Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 04-14-11, 02:27 PM   #26
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

NFE needs an all-you-can-eat buffet, like he needs a new pint tu-tu.

ROFLMAO and where's my clapper? Help I'm rolling on the floor and I can't get up! I'll never get off the floor. My god my ribs hurt. Crap, I can't get that image out of my head. Pink tu-tu, sleeveless pink Under Armour shirt and the Thomas Engineer hat. I think I need to change my depends.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11, 05:33 PM   #27
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

ALRIGHT FOLKS!!! 4 WEEKS TO GO! I AM GOING TO MAKE THE LIST OF WHO IS BRINGING WHAT OK? IF OYU HAVEN'T VOLINTEERED TO BRING SOMETHING SOON....I WILL DO IT FOR YOU. COOL?

WTL...........WE NEED A FISHING REPORT FROM YOU IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. MY CONTACTS HAVEN'T CAUGHT A THING! they must be bedding like here at the mudhole. g'ville is starting to bed as well.
Old 04-18-11, 05:50 PM   #28
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
ALRIGHT FOLKS!!! 4 WEEKS TO GO! I AM GOING TO MAKE THE LIST OF WHO IS BRINGING WHAT OK? IF OYU HAVEN'T VOLINTEERED TO BRING SOMETHING SOON....I WILL DO IT FOR YOU. COOL?

WTL...........WE NEED A FISHING REPORT FROM YOU IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. MY CONTACTS HAVEN'T CAUGHT A THING! they must be bedding like here at the mudhole. g'ville is starting to bed as well.
If they are bedding now, maybe there will be some hot post spawn action going on when we all get there.
Old 04-18-11, 08:11 PM   #29
bamabassman

counting on it keith. for real man. i am truly hoping they are off bed in a month. otherwise we may be ordering from pizza hut, hahahaha!
Old 04-19-11, 12:54 PM   #30
WTL

John, I was fixin to ask you.

Of course I am down in montgomery, yesterday I hit the tallapoosa river at fort Toulousse and was clean skunked. The water was way up and out of the banks. My normal fishing locations were too dangerous with the current, so I tried the backwater areas and also Jordan near the dam and cant be sure that I even got a bite. I'm stuck in the kayak for the time being so it limits how well I can run and gun when the conditions get interesting.

So what is the water level like up there on the Tennessee river?
Old 04-19-11, 02:21 PM   #31
bassboogieman

LEFTOVERS? From the sound of things, leftovers WON'T be a problem.
Old 04-19-11, 09:14 PM   #32
bamabassman

i'll see if we can get GBASSMAN to give us a heads up on river levels at g'ville. i have tired and tired to get some info on wheeler, nobody is giving any so far. i'll keep on though. i may get to go to g'ville friday or saturday, dunno yet. gotta alot of work to do around ehre. trying to get caught up before the event.

now, anybody want to volinteer anyting else for the cookout friday night? if so say now or i'll have to tell oyu what to bring ok? so don't get mad at me,lol.

now, of course everyone knows (i hope) to bring your own sitting chairs and such right? if oyu have a teddy bear you have to sleep with, bring it too, hahahaha. kidding. teddy bears go to me and lisa! lol.

i HOPE to have the list done by this friday folks. AIN'T LONG NOW GANG. SPEAK UP NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE!

ARE WE READY TO FISH?!?! I AM!!!!
Old 04-19-11, 11:07 PM   #33
bassboogieman

If you want the water levels and generation schedules you can look here.
http://www.tva.com/river/lakeinfo/index.htm
Doesn't mean much now, but if there was (and I doubt it) wireless internet at the cabins we could access. Anyone with a smart phone could probably get it via the phone. I don't have one of those.
Old 04-21-11, 06:00 PM   #34
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Does anyone know for sure if there are grills or not?

BB
Old 04-21-11, 10:30 PM   #35
WTL

Grills; Yes, the type that are on stands that you use charcoil with.
Old 04-21-11, 10:30 PM   #36
bamabassman

i will do my best to cal them and find out for sure about grills.

now folks, i am in the process of making the FOOD list. i am OCUNTING on those of oyu to bring what is asked of you ok? but if oyu can't when i make the FINAL list, please make SURE oyu bring some cash to help out ok? times are tough for EVERYONE, but let's not make some folks pay or bring more than anyone else. let's keep it easy for everyone.

billy, i jsut saw oyur post after i posted mine. i have used these befoer gang. not real good. i THOUGHT that this is what kind they would have. BIG rods with wide gaps in between. not the best for a burger folks. so if someone has a protable grill they can bring, PLEASE TELL US AND BRING IT. thanks!
Old 04-21-11, 10:31 PM   #37
MississippiBoy

I looked all over their website and didn't see grills mentioned, but every other amenity they do have is listed, so that makes me doubt they have them.

