, 07:06 PM   #4
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

MJB, There is nothing wrong with the P-Line spool. If it is twisting or knottting up coming off the spool, Flip the spool up side down and it should solve the problem.P-Line is a very good line choice and this problem has nothing to do with the line, its the position the spool islaying and how the line was started on the reel. I hope this helps. P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-05, 07:28 PM   #5
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

problem is the p-line.
if ya like mono go with the cajun red or ande-i would.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-05, 08:30 PM   #6
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Warm water can help, also spraying it with Reel Magic will also help. What PNJ said about flipping the spool is correct, but I've found no matter how good you try it will still twist. The best thing that has worked for me is a Berkley Line spooling station, that keeps constant tention on the spool as it's being loaded onto the reel. Once it loaded, spray it heavily with Reel Magic. Another trick after it's on the spool, is to tie it to a tree, and walk off some distance and put some tention on the line(don't overstretch it), or when driving in a boat, let the line out with nothing on it. I don't use P-Line, so it could also be designed to be very stiff, and tough. Some lines are by design made that way. Just a better line for heavier baits.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-05, 08:38 PM   #7
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BaSsFiShEr20

[quote author=lizardsrule link=board=news;num=1106328453;start=0#5 date=01/21/05 at 18:30:09]Warm water can help, also spraying it with Reel Magic will also help. Â*Once it loaded, spray it heavily with Reel Magic. Â*Another trick after it's on the spool, is to tie it to a tree, and walk off some distance and put some tention on the line(don't overstretch it), or when driving in a boat, let the line out with nothing on it. Â*I don't use P-Line, so it could also be designed to be very stiff, and tough. Â*Some lines are by design made that way. Â*Just a better line for heavier baits.

Lizards Â* Â* [/quote]

I used P-Line several times, and tried all the above methods.NOTHING worked. This stuff is just plain stiff, with a whole lot of memory.

JMO,

Charles
BaSsFiShEr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-05, 10:03 PM   #8
bennersj
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bennersj

I haven't been impressed with the P-Line monofilament because of the twist and would suggest another brand of line if you are going to use monofilament. I have heard great things about the Cajun red line like Zooker says although I have never tried any. If you are going to use florocarbon stay with P-Line 100% Florocarbon because it is the best florocarbon I have found compaired with Bass Pro Shop and Berkley Vanish.
bennersj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-05, 01:05 AM   #9
ALAN_RAMSEY
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ALAN_RAMSEY

hey will the real magic work on any line's, braided or not
ALAN_RAMSEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-05, 09:49 AM   #10
lil_bill_dance
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to lil_bill_dance

You could solve all of that with Izorline XXX.

Lakeguide
lil_bill_dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-05, 10:51 AM   #11
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

i would have to agree with larry-lake guide-i use izorline -platinum- for my pitching stick it is 25 pound test. handles well and if ya get hung up- i have broke the hook ouff from a strike king jig with out breaking it- ya may have to cut it.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-05, 11:03 AM   #12
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=2canbass link=board=news;num=1106328453;start=0#8 date=01/21/05 at 23:05:21]hey will the real magic work on any line's, braided or not [/quote]

Yes, it just works differently. It always give you the UV protection, but doesn't loosen up the superlines like it does the mono. But does help it keep from getting tangled IMO, and hlep with it going thru the guides.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-05, 05:18 PM   #13
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

Zooker,
I guess thats why your considered the best jig fisherman on this site.

NOT !
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-05, 08:16 PM   #14
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

Thank you Bassnman.Zooker, Braid has advantages mono will never have for jig fishing, It has a very small diameter which allows the jig to fall naturally to the bottom because the thicker line creates more resistance through the guides than a thinner line. Braid can cut through milfoil and hydrilla easier than mono, and it gives you a better hook set than stretchy mono does.I have had the 30lb Tuf line and do not see those who use 50lb test, but that is only my opinion. ;D ;D P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-05, 11:02 PM   #15
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

Got to agree with pignjig. I have power pro 30# and tuf stuff 30#. The tuf struff is cheaper and so far performs as well as Power Pro. Fishin dude at BPS turned me on to it. Also is not as stiff as PP. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.