Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-05, 10:16 PM   #1
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

Default food

as i cross this great country i have found that food changes from place to place even the same food. for example hot dogs-an all american food- i grew up in ny so prefur my dogs boiled with kruat,onions,mustard. here in nc they are mostly with chili and hot sauce-texas pete-and or red slaw. by far the strangest i have seen is chicago there dogs have tomato's, pepper's,and oinion's-large hunks of them on a dog-and quite messy.

here in the land of bbq i have come to like the red slaw over the white-northern-slaw. but i have no great fondness of bbqed pork. while any gal here can whip up an awesome bannana pudding. i like mine in a pie crust and call it cream pie. as for tater salad-yep i am going to start a fight here-northen tater salad has eggs and oinions ,and taters in it as were southern tater salad has nothing more than mustard and tater's. personally i will drive out of my way to get some good southern fried chicken -specily if there happens to be a old african american lady cooking.

as for grits -ya have got to be kidding -i hate northern oat meal also. although grits do have a good use they leave a nice polish on brass.and brains for some this sounds nasty but are quite good.they seemed to use every part of the pig here.
in texas i really dig the steaks and brisket-texas style bbq-.

as some of you know i work with a large population of mexicano's-these are the real deals boy's-there food takes some getting used to-not to mention alot of antiacid-they make a large cookie shaped bread they call cake-taste like grandmas sugar cookie to me-i have noticed that there sea food is never cooked with any hot contents-while i have eaten eggs and beans with habolnero peppers in it. talk about peel the hair of a goat hot wow!!! they also make a small brown grainy bread that has all the flavor of card board they either put honey on this bread or ground roasted pumkin seeds on it which changes this bread to something almost heavenly.

as i can only cover few places i have been i want to hear your side of the story..

hey i am a big guy who likes to eat..

zooker

Â*

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-05, 10:31 PM   #2
mallard
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mallard
Default Re: food

I just had cottage cheese for a snack.

Yes, I eat many things
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-05, 11:27 PM   #3
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

thats nasty lone anyways i really like any road side bbq its gooood stuff. i also really like chilli dogs and i like butter gritts. i also like shrimp scampi.and peches. lets just say i like alot of kinds of food.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-05, 12:20 AM   #4
singerloo
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to singerloo

Japanese steakhouses, now that's the sh**!

seaphantom
singerloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-05, 01:32 AM   #5
Makitcnt4u
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Makitcnt4u

Grits are amazing. I mix mine with texas pete and 4 tablespoons of cayanne pepper. Fried catfish or fried chicken or for that matter anything fried. Pickled okra. anything that is hot. I typically eat at a mexican at least twice a week but I have eaten at one 5 times in one week. I love salsa. Last summer I acheived my ultimate feat: I ate 5 Habernero peppers in 8 .4 seconds. Although I was in great pain for the next 45 minutes.
Makitcnt4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-05, 10:52 AM   #6
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

ya i loveee chinesse food
Old 02-15-05, 11:29 AM   #7
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Meat and Potatoes ;D

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-05, 12:39 PM   #8
danrw84
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to danrw84

We have a family restaurant in our town called Little Mexico where the only words you understand are "Hola, amigos!" Â*Best salsa I've ever tasted. Â*We have to buy it whenever we take food to a family get together. Â*I have a buddy from Oklahoma who made brisket for me once, it was awesome! Â*Went on vacation last year with friends from Arkansas, they took us to their favorite bbq place. Â*Never tasted anything like that in Indiana! Â*A totally different flavor, made my nose run! Â*I love my roast and potatos and baby carrots, home made chicken enchiladas, chili with venison, my moms biscuits and gravy are to die for, beer bread, green bean casserole, my wifes meatloaf and anything else she makes. Â*I love to eat...and the best part is I'm still the same size I was in high school. Â*Fast metablolism I guess!
danrw84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-05, 03:12 PM   #9
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

geek

"every thing my wife makes" sounds like the poor lad is trying for brownie points to me ...
jk....
my last girlfriend was a meance in the kitchen the poor girl could not make mac and chesse :P...

is it just me? every lil old lady thinks that us single guys just don't get enough to eat.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Old 02-15-05, 06:34 PM   #10
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

grool and water, stale bread if I'm lucky
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-05, 07:13 PM   #11
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

also duck.(not the kind from the store, the kind i shot down)
Old 02-15-05, 08:57 PM   #12
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

Grits ? Zooker don't it sound like road sand during the winters up here ? ;D I ain't seen a plate full of food that I would turn down yet ? P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-05, 12:25 AM   #13
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

Southern cooking by far...even grits, bisc&gravy, cant beat the north for good solid italian food. Just not the same down here..must be the water. Like others, I dont miss to many meals. Wife makes awesome sweet potato pie. All time favorite- Tbone steak, sweet potato w/ cinnamon butter, fresh steamed broc and cauliflower, sweet iced tea, and a fresh piece of grilled salmon. Eat all that and go lay down on the couch for a nap. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-05, 08:18 PM   #14
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

hose holder
i have to agree with the biscits and gravy -southern style -put a plate of this on your hat and your tongue will beat your brains out to get to it -it's that good.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Old 02-17-05, 12:55 AM   #15
wylie_cope
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to wylie_cope

I second the Japanese steakhouse... Love seafood, mexican food, southern food, pretty much all food but my favortie is fresh deer steak :P
wylie_cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-05, 01:16 AM   #16
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

Nothing like country fried steak at cracker barrell. Waffle House omelets are good too. Those are two national chains that I'm sure yall have heard of that I like.

Locally, we have a place called greenbrier resturant that specializes in country cooking. Also BBQ, Marys north of H'ville, Dreamland in TTown, Archibalds in TTown, Rendevous in Memphis...lots of choices in the south. When I'm in Atlanta, gotta eat at the Varsity...Point Clear: Gambinos....

Yea I like food. ;D
zman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.