EDIT: I redact this statement in light of information provided by Mr. Love 2 posts previous....

Last edited by MississippiBoy; 04-22-11 at 10:13 AM.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-11, 11:40 PM   #38
bassboogieman

If they are set-up like the cabins at Guntersville, and they are both Alabama State Parks, so as a logical NORTHERN boy I would think they would be similiar but what do I know. What was I talking about? Oh, grills - the cabins at G'ville had a charchoal grill off the deck. Actually a metal box with a grill top set on a metal post. They also had FIRE PITS - I have no idea what they are for possibly some REBEL sacrificial rights or something. So, who's bringing the VIRGINS?
Old 04-22-11, 07:50 AM   #39
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Grills; Yes, the type that are on stands that you use charcoil with.
Good to know Billy, thanks!

Ok, I've been talking with John and we're tossing a few ideas around right now.

We have two choices: 1. You're on your own except friday and saturday night. 2. We since were were cooking Friday and Saturday, but moved the Fish Fry to Friday for the buffet on saturday, we could also have something planned for Thursday.

Personally, I like the second choice as most, if not all, of us will be there Thursday night That said, here's what I was thinking:

Keep it simple, burgers and brats/dogs (since they do have grills). This means we will need people to bring sides; beans, chips, etc. I will gladly bring everything needed to make some delicious Mallen Burgers. (it only seems right to eat a burger invented by one of our members at a get together ).

We will then, like I said earlier, need someone to bring sides. We will also need someone to bring some charcoal and stuff to cook on (I'm a propane grill guy, so I have no clue about charcoal, lol).

Friday Fish Fry:

Obviously, we need to catch fish! We will also be having some boiled craws.

John will be bringing a turkey frier, and I will be bringing a small propane fish fryer. And we will supply our own oil. John and Lisa may be making homemade fries and ice cream, but I'm not sure yet. I'll be bringing the "shut up dogs." We may need some more sides for this... coleslaw? Somebody could buy some shredded cabbage and bring some slaw dressing.

Finally, and we know money is tight right now, but we will probably be collecting some money (probably $6-8 per person) from those who aren't making major contributions (like burgers, brats, buying craws, etc). $8 per person on top of whatever sides or smaller things you bring isn't bad at all for two nights of food (we'll collect less if we decide not to do anything Thursday. If you don't want to participate and don't bring anything, you be charged a hefty "pain in the @ss" fee.

We will also need things like paper plates, plastic utensils, napkins (unless they just use their sleeves down south! ), etc. We will need side dishes for Thursday night if we decide to cook, and we may need like one side or something Friday. We'll need charcoal for the little stand grills.

I believe people are bringing a table or two to serve food from, but remember to bring your own chairs. As far as I know, you'll need to provide your own drinks for the entire time (water, pop, beer, etc.).

So guys, especially anyone not already bringing something, speak up for some of the things needed that I listed above. And let us know what you think about dinner thursday.

Thanks,
BB
Old 04-22-11, 10:21 AM   #40
MississippiBoy

I'll bring the turnip greens, collard greens, armadillo soup, and upside-down possum cake....
Old 04-22-11, 11:14 AM   #41
bassboogieman

All which will be collected - along the way - from the side of the road.
Old 04-22-11, 11:17 AM   #42
WTL

Are we suggesting that people bring the food when they arrive, or would it be better to deputize someone on thursday to drive over to walmart and pick up stuff. It seems unlikely to me that we wont forget something and need to go to the store. There are family dollars in the area.

