Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-04, 02:46 PM   #1

Default Stick Marsh/Farm 13

The last five days have had one constant, intensive heat, and some pretty good fishing. All of the fish we have found have been in areas of current, but the current had to be the right current. The spillway on the south end of the Farm has not been producing as they raise and lower the gate almost daily to different levels. The water coming in from Garcia is dirty and my guess is that the oxygen levels are low as the bass are sparse in that area at best.
The spillway which exits north out of the C54 has produced well prior to the last 5 days but it seems that the fishing has slowed there drastically. At the beginning of last week we had some good catches there but lately it's just not happening.
The pump house on the Farm has been running quite a bit and we have had several days of good fishing there. However, when they are pumping the current has to visible and pretty strong to produce well. If the current is weak then so is the fishing.
The pipes in the NE corner of the Marsh have been flowing well but they had a machine trying to get weed out on the Fellsmere Farm side and that has made for a mess of debris coming through the pipes. No fish to be found there.
They finally got some of the water flowing through the Farm and Marsh which can make the cut into the Marsh a bonanza area. Good catches have been gotten there over the last couple of days. Scott and I went out to do what we love to do and spent a leisurely morning there yesterday and landed 58 bass with the big one at seven pounds. The day before, with clients on board we ended up there after trying the pump house and catching some smaller bass.
We also have been working the SW area of the Farm and have been getting some fish on Chug Bugs. So far this is a morning bite. The SW corner of the Marsh has been another are of shad busts, but we haven't really been able to coax more than a couple of bass into the top water bait. However, we have cleaned up in that area with rattle traps. Another are that has been having shad busts is the intersection of the E/W and center N/S ditches on the Farm. Again, most fish that responded were hitting rattle traps and C-rigs.
See you on the water. Say hi if you get the chance.
Attached E-mail I just received:
Hi George,

Thanks for stopping to talk yesterday. You and Scott have helped us more than you'll ever know with regards toÂ*catching fish and traveling through the Stick Marsh & Farm 13. All three of my kids (Matt, Carrie & Joe) as well as my wife Cindy enjoy being on the Marsh as much as any fresh or saltwater location. (Thanks to you!)

Looks like the bass are stacking up at the spillway right nowÂ*but IÂ*doubt you'll see usÂ*there.Â*Â*It reminds us of opening day on the trout stream and not my favorite style of fishing. Thank goodness there are fish in other locations too (NW Palms). Attached is a picture of a recent catch made by my wife Cindy. Boy is she proud!Â*Â*

Old 08-31-04, 05:50 PM   #2
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch
Default Re: Stick Marsh/Farm 13

How often are you there? I try to fish the farm 2-3 days a week if the wife will let me. Wont ask what youre in, Im in a 16ft alumacraft. Say hi if you see me. Would love to pick your brain for a minute or two if youre not with a client. Scott
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.