Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 01-01-05, 02:42 PM   #1
OhioBass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default I'm quiting Basketball

Last night we played in our championship game......and it was a extremly close game....and I'm a starter....but in the second quarter my coach took me out and didt play me anymore....so i quit! >
OhioBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-05, 05:17 PM   #2
ryan7261
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ryan7261
Default Re: I'm quiting Basketball

Even the greatest players get put on the bench. Micheal Jordan was cut from his high school team and told he wasn't good enough. Shak,Kobe, among many other sit on the bench. That's why the coach makes the call . this is or might be the best thing for the team at this time.

It sounds to me your being a little childish about it. There's no "I" in team , so suck up buck up and carry on.

this is what they call a character builder.

Robby. P.S I know it suck's but that's a part of sports.
ryan7261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-05, 07:54 PM   #3
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

yeah, but there is a "me" in team.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-05, 09:16 PM   #4
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

Nick, you can do as you wish....but you should be warned that this is the type of thing that sometimes people regret in their later years.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-05, 09:45 PM   #5
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=Nick link=board=Tourneys;num=1104601322;start=0#0 date=01/01/05 at 12:42:01]Last night we played in our championship game......and it was a extremly close game....and I'm a starter....but in the second quarter my coach took me out and didt play me anymore....so i quit! >[/quote]

Well without feeling sorry for yourself, ask yourself WHY he took you out? Was it because you weren't hitting shots, making errors on defense, not blocking out? There was a reason he took you out, and I seriuosly doubt it was a personal thing. Ask the coach why, and LISTEN TO WHAT HE TELLS YOU. No offence intended, but it sounds like the old POOR ME routine I hear all over when someone doesn't get what they want. Well guess what nobody always gets what they want, life isn't fair. If you want to play Basketball, then figure out how to improve yourself, nobody will force you to. And watch as all of the folks who put in the effort pass you by with effort and determination. When someone tells me I'm doing poorly in something, I don't just quit, I work hard to get better at whatever it is. If you keep quitting everytime the chips are down, you'll end up believing everyones against you and it's not fair. Well it is, just others keep working harder, therefor get the positions or playing time in this case. Just because you started out as a starter, doesn't mean you'll stay there, especially if the other players are working hard in practice and games, and you think because you're a starter you don't need to. How did you get to be a starter in the first place? Probably by working hard, but you better understand real quickly that if you don't continue to work hard, you'll be replaced, and passed by. Now with all of that being said, I also realize you are going through a tough time in your life right now. And it will, and does affect your attitude, and attention. I can't make it better for you no-one can. You will find in time, that it is easier to deal with, but it will never go away completely. So perhaps you do want to get out of Basketball, or perhaps, you're just feeling overwhelmed right now, and believe that there isn't any point in it. I like you from your posts Nick, but you have to make a determination, if you're gonna sit on the sidelines, or be apart of life. It's up to you, not me or anyone else. I truly wish your dreams come true, but you have to work very hard for them to come true, it isn't easy, and there's always gonna be someone trying just as hard if not harder.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-05, 11:40 PM   #6
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

you always got the man tryin to keep you down....that's life..that's why we fish
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-05, 02:38 PM   #7
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

Now you can go out for the wrestling team.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-05, 10:44 PM   #8
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to LEVI

Nick,
With that attitude go ahead and quit, I doubt your team will care. Come to think of it they will probably be better off because they will want team players and by quitting you are just proving you are not one. Good luck!

Kybasser
LEVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-05, 12:50 AM   #9
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

If you quit this,whats next? School in more ways than one helps you deal with life situations. If you start quitting stuff because you get benched or dont get the promotion that will make for a long,hard, unemployed life. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-05, 11:42 AM   #10
randycanfish
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randycanfish

actually the only reason i would recommend you quit basketball is to take up wrestling!!

my wrestling team had a saying

girls play basketball, boys play football and MEN WRESTLE!!!!
randycanfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-05, 02:09 PM   #11
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to LEVI

People that wrestle can't handle football

Kybasser
LEVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-05, 03:28 PM   #12
randycanfish
BassFishin.Com Member

LOLOL

thats almost funny!!!

can't handle football????LOL

i played soccer, baseball(not worth really discussing in this discussion) and wrestled in high school

and the verage high school soccer player runs 8 miles in a soccer game !! yes 8 miles. and a 6 minute wrestling match makes you feel like you've played 3 straight soccer games!

not to mention my wrestling coach was also the high school football coach and he was the one who came up with that saying!
Old 01-03-05, 06:02 PM   #13
danrw84
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to danrw84

Speaking of wrestiling...Name the movie...

"I have such a deep admiration for guys who role around on the floor with other guys."

"You'de never miss it. Â*You don't have any goals."

"Oh, but I do. Â*I want to be just like you. I figure all I need is a lobotomy and some tights."

"You wear tights?"

"No, I do not wear tights. Â*I wear the standard uniform."

"Tights."

"Shut up!"
danrw84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-05, 06:12 PM   #14
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

pretjah, soccer and baseball are barely physical sports ;D anyways nick, my first year of football i wasnt even a starter.now i am a pop warner all american and have scholorship money to go towards college and also after that season i got 2 go 2 a all american football game and play w/ the best kids from around the state. its sort of like a pro bowl. the point of the story is that i could have quit my 1st year and then i wouldnt have been an all american. next year i will b playing high school ball and whether i make college or not i still have some of the money to go. just dont quit
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-05, 08:07 PM   #15
mallard
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mallard

ppsshh

I'm a track athlete and my favorite sport to watch is major league baseball (Boston Red Sox!)

I agree Nick, talk to your coach. If he is a good coach, he can talk to you and give you tips on improving yourself. If he doesn't, then he might not be a very good coach. But be respectful! I hope it works out.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-05, 03:05 AM   #16
ryan7261
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ryan7261

The movie is the Breakfast Club.

Good movie, creek geek

It was easy one for me to get " mess with the bull you'll get the horns mister"

Robby.
ryan7261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-05, 10:37 AM   #17
danrw84
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to danrw84

Those were the days... weren't they Rob?

I could sit and watch that movie over and over
danrw84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-05, 02:04 PM   #18
randycanfish
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=creekgeek link=board=Tourneys;num=1104601322;start=0#16 date=01/04/05 at 08:37:06]Those were the days... weren't they Rob?

I could sit and watch that movie over and over [/quote]

it was a classic movie!

it's no better off dead or say anything but it was a great movie!
Old 02-04-05, 01:00 AM   #19
bluebaitking
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bluebaitking

i play high school bball too. you sound a little cocky that you would quit just cuz the coach benches you. theres guys on my team that are benched the whole game.
bluebaitking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-05, 04:54 PM   #20
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

Hey Kybasser,
I was All-conference in wrestling two years in a row.
Honorable mention in football my senior year as well as one of the capitans of the football team.
Don't critisize someone who's done things that you'll never do or perhaps can't do. Enough said

Bassnman30
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.