The grill sounds like the one described at g'ville. It is a primitive tool, but you can grill a few burgers at a time. I think there might be one at each cabin, or it seems like it.
Old 04-22-11, 12:14 PM   #43
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Are we suggesting that people bring the food when they arrive, or would it be better to deputize someone on thursday to drive over to walmart and pick up stuff. It seems unlikely to me that we wont forget something and need to go to the store. There are family dollars in the area.
I think either/or would be fine. Bring your food in a cooler from your house, or go pick it up once you're there...as long as we have it when it's time to start cooking.
Old 04-22-11, 03:18 PM   #44
bassboogieman

I'll be there all week, and will have to do some shopping anyway. I'll be looking for a market in the area, I'll keep an eye open for corn, cole slaw, maybe some tater salad that I can pick up ready made. I'm not in to doing a lot of cooking or food preparation, I'll be concentrating on fishing, but a run to the market on Thursday should not be a problem, if I know what I need. I'm expecting 'bama could give me a shopping list. I have no problem of putting up some cash towards the more expensive items - like meat.
Old 04-22-11, 05:43 PM   #45
BigBassin144

Bruce, don't worry about the actual cooking. If you'll be running to the store, maybe you could grab something there like chips or tater salad from the deli or something. Personally, if we do burgers Thursday, I'll be bringing all the stuff from here since I know I can get everything I need.

I'd still like to know if you guys want to do something on Thursday night so we're not on our own.

BB
Old 04-22-11, 06:58 PM   #46
keithdog

So are we bringing food for two meals now? I'm confused. I know I'm bring beans for the friday night meal.
Old 04-22-11, 08:47 PM   #47
MississippiBoy

It's still up in the air right now, Keith. We're having our fish fry on Friday and going to the lodge's buffet on Saturday. Anthony and John are kicking around the idea of grilling out Thursday night. Originally, we'd not planned on having anything specific that night, but if there's enough people here by then, we might as well eat together, instead of everybody being on their own.
Either way is fine with me, I'm pretty easy to get along with...
Old 04-22-11, 09:51 PM   #48
nofearengineer

I'll bring a couple of packs of beef ribs, but I really don't know how to cook them. I'm sure one of you will volunteer.

They're just sitting in my freezer, staring at me.
Old 04-22-11, 09:56 PM   #49
bamabassman

alrighty, here is what i have so far gang for FRIDAY NIGHT FISH FRY

the lady DICKERSONS; coffee and coffee pot and cups. (you may bring oyur own mugs if oyu want some to take out with you on the water.) they will have enough for everyone that drinks coffee and have cream and suger. if oyu don't like SUGER, bring oyur own sweetner ok? and no i ain't gonna blow kisses in your coffee, hahahaha!!

bryce; the salad.

keith; baked beans (jsut bring the cans keith, enough for around 15 people ok?) and a folding table.

bruce; corn on the cob. (you can get this either there or down here at wally world,lol)

nobass; ENOUGH plates, and utensils and napkins for the dinner. (if you want, bring enough for thrusday AND friday night. kill 2 birds with 1 buzzbait,hehe)

anthony and his dad; shut up dawg mix.

daniel; ? craws?

lisa and i; taters fro french fries and turkey fryer for fish. batter too.
we will also have mustard, mayo and catsup. salt and pepper too.

now i know ya'll probably already know this but i am gonna say it anyway. BRING oyur own chairs.

now....IF we are gonna have burgers and dawgs thrusday night, i say this. EACH BRING WHAT THEY WANT TO EAT. WHETHER IT BE BRATS, BURGERS DAWGS OR WHATEVER. we will bring some polish sausage (we love it ok? lol) and kraut and opion and peppers (saute). chips to go along with it. and i have a bag of charcoal i can bring. and the lighter fluid.

and i know this also goes without saying, but again gona say it. bring oyur own BEVERAGES. whatever oyu are drinking, oyu gotta bring it.

now as far as ICE goes, we can get this daily. there is always a place to buy ice.lol.

am i missing anyone or anything? PLEASE LET ME KNOW OK?

and if ya'll can think of ANYTHING else we need. post it up. i'll update this accordingly.

OOOHHHH, almost forgot. BRING CAMERAS!! i hope some one has a video camera too. would love to have a video topost up for everyone. how bout it bryce, anthony, daniel? ya'll handle this with them new fangled toys ya'll got?

bryce, I CAN COOK DEM RIBS FER YA PAL. BRING THEM ON BUDDY!!!
Old 04-22-11, 10:24 PM   #50
BigBassin144

Ok, since no one has really had much feedback on thursday, I'll make an executive decision and say we're doing dinner, lol.

John, the polish sausage sounds great. Can we move Keith's beans to Thursday since we'll have french fries and corn Friday? Maybe someone else can bring a couple bags of chips so John and Lisa don't have to bring so much?

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.