Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 03-01-07, 07:02 PM   #1
WIbassfisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default New Lines

Anyone in the Southern/Open Water states tried the new lines from P-Line? Interested in the Evolution, etc. I fish Fluroclear and really like it for certain applications.
Old 03-01-07, 07:55 PM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I just bought the Evolution line but havn't used it yet. Here in northern Indiana, the lakes are still iced over. I'll let you know how I like it after a few trips out with it. Question for you. How is the memory of fluroclear? I'm interrested in trying that one.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-07, 10:24 AM   #3
WIbassfisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Fluroclear has low memory. It is much better than Vanish or Vanish Transition in my opinion. I use it on my baitcasters early in the year and I've never had problems with it. I does develop memory if you put it on a rod and don't use it for awhile as most lines do. I won't leave it on a rod for more than 4-5 months either. It will become brittle if you use the line in the water and then let it sit on your deck in the sun without throwing it. Just pull off about 4 feet of line and retie and you're fine. I like that it doesn't absorb water throughout the day as well.

Summer is a great time to use it on the Southeastern WI clear lakes as well. Works well crankbaiting deep summer water as you'll get down quicker and deeper in the strike zone with deep diving cranks.

I'm sure in IN you'll have ice out before we will here in WI. Let me know. There's about 5 weeks until prefishing for the first tourney starts up here. Counting the days...are you?
Old 03-04-07, 04:05 AM   #4
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I've got Evolution spooled onto my Curado D at this time and so far I like it. I think however, it will develop memory.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.