Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 04-25-09, 04:54 AM   #1
S4il
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Perfect Spot for Bass (Picture)

The picture speaks for itself, So my question is, what would you throw,...?
I only caught one here, and was quite upset, i fished it for about 2+hrs off/on, using just about everything i had in my box..!

*and thats alot of lures*

The fish i did manage to catch hit a strike-king premier elite spinner bait, white/chartruse. white/(spike-it)red tipped trailer, again not a big fish at all, like 10" max...

This picture is just one of the many i had taken last weekend, on Sunday, (for those that viewed my other pictures) i went back to the pond i had been catching all kinds of 4+lb's in, it was starting to rain when this bad boy showed himself to take a slow rolling spinner bait, after this photo was taken Lighting and Heavy rain followed, forcing me call it a day, but not before some ARSEHOLE kicked me out of the pond for good, and said if i come back he will call the cops, People in this world, i swear.....i cant understand why someone would get so pissed off about me fishing in ponds that your not residents of, WTF is this world coming too?.....My god its just FISHING, anyways it was a good time while it lasted, but not worth going to jail over..

Last edited by S4il; 04-25-09 at 05:01 AM.
S4il is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-09, 05:07 AM   #2
BassinID
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I'd throw a t-rigged worm up to the back of the cove and crawl it out, like a 7" powerbait in junebug should do just fine.
BassinID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-09, 06:43 AM   #3
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

here is my thought on the bridge...

the fish are going to hold up some where out of the direct flow..

the edges of the culvert not in the hole but up against the cement between the culverts.
while active fish in muddy water may hold in the shadow of the bridge don't count on it.. the end of the cement slabs where it goes int to the rock bank will have a fish or ttwo on it.. the wooden spool is the place that will hold the fish..
from the spool i would guess it is 2-3 feet deep in there.. the warmer the water gets the more the bass will get into this area.. i would guess this area would be a spawning area...after the spawn they may leave this area completely.. looking for deeper water..

zooker
Old 04-25-09, 07:35 AM   #4
Bassboss

I would try a down sizing!

IMO, a wacky rig or shaky head looks good. If you use a spinnerbait, don't go with a "full sized" spinnerbait (3/8oz) I would go with 3/16oz - 1/4oz. Remember that's not the real weight of the spinner, it's just the weight of the lead head, buy the time the hook, blade, and wire are added, you've got at least 3/16oz added. Also bettle spins looked good!

Looking at the pic again, the bass my be a bit finicky. That's a concrete walk way, with concrete leading into the water - from the side walk! That will transmit sound well. Try walking lightly!
Old 04-25-09, 11:06 AM   #5
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I would go with a black frog. One that matches the birds. (I will sometimes color the heads of the frogs with a sharpies) I would try to drop side arm it against the edges of the culverts and then bring it back in very eratic motions. After that, I would then fly rig an IKA or something similar do the same thing. Letting the current move it some.
Old 04-25-09, 07:32 PM   #6
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

yeah i bet wacky worms would work great

but yeah everyone is going in the dumps today.... i got kicked out of a pond 2 days in a row after 3 of us caught 50 fish the day before.... the 2nd day of getting kicked out i had members consent and they still kicked us out.... they said "ohhhh we cant find that name"
Old 04-25-09, 10:18 PM   #7
bamabassman

lizard,worm,shaky head worm, plastic crawdad, womrs of all kinds. this is if it were me now. and i would TAKE MY TIME AND FISH VERY SLOWLY. hahahahha, but i don't do very good and if you followed my advice you'd probably be cussing me in about 1 1/2 hrs.
Old 04-25-09, 10:53 PM   #8
S4il

yea im gonna go back there Sunday, That spool is in about 2-3 ft of water, zooker hit it right on the head, i fished that spool with jigs, jerkbaits, crankbaits, bumping the cover, nothing...only the small one off the concrete slab that feeds into the water, Ill keep you guys posted, thanks for the advice, ill try all of the above, shaky head sounds like it might work well in that area.
Old 04-26-09, 08:25 AM   #9
Culln5

I there's any current there I would allow an unweighted senko slowly drift it's way through there.
Old 05-06-09, 12:22 AM   #10
Paul_F
BassFishin.Com Member

I feel as though I have seen this spot before... Where is this?
Paul_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 01:47 AM   #11
S4il

Its over by the fox valley mall, On a back road called McCoy, (i think its McCoy) before you hit the fire station in between route. 59 and the Fox valley mall

it's a small pond on the right side of the road, if your traveling from Aurora to Fox valley.

"It would be on the left if your Coming from naperville"

The lake doesn't have a name, that i know of anyways, its just a pond tucked back behind some condo's/ houses, that no one really fishes that much, But ive caught 4 lbs out of this lake, and i hear it has nice small mouths in it as well, there is a feeder lake that it connects too under McCoy on the opposite side of the street, that lake has a name, cause its of the park districts.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.