Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 02-06-06, 08:56 PM   #26
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Welcome BTL to the Bassaholics site, where lots of money is spent on tackle, and lot's of crap can be found at any given time. hehehe Glad to see you have some ggod taste in reels too, right PNJ

Lizards
Old 02-06-06, 09:09 PM   #27
Buzzking
BassFishin.Com Member

I was throwing it into the wind today and had very little trouble with backlashes,I had to play with it for just a little while to make sure it was set right, I was throwing a 1/4 oz spinnerbait into about a 12mph wind and had the reel set on 1.5, to make a longer cast I would just click it one time to the #2 setting and had no trouble once I figured that out, I like it alot. I wish they would of had a curado for me to try out but I'm still plenty happy with what I got. It fits me well and its small profile makes it very comfortable to hold. If I still like it as much at the end of the month I'll probably get 2 more.
Buzzking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-06, 09:50 PM   #28
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I own about 8 C3 and C4 Ambassadors. 4 or 5 Diawas and 15 Shimano level wind reels. Some of the Shamanos are as old as 15 . I have never had a mechanical failure on a shamano casting or spinning. I also ahve a1.2 dozen shimano spinning reels.The Ambassadors have been very good, The diawas OK, The shimano reels are bullett proof.Fish2win
Old 02-07-06, 11:30 AM   #29
bassintxlady
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

i'm really glad to hear that you've had no problem with your viento....i myself found it not to measure up to what i needed....so i went with the best and that of course is shimano.....all i own is made by them...so i should've known better than to venture off the standard....lesson learned for certain...hope you catch alot of fish with your viento though....
Old 02-07-06, 04:46 PM   #30
Buzzking
BassFishin.Com Member

Oh, I hope so too. In my opinion, its the best reel I'v ever owned. I hope you enjoy your new one also.

PHIL G.
Buzzking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-06, 04:48 PM   #31
bassnman30
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I see that you didn't try a Quantum Energy Series. Maybe next time.
Old 02-08-06, 08:49 AM   #32
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Pflueger President has been my reel of preference. The price is good, and they have held up very well the last two years for me. The President is very smooth, free spool is very good and so is the drag. The only drawback for me was trying to throw light baits with these reels, you need to really pay attention to thumb pressure, the spool is so free spinning baits would be in the water and the spool still had plenty of inertia. Backlashing could be a problem at first, it's takes a little practice. Heavier baits you can throw a long way, and they pull line off the reel (overcomming spool inertia) much better than light plastic baits. The new Supreme may be the answer to the "problem" with the President. I have just purchased two and await their arrival. The magnetic spool brake should allow proper adjustments/compensation when using light plastics or in windy conditions. If interested in Pflueger reels check ebay, the President can be had for about $114.00 ($139.00 retail) and I got the Supremes for $139.00 ($169.00 retail). Shipping should be around $6.00.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-06, 03:41 PM   #33
Hef
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Hef

I new better than to stray away from Quantum. Everything else I pick up feels like garbage. The viento felt nice, but I just don't think it's practical and that "twitchin bar" has to prove its durability to me.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his"
- Gen Patton
Hef is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.