Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-04, 08:10 AM   #1

Default Weekly Lake Fork Fishing Report

Well, the temp on my front porch was 56 this morning. The cool weather is a great surprise for us this time of year. I still wonder if the winter will be a cold one or not. The Farmer’s Almanac for the coming year says the winter will be mild to normal. We will have to wait and see.
The fishing has been very good . Top water Pop’R type baits are good morning starters. I have been working it a little faster than normal. Small crank baits worked slowly over the grass have been good. You will have to work the bait a couple of cast to get the speed down. This applies to spinner baits to. The wacky worm was working good along the grass and the last couple of days it has slowed down. The best bait has been a tail spinner worked like a spinner bait over the grass. This bait has been about the size of the shad the fish are feeding on. The fish are schooling and most are small but there are a few good fish mixed in. The water temp is down to the low 80’s.
The little fish are scattered from the deep water to the shallow’s. I caught fish that were barely six inches long out in 25 foot of water. This is the normal fishing we have for this time of year. The little fish show up with a few good fish mixed in, then the water gets colder and the good fish pull up.
The best thing is what ever you like to throw is working. The yellow bass are showing up on the humps and this is a good thing for the younger fishermen. You can get your kids bit with these hard fighters once you have located them. Drop a spoon or crappie jig down to the bottom and reel up just a little and bounce the bait and hold on.
The crappie are running small with many throw backs before you get your limit. 16 to 18 foot down in 25 to 30 foot of water. The usual jigs and minnows are the best baits.
The McDonald tournament is right around the corner. I still have some days open if you wont to get out and get and ideal of what to do.
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.