Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Old 12-11-06, 10:34 AM   #1
Capt John

Default Classified Rules

Just needed to know the rules here. Is this for all types of ads or is it strickly for personal ads? I have posted a couple of ads myself but they get taken off here. By looking at the rest of the post, I have done no different then some of the other post listing a product or web site. Just trying not to step on any toes here.
Old 12-11-06, 12:07 PM   #2
skeeter944
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

well,i think that it is personal only,but if you want to advertise,send kevin a pm and see what he can do for you.
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-06, 12:14 PM   #3
Christopherkeene9

Or you can sponser the Winter Freshwater tournament with some small prizes and be able to get your logo on this site

www.freewebs.com/onlinebasstournament

Christopher
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-06, 01:07 PM   #4
Capt John

Personal? Don`t know. I do not see any written rules anywhere. If one is doing something wrong, he/she should be notified. Its called, good communication between you and your customers. It maybe best I carry on to another forum.

Christopher
I recieve just over 1 million visiters per year. Sitting just over 34,000 for December. I do not believe a small logo is going to do me any good. Good thinking though. As for sponsoring. why would you come and buy anything, when you are already getting it for free. When looking a sponsorship, companies are looking for promoters. The Bassmasters magazine had the perfect article on this in there Jan. issue.

Another example: We have a local club here that has asked for sponsorship on three different occassions. When looking at the list of club members. None of them support our business. We automatically support those that are coming in and supporting us. I could name a couple major manufactures that have quite donating, the return is just not there.
Old 12-20-06, 08:29 PM   #5
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

welcome capt john..i think kevin would explain it to you if you PM'd him.
also just trying to be helpful here,you might want to fill out your profile.some of the guys(i won't mention names )are leery about replying to new members without a profile.
Old 12-22-06, 11:48 PM   #6
Jolly
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I don't mean to sound rude or anything but if you are getting over a million customers a year then why are you posting on the classifieds section on a small forum trying to sell something. And since you are, it seems obvious to me, and others (Chris), that you are looking for some advertising and/or ad space. Again, I'm not trying to be/sound rude but obviously you are selling something that your 1 million customers a year don't seem to be buying or are buying a lot of. If it's the latter then great but, come on. It seems to me that you are wanting a free place to post ads for your business rather than a fishermen looking to sell a few reels like the other members here. Again, I am really, really, really not trying to be/sound rude!!

Jolly
Old 12-22-06, 11:51 PM   #7
Christopherkeene9

The reason you would be sponsoring by giving some products as prizes would be to get your name out there and so anglers could test your products (most try something new by word of mouth from others), but with you so called # of hits you don't need it.
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.