Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-22-06, 09:49 PM   #1
Bamabassin09
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Culprit Fire and Ice

Was told by a man that i should try culprit fire and ice 7.5 inch worms! Fished them several times in waters that i have caught fish in before and havent caught a one! Then i throw a culprit Grape Shad and they tear it up!! what is yalls favorite color worm in about 6 foot of water on the edge of milfoil?? New Member by the way !!
Bamabassin09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-06, 10:28 PM   #2
ToPwAt'R GuY
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Welcome to the board. I like purple or watermellon.
ToPwAt'R GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-06, 10:32 PM   #3
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Welcome to the forum!

Probably watermelon/red flake.
Old 06-22-06, 10:33 PM   #4
nb1226
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to nb1226

Pumpkinseed, natural, black, or green pumpkin
nb1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-06, 10:51 PM   #5
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

my color selection depends on the water, the sky, and the bottom. its usually either watermelon red flake, black, white, pumpkinseed, or purple.
Old 06-22-06, 11:05 PM   #6
zooker

top 3 green pumkin ,watermelon seed red flake,junbug.. in that order i find that most lakes these are good colors..

zooker
Old 06-23-06, 07:19 AM   #7
Mac1
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Using black shad in clearwater, we used to rig the worm upside down with the light gray belly facing up and the black facing down. That way, the fish would see a definite black sillouette from underneath and a brighter worm when swimming even with, or above the worm.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-06, 07:25 AM   #8
JB

I've got about a hundred packs of culprit fire and ice from the early 90's.
They work great in clear water of lake summit , up here in ind.
basically a mix of red and blue glitter in a transparent body..
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-06, 11:46 AM   #9
jordan41
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via MSN to jordan41 Send a message via Yahoo to jordan41

welcome, and i cant say i really fish that deep but i would use about a 7in rattle snake is i was going to fish that deep
Old 06-23-06, 11:56 AM   #10
betursweetbass

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

I believe that folks will naturally want to talk about things that they have had success with. In this case the fire and ice worm worked well for that person. He promotes it because it works for him, and it may for you too in some cases, but in my opinion, it's best to stick to what you feel you have the most confidence in and work that bait until your convinced it's time to make a change, maybe then break out a new color or style.
I like to use basic colors like black, red, white, but I do like the other popular combinations too, like watermelon seed and junebug, and many others.
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-06, 12:32 PM   #11
zooker

bitter sweet
i don't think i have ever seen a fire and ice worm to be honset. if i did it was not called that color..

zooker
Old 06-23-06, 12:49 PM   #12
JB

they are kinda tricky zooker, ya hold them up to the sky and see some red, some transparent, and blue ....heres a pic

JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-06, 01:20 PM   #13
Raul

Was the gentleman in question fishing with fire & ice worms the day he told you ?

People have their personal preferences and when they say you use this color or that color they are only telling you what has worked for them and what they feel confident with, I like red shad, black shad and tequila shad worms and have caught numerous fish with them year in year out for as long as I can remember, my fishing partner swears for margarita grubs and watermelon worms but that doesn´t mean he catches fish all the time on them and neither do I on my personal choices. Many times in a particular lake fish show a marked preference for a certain color but that doesn´t necessarily mean that it will work that well in another lake or won´t work as well in the same lake when conditions are different.

Speaking of fire & ice, I have that color too but it doesn´t produce well in the lake I fish the most, however there´s a pond where it produces very well; some colors that I´ve found that are consistent fish catchers regardless of the lake are green pumpkin, watermelon ( with all sorts of colored flakes ), black shad and tequila shad, those 4 colors produce for me always.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-06, 01:31 PM   #14
KCinAustin
BassFishin.Com Member

I'v used a similar color in really clear lakes around the house in Austin. I found that while fishing milfoil and other vegetation it depends on other circumstances like Rodman Rob mentioned above. I think if it works for you to stick with it. I also find that switching between other types of lures in the same general colors can make a difference because of the rate of the fall and also the vibration or water displacement the lure has when it falls. I just started using a woolybug in watermelon colors on a nearby lake and was a sceptic at first, but it really did the trick flipping it through the vegetation. I think it all boils down to the confidence you have in the lure and what your comfortable presenting to the fish.
KCinAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-06, 01:58 PM   #15
zooker

hmm looks like a red bug color type to me.. any one else agree??

zooker
Old 06-24-06, 05:09 PM   #16
IL.bassin

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
hmm looks like a red bug color type to me.. any one else agree??

zooker
Naw Zooker the fire and Ice is really bright and sparkly. Hell if I was a bass I wouldn't eat it.

Bamabassin. If the water is fairly clear and I'm assuming it is there are alot of good colors and most were mentioned. Greenpunkin, watermelon with all different color flecks, about all of the Zoom shad colors(red, purple, black), the old colors are still good too motoroil, black, purple. Try em till you find one you like.

Welcome to the board.
IL.bassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-06, 05:49 PM   #17
Jackl

BAMABASSIN,
Don't give up your Fire N' Ice, just try it from time to time. You will find a time when that is one of the colors bass hit best. My favorite color is watermellon/chartreuse, but a couple years ago a fishing buddy kicked my butt from the back of the boat using Fire N' Ice. I had never seen them before, but it made a believer out of me.

JackL
Old 06-24-06, 10:28 PM   #18
Hef

Send a message via Yahoo to Hef

I've had luck w/ the fire and ice, but it has it's place in my wormbinder (usually towards the bottom), but it does produce when the conditions are right. My favorites are Tomato and Junebug.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his"
- Gen Patton
Hef is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.