Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 08-22-08, 12:15 PM   #26
Bmuskin
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
I generally don't like reading opinions. But after reading about the megaforce MF100. I started to see the same problem that various fishermen were having. Many seam to have this problem only after a couple of cast. Why would Diawa sell a reel that falls apart in 2 or 3 cast of taking out of the box. No matter how Cheap somthing is that'z it should last longer than a couple of cast. Here is the reel i was Quoting. http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...00-1-1#reviews My opinon is if your on a budget get a 33. It'll last loger than this thing.
Wow I have had none of these problems. I do agree that the drag needs to be able to tighten better, but have had none of those issues. Been using it at least once w week since May and have caught at least 75 bass on it most small but to over 6 and 1 over 5 no issues yet, however I spray it down with reelmagic often. Maybe tahts why I had good luck. I did have a Pflueger Criterion and had to take it back to Dicks and exchange it recently.
Bmuskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-08, 12:35 PM   #27
jmartin
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I was a little skeptical about the reel when I bought it, however I have had great results with it and wondered if anyone else had. Thanks for all the imput. I paired mine up with a 6 foot bionic med/fast rod and run 15 pound P-line. I am all about putting my money in the rod and going a little less on the reel. I have Quantumn, Abu Garcia, Penn, Pflueger,Browning and now Diawa they all have there place. As for checking feedback on a product I take that as a grain of salt for the most part, because everyone has different opinions on a product I am not expecting the world out of a 60.00 dollar reel had I paid several hundred for it that would be a different story.

happy fishing,

Jerry
jmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-08, 01:29 PM   #28
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Well put L6 my other reels are 6:1 and a 6:3 gear ratio and the winch was looking to be better suited for most cranking appilications but I have still yet to make up my mind I'm starting to lean a little farther towards getting a reel that is more of a all around then a specialized reel but the winch is still high on the list, I'm just trying to make the right choice since it will prob be the only one I get for a while .
Old 08-24-08, 10:37 AM   #29
revrat
BassFishin.Com Member

I got a Viento as a gift a couple years ago, and thought I had no use for the twitchin bar, but then I found myself using it more and more. Mostly for taking up slack, but then I found it to be absolutely awesome in the dead of winter. I could keep a tight line, and maintain feel of my jig in the cold and still keep one hand in my pocket with my handwarmer. Keeping your hands warm on cold tournament days really goes a long way to make the day more enjoyable.

The only gripe I have about my reel was that after two years, a couple bearings have gotten some rust on them making them run real rough. I broke it down and cleaned and lubed best I could, and it ran better for a couple trips, but still needs something. It currently is sitting on my bench in the garage waiting to be sent off for new bearings before winter gets here.

I won't mess with the Megaforce, simply because of it's graphite frame.
revrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 08:08 PM   #30
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Exclamation

Here come de judge! Here come de judge!

ALL RISE, AWRIGHT?

Ummmmmmm...Has de jury reached a verdict. In other words, does you or does you not know de wheat from de chaff?

We does...errr...we has, yo honnah!

Well, den, git on widdit!

We'uns of dis hyar jury find the Daiwa Viento to be a fine, useful, and well-made tool.

Case closed! I orders all dose who done dissed de Vee-en-to to be confined on bread, cheap scotch laced with Kick 'n Bass Crawdad Formula, and Ex-Lax for a term of not less than ten, nor mo' dan one hunnert, yeahs. Bailiff! Take de sorry rascals away!

Dat be all.
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.