Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 08-11-12, 02:41 AM   #1
82p05md8pj

Default mulberry replica outlet mulberry replica outlet 20

mulberry replica outlet[/url]
Old 08-11-12, 10:48 AM   #2
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

SPAM - seen and reported.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12, 11:17 AM   #3
aikenyounggun

reported spam
Old 08-11-12, 05:14 PM   #4
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

They need to set something up like some other forums have, five reports and it's gone, automatically.
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12, 05:37 PM   #5
bassboogieman

Not a bad idea, but that could be abused - remember certain individuals that post here are not well thought of. Even I (not thinking very much of him) would not like to see his posts disappear because a few guys may gang up and delete his post within minutes of seeing it. He has a right to say or post here like anyone else, we don't have to like it, agree with it, OR READ IT and until he may be banned by the owner, no one can deny him the prividleges we others enjoy. The other issue would be, no one would know who was doing the "reporting", it is anonymous so there would be no documentaion of "abuse" of the reporting icon.

If Kevin isn't going to regulary check and police this site, then perhaps a moderator or two should be given some authority (I wouldn't include banning anyone in that, it should remain the owner's decision for such drastic action) to block spammers, control certain aspects of a discussion that gets out of control, like locking the thread or actual deletion of it. An un-regulated forum is only as good as the people in it, and it can (has sometimes) get out of hand. This website is unique in that it has no moderators, I don't think that is wise, when the owner takes an extended absense.

There was a suggestion - shocked the crap out of me - when the Chineese spammer hit and we could not find Kevin, that we abandon BF.com and go to another site. There is too much good stuff here to pick up and leave - In My Opinion - because this is a GOOD place to visit. Personally, I have made several friends, good friends, because I found this site and it holds some "sentimental" value because of that. I don't want to see it fail and all it needs is some control - whether it's Kevin keeping a closer check on what is going on here, or a couple moderators - and it will continue to prosper and we can all continue to enjoy it.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12, 06:44 PM   #6
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Not a bad idea, but that could be abused - remember certain individuals that post here are not well thought of. Even I (not thinking very much of him) would not like to see his posts disappear because a few guys may gang up and delete his post within minutes of seeing it. He has a right to say or post here like anyone else, we don't have to like it, agree with it, OR READ IT and until he may be banned by the owner, no one can deny him the prividleges we others enjoy. The other issue would be, no one would know who was doing the "reporting", it is anonymous so there would be no documentaion of "abuse" of the reporting icon.

If Kevin isn't going to regulary check and police this site, then perhaps a moderator or two should be given some authority (I wouldn't include banning anyone in that, it should remain the owner's decision for such drastic action) to block spammers, control certain aspects of a discussion that gets out of control, like locking the thread or actual deletion of it. An un-regulated forum is only as good as the people in it, and it can (has sometimes) get out of hand. This website is unique in that it has no moderators, I don't think that is wise, when the owner takes an extended absense.

There was a suggestion - shocked the crap out of me - when the Chineese spammer hit and we could not find Kevin, that we abandon BF.com and go to another site. There is too much good stuff here to pick up and leave - In My Opinion - because this is a GOOD place to visit. Personally, I have made several friends, good friends, because I found this site and it holds some "sentimental" value because of that. I don't want to see it fail and all it needs is some control - whether it's Kevin keeping a closer check on what is going on here, or a couple moderators - and it will continue to prosper and we can all continue to enjoy it.
I agree with you on every count. I hope that Kevin will keep a closer eye on things and we won't have to worry about this anymore. As far as "he who shall remain nameless" goes, he's on my ignore list and he has the same right to be here as I do.

This forum is my "home" and I too have made some close friends here. My biggest fear was that Kevin had walked away and it would no longer exist, it was important to me that we all had another meeting place. Since that is not the case, no need to worry about moving as far as I am concerned.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.