Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-09, 09:04 PM   #1
Wishing2BFishing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Search for discontinued soft plastic

My favorite color tube was discontinued. I have searched and searched to replace it and the best I could do was find one pack at some tackle shop in Canada. I ended up paying more for the delivery than the pack of tubes.

So, I must ask . . . does anyone have 4.5" Strike King Flippin' tubes in baby bass color (1/2 white and 1/2 lime green). I will gladly trade or purchase them from you.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-09, 09:14 PM   #2
Fishing Fanatic
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Have you tried ebay? I've found lots of stuff on there that you can't find anywhere else.
Fishing Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-09, 09:18 PM   #3
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

While I can't help you find those Strike King tubes, I can help you get a really close color and product. Try getting in touch with John @ Bearpaws Custom baits. He'll make whatever you want for a excellent and competitive price, and you don't have to order in bulk. Check out the site for more info. http://www.bearpawshandpouredbaits.com/
Old 02-03-09, 09:37 PM   #4
bassboogieman

Can't help you with discontinued lures. But move on to another that is still in production. Reaction Innovation - make some great plastics. This tube is similiar, possibly better. Check the link provided.
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descp...TS-RSTJR.html#
Baby bass color is first row, second from left. 4", 5" or 6"
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-09, 09:41 PM   #5
rangerryan

ive got some ill take 50.00 bucks per bag.
rangerryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-09, 09:42 PM   #6
rangerryan

JK.... but i might ill have to take a look and get back with you.
rangerryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-09, 11:40 PM   #7
bassinbob

There is a fishing store near me that has some old Strike King products. I ordered some 1 oz. spinnerbaits from them and when they come in I will check for you.
Old 02-04-09, 12:07 AM   #8
BassBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing2BFishing View Post
So, I must ask . . . does anyone have 4.5" Strike King Flippin' tubes in baby bass color (1/2 white and 1/2 lime green
I checked Strike King catalog and don't see in these color. Don't think "Natural Goby" is what your looking for but its close. Its half green pumpkin & half white, I think...under Tube Technology http://www.strikeking.com/catalog/2009/catalog.html

I'll keep searching.
Old 02-04-09, 12:13 AM   #9
S4il

Why not make them yourself?

Here is what i did, I grabbed a dozen Gander Mt. brand 3" and 4" tubes from the 2.00 bin in the middle of the isle in ghost white with No flake, and a off colored light gray, with some silver flake, the all white ones i took home and washed all the salt off the bait, After i used a hairdryer to dry them off, Enough so they get nice and Hot in your hand from the hair dyer heat, Seconds after getting them Nice and Heated up, I immediately place them in One of the Lure holding slots of a old plano Multi layer tackle box.

You know the ones that Fan out when you pull the top drawer, the other Two drawers under it are attached? 3 in all on each side... Im sure you know what I'm talking about...

So i have 3 drawers on EACH side, a total of 6. cause they fold out from the center of the box when you Open it up.

Each Drawer has 10 Lure Slots, And each drawer from one side to the other is Filled with a colored Dye, Not the whole tray!! but just enough to Color the side of the tube thats facing DOWN in the tray, let that sit overnight, next day take out the Tube, wash it under some warm water to get all the extra dye out, and you have a 1/2 white 1/2 green, Purple, Orange, Brown, Any color Dye you put in, and i can dye 10 of em the same color at one time, SIX different colors, 10 tubes at a time! almost the whole package... You do the math!

All white or gray tubes that you paid 2.00 for, You can make 1/2 and 1/2
OR you can fill the whole tray that with color dye, Slip a sinker inside the Tube to weight it down, and Re-color the whole thing, You can even get really sick with ideas (like me) and put scotch tape around the Tubes Legs, Cover em up really good, Other tape might works also, and just Dip the Tube body in the dye, leaving the legs of the tube white, than after the Tube body is the color you want, Do the same to the legs but in a different color.

I've done this for about 6 months now, and gander mt. can not keep the white, and gray tubes in Stock, cause i keep buying them all out, for 20.00 I can make 144 different Tube color combinations, I might make the first pack All brown, the 2nd pack Only half the tube Baby blue, and the belly stays white, or smoke gray tube body with Electric Blue Dye on the legs, The possibilities are endless.
Old 02-04-09, 08:45 PM   #10
Wishing2BFishing

bassinbob,

I appreciate you looking for me. If they have these tubes, please let me know.

S4il,
I might just need to give your tube dying technique a try if I can't find what I am looking for.

Boogieman,
I still don't see the exact color that I am looking for.

Everyone,
I appreciate your help very much.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.