Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 04-23-14, 05:44 PM   #1
ROBZILLA
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default My Heart Is Crushed

I have been gone way too long. And I have missed something I still can't believe has happened. I just found out about our brother Zook. I am beside my self....he was such a good man, friend, and all around guy. I know every one has said their good byes and all but this is still so fresh for me.... I'm sorry to stir up old feelings but let me grieve as well. I sent this E-mail to Zook's last E-mail address just because of the guilt i felt as a friend..... I was wondering why we weren't talking and now I know why. For the old members i'm truly sorry for the loss of our good friend. and to the new guys just joining you're unfortunate you didn't get the chance to meet the legendary man of this forum and the unfortunate chance to meet a good loyal friend Like Zook.

Hey there don’t know if this E-mail is going to get through to anybody….. I think that I heard bad news of your passing….i’m still not sure if this is the case. Nobody will answer my E-mails regarding you. “BUT” however I just wanted to write to you some heart felt words to you.

I didn’t get to say goodbye to you or give you words of encouragement to fight the good fight. Knowing you…. you must of gave it one hell of a fight! My Mom is in a very bad state her self, battling her cancer as well. I see the fear in her eyes time to time and I tell her its ok to be scared you have all the rite in the world to be. I feel really bad I didn’t know how serious things were with you. I felt I have let you down as a friend that you could have reached out to for help or, compassion. “For this, I’m really sorry” I hope you can forgive me where ever you call home now. I’m a Pagan and believe in the Earth being the true spirit that gives us life to live. As you return to the earth as a body or ash you will grow back into something beautiful one day. I will miss you’re quick whit, sense of humour and your great stories and talks about food, like us big boys love to do.

I’d like to mention in closing, that you were very nice to me. we had many fond chats video calls that still make me smile….. your big dark glasses on your big bald basketball head. For me buddy you will truly be missed and will go down as a man amongst men in my books. Walk tall where you are my friend, cast that line far! and if you ever need a guy to hold the net for you where ever you are…. I’ll be your net man any ****ing day of the week!

Love Rob Millar
Old 04-23-14, 08:30 PM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

It was a devastating loss for all of us who new old Zook. He was a friend and a mentor. I think about him about every time I am here in the forums. The conversations we had will be with me forever. I am so sorry to hear about the struggles your mother is facing with Cancer. My prayers will be with her tonight.
Old 04-24-14, 06:03 PM   #3
nofearengineer

Sorry you had to find out like that, Rob. Yeah, it sucked.
Old 05-01-14, 05:21 PM   #4
Christopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Hate to hear this! Zook have me tons of advice and help on here.
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-14, 08:22 AM   #5
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Very well said, Rob.
Zooker is definitely missed around here. There's no doubt in my mind that these boards would be much busier if he was still with us. He just had that quality that kept so many people coming back.

I'm sorry about your mom and keepin my fingers crossed for her

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.