Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 03-04-10, 12:09 AM   #1
Shake n' Bake
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Storing/Organizing soft baits

Hey guys if your like me you have a ton of different soft baits. As of right now I'm storing mine in the original packs split up into zip lock freezer bags. Each freezer bag has a type of bait i.e. one bag for worms one for frogs, you get the idea. This is kind of a pain to sort through on the water. How do you all organize and store your soft baits?
Shake n' Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 12:25 AM   #2
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I've been trying to figure this out too. I have an Easy View in the boat but it only holds so many bags. At the end of last year I had so many freezer bags all over the place that it was too hard to keep up with. I'm thinking about trying some of the hard plastic storage containers from the dollar store and putting things like grubs in one, pacas in another, etc. I don't know if I'll have room for all that but I'm going to try.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 12:48 AM   #3
BeaverIslander
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I use the larger, clear Plano utility tackle boxes full of plastics that are split up by type and general color. I usually put only half a pack of each lure in the box and keep the original pack at home for future use. I have one box for Senkos, craws and trailers, tubes, flukes, and worms.

It works better than a backpack of soft plastic packs, which is what I used to have. The tough part is keeping them dry and free from condensation so that the salts and scents don't run or degrade.
BeaverIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 01:09 AM   #4
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I use something similar to this:

The ones I use have a plastic window on the outside that I can put a label in so I know at a glance what they contain. Sometimes I have to do a little digging, but it beats unzipping every bag to see what is in it. I keep my soft plastics, jigs, spinnerbaits-pretty much everything that doesn't have treble hooks in them.
Old 03-04-10, 01:55 AM   #5
Jrob78

I use these replacement divider sleeves and carry them in the top section of this backpack. All plastics kept in original packaging.

Last edited by Jrob78; 03-04-10 at 10:10 AM.
Jrob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 08:06 AM   #6
basstech

I use the 1 and 2 gal freezer bags to keep the styles seperate, and load plano 3700 boxes with what I think I'll need based on the season and the recent water conditions I'll be facing. I leave the freezer bags at home.
Old 03-04-10, 08:12 AM   #7
keithdog

I'm thinking about buying a soft tackle bag that holds Plano 3700 boxes with dividers and then putting the soft plastics into the 3700 boxes, sorted by type. The outter pockets on the tackle bag I'm looking at will easily hold the smaller boxes I have my weights, hooks and other plastic related items in. I too am tired of the whole zip lock things. I've done it for years and it get to be a mess and often hard to locate exactly what I want quickly.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 09:00 AM   #8
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

SnB, I do exactly what you have said. I've got all my plastics sorted by type into large freezer bags (all in original packaging). Then all of these are thrown into a tackle bag that didn't come with hard boxes. You can get one at BPS w/o the plano/BPS 3600 or 3700 boxes.

BB
Old 03-04-10, 09:14 AM   #9
basstastic
BassFishin.Com Member

I just got my first worm binder the other day so i'm going to try that this year. But before then i kept all my plastics in original package sorted in totes. I put several different plastics is several different colors in my tackle bag before i go out.
basstastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 09:31 AM   #10
BassinNC
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I use a bps worm binder in I love it.
Old 03-04-10, 02:49 PM   #11
MO3N

I do not own one.....Because I can not find a place that sells them. But I was thinking that THIS would be a good way of storing plastics. It is pretty much a hard tackle box but only has two large section that fit either the stock plastic bag or ziplocks. If i can not find any of those. then I'm going to get a soft plastic binder.
MO3N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 03:53 PM   #12
bassboogieman

Right now I trying six-pack vinyl coolers. I have 3 and they carry Senkos, worms and my finesse worms. THEY ARE PACKED, but have an expandable top so if I buy more I think I can cram them in. The ones I found have a net pocket on each end and a flap pocket on the front. I carry all the terminal tackle associated with these baits in those pockets. If I fish Senko's all the hooks, wacky rings, etc are in that bag, so I'm only pulling one bag out of the storage compartment. Same for worms and finesse plastics. Other plastics like creature baits are in a deep Plano box with the associated terminal tackle. Spinnerbait & jug trailers I carry in a worm binder. I'm trying to avoid digging for several boxes for a bait, hook, sinker when rigging up.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 04:25 PM   #13
CMorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverIslander View Post
I use the larger, clear Plano utility tackle boxes full of plastics that are split up by type and general color. I usually put only half a pack of each lure in the box and keep the original pack at home for future use. I have one box for Senkos, craws and trailers, tubes, flukes, and worms.

It works better than a backpack of soft plastic packs, which is what I used to have. The tough part is keeping them dry and free from condensation so that the salts and scents don't run or degrade.
I do the same thing. I wrote on the handle whats in each one , and I have a box they all fit into well. When I go fishing I just grab the ones I think I will need ( and end up wishing I had the other ones ) and put them in the boat.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 07:41 PM   #14
MIbasser

I also use the large Plano box. Here is what one looks like. I also use these http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...o&merchID=4005 for my senkos's, beaver's and brush hogs.
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 03:22 PM   #15
Rolling Tide
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I've been trying to figure this out too. I have an Easy View in the boat but it only holds so many bags. At the end of last year I had so many freezer bags all over the place that it was too hard to keep up with. I'm thinking about trying some of the hard plastic storage containers from the dollar store and putting things like grubs in one, pacas in another, etc. I don't know if I'll have room for all that but I'm going to try.

I love my easy view storage in my boat. I get to where I am going to fish pop the top open and everything is just hanging nice and neat. You cant beat it.
Rolling Tide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 07:45 PM   #16
bassassasin
BassFishin.Com Member

I don't have a boat but I use a bps 370 size box, split it up into seperate compartments, and put the worms into these compartments.Yes the boxes are worm proof,and they keep salt and scent in too!

(sorry couldn't get pic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
I'm thinking about buying a soft tackle bag that holds Plano 3700 boxes with dividers and then putting the soft plastics into the 3700 boxes, sorted by type. The outter pockets on the tackle bag I'm looking at will easily hold the smaller boxes I have my weights, hooks and other plastic related items in. I too am tired of the whole zip lock things. I've done it for years and it get to be a mess and often hard to locate exactly what I want quickly.

Keith,get a 3600 bag and put your plastics into the 3600 boxes.Or 3700
Old 03-08-10, 02:09 AM   #17
dethTr0ll
BassFishin.Com Member

I put all mine in a rubbermade bin. diffrent bins for diffrent baits but there starting to build up now and i'm runnin out of space for all the bins.
dethTr0ll is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.