Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 08-25-04, 05:03 PM   #26
dave47
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to dave47
Default Re: Florida Fishing

Just in case some want a more specific suggestion. Fish the city of Sunrise, west of 64th Avenue. An especially good place is the man made canal system in and around the "Sunrise Lakes" retirement community.

Be careful though, those old retired New Yorkers occasionally throw stale bagels at visiting fishermen ;D.

Senior

dave47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-04, 10:39 PM   #27
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman
Default Re: Florida Fishing

CULPRITS,

That is probably why Barney and Gomer ran you off, you probably looked like a stale bagel thief to them.

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-06, 12:56 PM   #28
molunkeringa
BassFishin.Com Member

Default fishing in florida

have a trip this weekend on st.johns around palatka, in and around the rodman canal.anybody have any ideas on what the bass are hitting on.
molunkeringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-06, 03:56 PM   #29
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by molunkeringa
have a trip this weekend on st.johns around palatka, in and around the rodman canal.anybody have any ideas on what the bass are hitting on.
Are you fishing the BFL If so I'll be seeing you there

Lizards
Old 02-06-06, 06:18 PM   #30
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Since I'm going as a non-boater for the tourney(no idea who I'll be partnered with or where he'll go) I can share this info I found.

This is a excerpt from "AFALCONGUIDE" in a Book Called Fishing Florida.

C.C. Corey, a veteran guide who specializes in fishing the St Johns River says fishing for LM Bass isn't that complicated. "It has basic needs and reacts accordingly" Based on that he follows a definate pattern when looking for this famous gamefish. " In February and March, when the fish are spawning, fish the shallow coves along the river. Look for eelgrass beds because that's the fishes favorite spawning bed. When the fronts come through move out to slightly deeper water". This was an older publication 1995, so it could be different, but I believe they fish are if not on beds, real close, so it would be a good place to start. Also if you go to www.flwoutdoors.com you can go and take a look at the tourney the BFL fished in 2005 in February(Seminole Division) and see what they used to catch the winning fish. Pretty much it was Craw style baits, and Flukes. Hope this helps, and if we are fishing against one another good fishing, just not better than me LOL.

Lizards
Old 02-07-06, 12:52 PM   #31
molunkeringa
BassFishin.Com Member

Default floridas st.johns river

will be down there on the 11 and 12 of feb. around palatka anyone have any ideas on what the bass are hittin on. and has anybody tried the centrifugal baitcasters how do they compare to the magnetic braking.
thanks
molunkeringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-06, 12:14 AM   #32
flfireman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Not to be a a@#hole here. If you all have noticed Fl canals, ponds,heck even retention ponds can and do hold quality bass. I would recommend buying a detailed local map of where you are staying and start looking for bodies of water. I actually have fished canals and even retention ponds on the sides of the interstates and caught bass. So all the floridians telling you to fish these canals and so forth aren't blowing smoke up your butt, most of us at one time or another probably started fishing in the same places we are telling you about. Right now ratltraps,senko type plastics, flukes, spinners are all working pretty good, mostly dependent upon the temps.
Old 02-15-06, 08:28 PM   #33
REDBULLCUBAN
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to REDBULLCUBAN

Alligator Alley was good, went 2 weekends ago, going again this weekend on saturday, stopped on south rest area with ramp and trolled south.
Old 03-16-06, 08:24 PM   #34
FLFEDANGLER
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Fishing in the Panhandle (Gulf Coast)

There is a ton of great fishing in the Florida Panhandle. Most of the fishing in this area is Apalatchacola River System, which starts where Lake Seminole ends and runs to Apalatchacola Bay (100 miles plus) as well as Lake Seminole (Florida side). Local to Panama City is Deerpoint Lake which in the last month has given up a 13, 2 @ 11, and a few 6-8 pounders. I run the Deerpoint Lake Team Trail and every month it takes 15 plus to win it. But right now it's spring and that always better. I have a web site, www.AroundTheTournamentTrail.com that you can look at to see alot of the great catches in this area. I hope it's ok to post it. If not, someone let me know. Have a good one.
FLFEDANGLER is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.