Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 07-19-06, 01:24 PM   #1
Mattern Guide Servic
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Mattern Guide Service on Lake Palestine

Fishing ReportEmail This Report to a Fishing BuddyDate of Report: 2006/07/19Texas Fishing ReportFishing Area: Lake Palestine Mattern Guide ServiceHello everybody,

Exodus 14:14 The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.

Well Bass fishing has picked up some this week with Bass being caught up to 5-6 lbs. along with some solid good Bass in the 3 lb. range. Bass are holding tight nearer to deeper channels and deeper break lines away from the banks.

Topwaters have been working but not like in the early part of June. Shad type topwaters and weighted hooks with speed worms by zoom rigged Texas rigged on them in Junebugs and blues or grapes with metalflake in them have been working well. Wacky rigged worms on wieghted hooks fished along creek channels have been getting some quality Bass.

Boathouses are holding Bass and hitting texas rigged sweet Beavers and babybrush hogs in different watermelon colors. Black and blue with junebug trailer jigs will work right now around boatdocks and are producing some fish over 3 lbs. but you have to cover alot of boathouse to find them.

You know I have alot of custom rods made for me by Jeff Friend with Friendly Custom rods. But this last one helped me place 2nd in a tournament on Cedar Creek Lake this last Saturday with 17.62 lbs. Jeff made me a 7' 6 Shakari Blank and customed it out with a hand grip that does not have the threads underneath that hurt your fingers at the end of the day. My 2nd place win would have not happened if it were not for that rod. I never plug many sponsors or companies but I was made a believer on this rod.

If you are interested in having Jeff make a custom Rod to your specifications give him a call at 903- 584-3594

Guided bookings can be made with me at 903-478-2633 or 903-724-1203

Thanks and God Bless you.Report DetailsFish Type: Largemouth Bass

Water Temperature: 77 to 85 deg F
Water Clarity: 1 foot
Water Depth: 10 to 20 ft

Bait and Tackle: Rods by Friendly Custom rods with Johnny Morris reels spooled with Seaguar 15 lb. and Big Game 15 lb.Charter and Angler InformationReport Submitted By: Capt. Don Mattern Sr.
Email Address: donmat@earthlink.net
Marina or Inlet Name: The Villages Marina
Charter Biz Phone: 903-478-2633Submitted by:
Pro Fishing Charter or Guide - Mattern Guide Service
Mattern Guide Servic is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.