Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 05-17-13, 05:23 PM   #1
WillCFish
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Power loading works for me. Not legal in some places.

Boat loading made easy for me so I don't have to get out.
Not saying this is the safest way but it keeps me out from between the truck and trailer and the dock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT4m8d2E_7c
WillCFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-13, 08:59 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

On my Triton 21X I always have my partner back the trailer in until there is roughly 2 feet of the bunk boards sticking out of the water (on most ramps this is with the back tire under water and the front tire almost under water). I will run the boat up until it is about ready to hit the trailer and then I will take it out of gear and let it center itself on the trailer. Then I put it in gear and give it enough gas to run it on up the trailer. Then I shut the motor off and go to the bow and tighten the winch strap. I don't know about your boat, but you might try not backing the trailer in as far so you don't have to leave the motor in gear while you go winch it up tight. A lot of the tournament guys around here will just run their boat up on the trailer and not attach the winch strap until they are parked in the parking lot. They will keep the boat in gear and give it a little gas while the trailer is being pulled out of the lake. Once the prop is out of the water they kill the engine. I've yet to see one slide off its trailer, but I will never tempt fate by trying this.
Old 05-20-13, 12:10 PM   #3
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Kory, same process I use. One change is that I sit in the middle of the boat and reach over to the sterring wheel as I load onto the trailer. This distributes my weight over the center of the boat which results into a much better alignment on the trailer. This probably only matters on aluminum boats where weight can have a pretty good affect on how the boat sits. I doubt your big Triton would have this issue!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.