Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 06-29-06, 04:27 PM   #1
senko
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default tubes

how do you fish them???i seem to not catch fish on "big fish catchers" ie.tubes,jnp,buzzbaits,etc.
Old 06-29-06, 04:34 PM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

ya buy a pack of 3 inch tubes, watermelon punkin seed, and a pack of 1/4 ounce jigs, made for tubes, with no brush guard..slide jig into the tube , starting with the lead head, and insert till fully in the 3 inch tube, press down where the eyelet is and make it come through the 3 inch tube, then tie on your line
Throw it out and slowly lift your rod , dragging it across the bottom, or you can hop or jiggle your rod tip to make it move...most ppl just drag it back slow and stop, then repeat..if you get hung flip your line a few times to make it become unstuck..
You fish it alot like plastics worms or lizards.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-06, 04:39 PM   #3
youngbassman77
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I usually fish them the same way that i fish a plastic worm.. Nice and slow... I either rig them T-rig or i use a jig head... There is probably a lot of other techniques or ways that other people use to fish them, but for me, I mostly fish them like I normally do a Senko, and I get results. Hope this helps.

~YBM
youngbassman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-06, 04:45 PM   #4
Bass Ackwards

Do you push the hook threw or set Texas style
Bass Ackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-06, 05:01 PM   #5
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

you can do both but texas pose it for less weeds
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-06, 06:56 PM   #6
bassking22
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

thisis hilarious but my friend just put a hook throgh the middle of a tube the put on a bobber threw it out 5 mins later pulled out a 3.5 lb bass
Old 06-30-06, 09:14 AM   #7
Mac1

bassking...wacky rigging a tube can be very productive....several articles appeared last year on the technique in general and adding the bobber is working along the lines of float n fly, used quite frequently here in the south. As some tubes are thinner and more supple than others, wacky rigging would probably work better on the thin walled type when it comes to flexability, but any wacky rigged tube would act in an erratic manner and will produce well under a variety of conditions.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-06, 11:18 AM   #8
Bass Ackwards

Wow, I never thought about wacky rigging a tube. That make me realize that you can wacky rig just about any soft plastic. I'm going to see how a Brush Hog wacky rigged, I have a feeling that may induce any suspended fish.
Old 06-30-06, 11:36 AM   #9
Bass Ackwards

Eureka! I think I've had my fishing break through. I've always tried to think like a fish but this may not be the best method for presentation. While it would be important to think like a fish for patterns, I think it would be better to think like pray for presentation.

While I've always tried to mimic pray to MR/MRS Bass I've always done so trying to think like a fish. It seems to me some of the most productive baits are the ones that you throw in and let it act like it does, like most natural pray in accordance with the environment. In other words the more you try to produce erratic behavior the less natural your bait appears.

This may be why Beer and fishing go together so well, the more you drink the less you think and conversely you tend to let nature take it's course.

To sum it up chill out, let nature do it's thing and don't out think yourself.
Old 06-30-06, 01:07 PM   #10
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default tubes

Like all plastics they can be fished many different ways. T-rig them or fish them on jig heads to start with. Then start trying out different methods. 3" or 4" tubes are good to begin with. Depending on the manufacturer the thickness of the tube wall and the diameter of the tube will vary. Some will have a thick head and others will not. You need to check them out at a store or at a show and try different types. Match them to your style of fishing and the types of water you fish. Select a color that you have had success with in the past.

David
3dkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-06, 10:43 PM   #11
I<3LrgMouthsOnMyPole
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to I<3LrgMouthsOnMyPole

how do u put the tubejigheads in with the weedguards without tearing up the tube?
I<3LrgMouthsOnMyPole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-06, 04:20 PM   #12
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Jig heads with weedguards need to backed on to the bait. By this I mean that you have to push the hook point in the head of the tube and continue to slide the bait all the way up and over the jig head leaving the eye and weedguard outside the tube. Sometimes the tube will split or tear open when the jig head slides through. The plastic should expand over the head and then close. Small tear drop heads work better than the bigger round heads.
Old 08-04-06, 08:20 AM   #13
Fishie1

I fish tubes weightless much like a senko or a fluke....twitch them along rip rap and around grass....white with black pepper is a favorite color of mine for this technique...it can be awesome on bass busting shad also....the bait is really eratic if you do this....also you can use tubes to fish grass like you would with a frog...when you get to the holes let the bait sink into them....use a oil scent a lot when you do this so the bait comes through it a lot better....can work better than a frog...saw this technique in a bassin magazine this month but I have been using it for a couple years cause Davy Hite had a article in Bassmaster a couple of years where he fished it this way....use a big hook to get hooksetting power cause you will need it....braid ed line is the way to go if your around the grass!
Fishie1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.