Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-05, 08:10 AM   #1

Default Weekly Lake Fork Fishing Report

Well, this past weeks fishing was a little slow for me. Spinner baits and lipless crank baits have been the baits of choice. Grass is still the key with both baits. I have mentioned many times this time of year you can hit or miss on a stretch of bank. What I mean is you may fish for nine miles and if you had gone just twenty five more feet you may have hit a area holding several fish. The weather has not been real bad. We did have one day with ice in our guides for the first hour. The weekend looks great and the water temp is starting about 49 moving up to 53 in the afternoons. The grass in many areas up north is unbelievable. This will be great for Wave Tiki Sticks, Lake Fork Tackle Ring Fries as soon as the water gets up to the upper fifties. Points have still be good areas to work along with flats leading back to shallow spawning areas. Cover plenty of water and slow down when you get a bite or catch a fish. I have managed to catch a few fish out deep on some humps with a Carolina rig and a jigging spoon.
I have not been crappie fishing for a while as most trips have been for bass. They should start moving soon back to the bridges and shallows for their spawn. Last year the crappie beat the bass to the shallow water. That was the first time I had seen that. You may start looking around timber on the mouths of creeks with water 20 foot deep. Minnows may be your best locator then you can switch to jigs.
I still have some spring dates open so give me a call.
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.