Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-08, 10:56 PM   #1
crankitup
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Great Opportunity!! Fish Deep!!

So I am going out with a fishing guide in the morning. We are going to focus on top water bites for the first hour and after that I told him I wanted to learn how to pull fish from deep structure. He has been fishing the same lake for 27 years and said that he typically gets between 20-30 bass on each outing. I'm excited!! So what questions if any do you have and I will ask him and let you know his response?? I will also note all the conditions we are fishing to better serve Addiction! My main goal is learning techniques, baits, and patterns for fishing deep structure. This is a great opportunity for all I assume so bring on the questions!
crankitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-08, 11:19 PM   #2
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

is the guide you are going with on one of the lake you normally fish ? Off the top of my head i can't think of any questions but good luck with the trip i hope it turns out to be very informational for man
Old 07-09-08, 11:23 PM   #3
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sounds like a very good learning experience. And a great time to boot. My question for him would be how he approaches those days when there isn't a cloud in the sky? Nothing but bright bluebird skies?
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-08, 11:27 PM   #4
Jim80

hey crank don't be afraid to take a pad a pen with ya to take notes , i know alot of guys keep a journal of sorts on spots weather and what bait was used on a given day and i do the same kinda helps to have the info at your finger tips sometimes
Old 07-10-08, 12:14 AM   #5
Bender

Just try to learn as much as you can, and pay attention to all the details like how he works the rod on the retrieve, etc. Have fun!
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-08, 01:20 AM   #6
BassMoJo
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to BassMoJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim80 View Post
hey crank don't be afraid to take a pad a pen with ya to take notes , i know alot of guys keep a journal of sorts on spots weather and what bait was used on a given day and i do the same kinda helps to have the info at your finger tips sometimes
Good tip, My fishing partner and I always keep a record with every decent fish that we catch. We just started it this spring and next spring im sure it well be very helpful. We will know info that we may have forgot about patterns the fish are on. Check it out! Its not up to date we wait til we fill up a speardsheet of 30 fish before we post them online.

http://www.geocities.com/sk8elewood61/2008season.html
Old 07-10-08, 01:23 AM   #7
carolina-rig-01

i have a buddy that is a guide here on table rock. it's great being that close to that kind of information. i can call him anytime and he will give me all the information and details i want but there is still nothing like being in the boat with him and watching how he does things. you will have a great time!
Old 07-10-08, 01:26 AM   #8
BassMoJo
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to BassMoJo

My spread sheet is the first on the page "Finny". Few pictures with sum of the fish too.
Old 07-10-08, 05:34 AM   #9
crankitup
BassFishin.Com Member

Spreadsheet looks great man. I will gather all the information I can and definitly pass on everything and let you decide if it is useful. As for you question Keithdog I will get that one answered. Well gotta go.
crankitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-08, 09:34 AM   #10
Fishnngolfn

Bring a notebook and make sure you keep it dry. Nothing worse than taking a bunch of notes only to be unable to read them to do the ink bleeding after it gets wet.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-08, 09:36 PM   #11
Rebbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnngolfn View Post
Bring a notebook and make sure you keep it dry. Nothing worse than taking a bunch of notes only to be unable to read them to do the ink bleeding after it gets wet.

Better solution: I use a small digital recorder so I don't have to take time to write a note. If you don't have one see if your cell phone has a memo function. If so you can do the same thing.

Crank, let us know how it goes.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.