Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 10-05-08, 08:46 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default did i see the zara spook?

hey folks. just got back from a visit down to saouth bama. had a nice wedding i had to attend for a nephew of my wifes. her sister in law that was the kidney donor for lisa. anywho... we also had to meet MY nephew (oldest sisters son), on the other side of the bay and give him a few tools i had promised him . he just moved down there and was in need of some tools to start his new job. so since i had a few spares, i gave them to him. now here is the part i am wondering about. see...as we were going across the I-10 bayway across the famous Mobile Bay, i was looking at all the folks out there fishing. some i knew were fishing for flounder, redfish and so forth. a few were also bassfishing. the tide was up and the bay is still brackish i know form having lived there for 17 years. and as i am looking at all the boats, my wife and (at the same time i might add) noticed a familer looking rig. then we turned to one another and said "is that wtl?" is that the famous SS ZARA SPOOK? so wtl, it was about halfway across the bay, at exactly 9:10 am, on the bay side of the bridge. wuz you there? let us know and tell us (if it was you) how you did. i blew my horn, like...yea i know you or anyone else out there would be able to hear it, NOT. lmao. and we were going around 80mph,too. we wuz in a hurry gang, sorry. we also just HAD to check out the B P S store there in spanish fort. yes gang the ol bait monkey got us fer around 150 bucks. i'll let the mrs tell ya'll what SHE got versus what i got, hahaha.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-08, 08:51 PM   #2
zooker

rut row the truth may come forth from the missus...

zooker
Old 10-05-08, 09:03 PM   #3
WTL

Nope, it couldn't have been me-but perhaps someone up there has a chugger spook?

I launched onto mobile bay proper for the first time friday (fairhope/point clear), and the big rolling waves and south wind was too much to really fish in so I put her back on the trailer after 15 or so minutes. That boats got a real high center of gravity and those deep rollers will make it uncomfortable, especially with saltwater splashin over the transom.

I have fished the fish river and weeks bay a little, caught some smallish bass and redfish. Gonna try and find some bigger bass maybe even tomorow if I get a chance up on the Mobile Delta near brynes lake or perkins landing.

The spanish fort BPS is cool. I was in there just the other day too.
Old 10-05-08, 09:05 PM   #4
mrs bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Member

Yea I got a Bill Dance Quantum select seriers combo. Like I really know what that is lol. John is standing here tellling me what I bought. All I know is it looked good. HaHaHa
Anyway, can't wait to use it.
mrs bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-08, 09:08 PM   #5
mrs bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Member

So WTL how much the the bait monkey get you for? I've got to go back without John so I can do some Christmas shopping for him.
mrs bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-08, 09:14 PM   #6
WTL

Bout 20 something dollars. It would have been much more, but the buyout gorillas have me worried about our nations economic chimpanzies.
Old 10-05-08, 10:13 PM   #7
bamabassman

the new rod and reel ain't all she got. she is being modest gang. she also got her a NEW tackle box as well, a plano model 6120 2 tray deal. all i got was 3 jigs, 2 1/4 oz and 1 5/16th oz. along with 4 skirts.

oh yea she got herself a pair of gloves too. she needs the gloves cause although she is doing great since the transplant, she can't handle the fish cause of infections. that is why i have been handling her catches for her. she wants to do it herself so i told her to buy a set of gloves. if by chance she gets finned, it could set up an infection, hince the gloves. i told her i would GLADLY continue handling the fish she catches...but she is pretty stuborn little lady,lol.
Old 10-05-08, 10:16 PM   #8
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Well, until you catch something, you can't very well handle your own, can you?
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-08, 05:45 PM   #9
bamabassman

hahaha mb funny....NOT,LMAO. yea go ahead and rub it in man. lmao.
Old 10-06-08, 10:39 PM   #10
flfireman

OUCH!! That was a shot. Funny.... but still a shot. Mrs Bama you just keep right on hooking all them fish. Bama... well I guess you just keep unhooking all them fish.
Old 10-06-08, 11:19 PM   #11
MississippiBoy

Sorry John, had to get one in on ya. I can't say anything, me and the wife got skunked Saturday. First time I've gotten her to go with me this year, and I only had one strike on a spinnerbait, and I missed that one. Maybe she'll try it with me again later.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-08, 04:07 PM   #12
lizardsrule

I do think it's great you two can have a great time fishing and "SHOPPING" together LOL. Not very often you can find those to likes similiar in any marriage.

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.