Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-12, 07:47 AM   #11
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
I was just listening to the radio today and they were talking about this subject and pointed out that a very similar attack just occured last week in China. A guy who was convinced the end of the world was near killed his neighbor lady with a knife, and went to the elementary school and stabbed over 20 young children. How many died I don't know. If your demented, you'll find a way. I can deal with banning high capacity clips, but thats about it. You don't need a 30 round clip to hunt with. But an AR15 semi auto works just the same as any other semi auto hunting rifle.
What I think your going to see is a greater amount of attention to getting care for those who have mental illnesses. Not so much gun control. Thats the biggest issue in this arena. The stigma against mental illness sickens me, and is a very hard issue for society to deal with. You can have any sort of physical illness and everyone accepts it and is glad to see you get the needed care. However, if one is bipoler or has any other mental illness that makes life in public difficult at best, people say, get your act together! Tighten your boot straps and get moving. The fact is, people with these problems simply cant "get it together" without help. And ignoring this is inviting tragedy. As a society, we can no longer keep looking the other way and wanting those with mental illness to just go away. They are here, and if they don't get the help they need, the drugs that can control their issues, then tragedies such as what happened in Conn. will continue.

No children died, in the attack in China. Seconds count, so having to change clips would make a difference. A 6 yr old shot 11 times with the 5.56 would be pretty horrific. Anyone with tactical handgun tactics would tell you that there is more to personal combat then just carrying a gun. We all know the Assault Weapons Ban was BS, anyone familiar with guns and the aftermarket knows we could always get what ever we wanted. Last, I am a gun owner, hunter, and father of a 5 and 9 yr old. I would never give up my rights to my guns, but really, you NEED an AR or AK w/high capacity mags? The solutions aren't in gun/ammo control, mental healthcare, arming teachers, body armor for our children, but in personal decision to change, to be a part of the change that is needed in turning our culture away from guns and violence.
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.