Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-08, 05:11 PM   #1
tnfisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default a thought????

i say it has been done before but ,, has any one ever rigged two worms on one hook ..and if so does it work
tnfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-08, 06:38 PM   #2
pignjig

Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis? Do you mean nose hooking two worms, or something like that.......?
pignjig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-08, 06:46 PM   #3
tnfisherman

i have some zoom u tail worms and there flat on the bottom of them ,i thought of puting the flat side up agiast each other , and texas rigg them
Old 06-18-08, 07:00 PM   #4
Mac10
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Homer Circle suggests using two worms of different colors on the same hook.....sometimes works well on fish wanting something different.
Old 06-18-08, 07:05 PM   #5
pignjig

I bet if you melted them together that would be a pretty unique presentation, T-man. It would have bulk and good action at the tail. It would also move a lot of water. Like Mac10 says, if Homer Circle recommends it, it's probably caught some fish... There used to be a bait called, I believe, a Devil's Tongue that sounds similar but without the tails. You might be on to something! Let us know how she does...

-Pig
Old 06-18-08, 08:28 PM   #6
tnfisherman

i might get to go fishing tomorrow ill let every one know when i get back
Old 06-18-08, 09:21 PM   #7
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pignjig View Post
There used to be a bait called, I believe, a Devil's Tongue that sounds similar but without the tails.

-Pig
The Devil's Tongue is more like a caterpillar or elongated maggot and is a spinoff of the "French Fry" concept made popular in the early days of the Carolina Rig frenzy. The only real difference is that it tapers toward the tail the least bit.
They ought still to be available...I've some and use them on a dropshot now and then.

Lancer6
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-08, 09:58 PM   #8
GorillaWarfare

I like melting/gluing 2 trick worms together. That way they are heavy enough to skip under docks on a baitcaster
GorillaWarfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-08, 10:39 PM   #9
pignjig

L6- It's been a few years since I used one. I didn't know they were still around! Didn't they have a slight depression down the middle on top and were fairly flat on the bottom? Possibly, in my mind, that was what I was picturing two U-tails melted horizintally would look like. Except for the flat side, of course. I'd better stop...writing about horizontally melted tails could get me in too much trouble.

-Pig
Old 06-18-08, 10:48 PM   #10
bothomas

If you guys want to get into all that maybe you should start pouring your own worms. I like to modify and try different stuff as much as the next guy, but when you start gluing 2 complete worms together it might be time to make a mold. If they catch fish you better be prepared to make enough to share!
bothomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-08, 10:54 PM   #11
tnfisherman

i got a hole pack of them lol
Old 06-18-08, 10:57 PM   #12
bothomas

I prefer watermelon with red flake.... got any in stock??? lol Don't make me wait on backorder!
Old 06-18-08, 10:57 PM   #13
pignjig

You're not far off, bothomas. I've been cutting, slicing, melting and glueing baits together for way too long. It just might be time to get that mold! If Zell Rowland can splice two grub tails on the end of a lizard and make it work, I can create a bait, too. Except, of course, I'm not a highly successful professional tournament angler with thirty years experience... Other than that, it's mold time, man!

I wonder if melted, handpoured plastic sticks to hooves?

-Pig
Old 06-18-08, 11:00 PM   #14
bothomas

hey those zellamanders are one of my favorite baits. I never let myself run out. You make something as good as those and I'll be your #1 customer!!
Old 06-18-08, 11:08 PM   #15
pignjig

Mine, too, Bro. Subcooling. They've got great action on topwater or weighted. I do, however, have one "creation" I haven't seen in any store or catalog that I will transfer to the minions... cut the noses off of two 3" white grubs and melt them together with the tails in the same direction. try to match the diameters when splicing. Slap a lead head on it wacky-wise and voila! Very simple but I've found it pretty useful when fishing deep for smallies in cold water.
Old 06-18-08, 11:16 PM   #16
bothomas

subcooling? Is that what happens when you put too much antifreeze in it? I know superheat is when you use too much gas or propane, but I've never heard of subcooling. All I know is my house is 1500 sqft and I'm gonna get one of them 5 tons soz i be real cool!!
Old 06-18-08, 11:26 PM   #17
pignjig

HA! 28 SEER propolyne/freezone mix! An' it's gotta be Honeywell 'cause thass what my thermostat says I got and it's lasted mor'n 20 years! Why can't you come out and bill me later? This thing's been out for 5 days and I got company coming over tonight!!!

aaaahhhhhh...If it wasn't for accountants, electricians, plumbers and HVAC techs we'd all be broke, walkin' around in the dark, up to our a$$es in a bunch of hot shizzle.
Old 06-19-08, 01:37 AM   #18
Lancer6

Once upon a time, in a place far away....

A buddy stated he wished the lure makers could come up with a large worm in Coral Snake! Y'see, he'd been at Calaveras, a once wonderful bass lake, now a nasty ruin and maneuver area for the Armada de Meh-hee-ko, and he'd seen a Coral blasted by a large bass as the reptile attempted to cross Calaveras Creek, near the Foster Road Bridge.
Ever the eager inventor, I set to work; Slicing 'n dicing, mixing dyes and cooking, "soldering" segments of different-colored worms together, and so on, until I'd created a pretty close approximation of a Coral Snake.
When he saw the finished product he "placed an order" for two dozen or so. Oh, and he needed them the next day...at 0500.
All through the wee hours I labored, repeating "Red on Yellow, Kills a fellow" as I made them one at a laborious time. The place smelled, the GF yelled, but the project jelled.
He actually caught some bass, and some nice ones at that, on the deadly-looking 12" concoctions.
As a condition for filling his order, I'd made him promise to tell no one where he'd gotten them. Now, twenty years later, the tale may be told.

Lancer6
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-08, 11:43 AM   #19
tnfisherman

im hopfully trying it out today let every one know if it works
Old 06-19-08, 12:18 PM   #20
Captmikestarrett

I use two BKD's on the same line all the time. But I also use two hooks and space them a foot apart.

Totally deadly..

Capt Mike
Old 06-19-08, 12:29 PM   #21
tnfisherman

i have have used two of them before like your a saying ,,
Old 06-19-08, 09:23 PM   #22
lowrider

yes captn,

i do too. call it "donkey rigging"
-slide a hook on your line
-tie on a swivel
-tie on another line (1 to 1.5 ft)
-tie on another hook
-put on plastics
-now ur are donkey rigging
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-08, 11:02 PM   #23
Jim80

super glue one thousand and ten uses and counting , i have also run baits tandem but
have yet put two worms on one hook .
Old 06-22-08, 06:06 PM   #24
tnfisherman

i never got to puting two worms one , i had a senkco on and caught like 50 bass in two days , i got a pic of a 4 pound that i caught when fishing right behind a guy who had just moved of them trees , i put it on here soon
Old 06-22-08, 06:30 PM   #25
Fishbear

Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbear

I have taken two worms and glued them together like a cross so I could rig it wacky style and still be weedless. Works great, and it gives it some real diff. action, works for me anyway.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.