Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 02-25-09, 12:40 PM   #1
BassBandit
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Hobbies

Thought it'd be great to hear what's everyone else hobbies beside bass fishing. I'll include a couple of photos that are my hobbies.

Pyro In orange, before and aftermath

Pumpkin craving

Catting for flatheads

Snap a picture from treestand

Love to take pictures of wildlife with my homebrew camera.

BassBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-09, 01:24 PM   #2
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBandit View Post
Thought it'd be great to hear what's everyone else hobbies beside bass fishing. I'll include a couple of photos that are my hobbies.

Pyro In orange, before and aftermath

I think you and I would get along well...if something isn't already on fire, I'm figuring out ways it could be ignited...
Beautiful pics of the fox and deer, too. Very nice.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-09, 02:57 PM   #3
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

That's pretty cool dawg! I really need to get a hobby. I guess lure meld to make hybrids. I also like to tweek spinnerbaits!
Old 02-25-09, 04:22 PM   #4
Foyt20

Send a message via AIM to Foyt20

I play paintball (too expensive to do on a regular basis)

I read way to much

Xbox Live (not as much as the reading so my fiancee cant get upset)

I love to backpack, but only when the weather is nice.

Im adding fishing to this also, cause other than the bait monkey its a bit less expensive than paintball, and i get out in the sun without having to drive a ton of miles to go backpacking
Foyt20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-09, 07:03 PM   #5
bamabassman

WOW!!! i bet you don't have much free time do ya? we love to watch fireworks at night. and we truly love the pics!!! the closeup of the fox is BEAUTIFUL!! post some more wildlife pics if ya can. thanks for these.
Old 02-25-09, 09:46 PM   #6
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Recently, making lures. I consider it a job to get myself started each day, but once I get into it, it's fun, so it really if a hobby, and it started as a hobby.

I love to read, science fiction's my favorite. Swords, magic, etc. Terry Goodkind is one of my favorite authors.

I play a bit of video games, just enough to know how much I suck at them.

tried rod building, I'm not very good, and I really don't have enough patience for it...

I love photography as well.

I also like to cook, grilling's my favorite. I am actually looking into culinary school right now, but I may change my mind later.

BB
Old 02-25-09, 09:47 PM   #7
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Whoops, how did I forget this one? probably cause it's winter.

Anyways, my avatar reminded of classic cars.

We (my dad and I) restored the 69 Camaro RS convertible in my avatar. And we're currently working on a 65 Mustang conv. (whata piece of junk...(for now!))

BB
Old 02-25-09, 09:54 PM   #8
bassackwards

i go to work don't have much time for any thing other than fishing and work
bassackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-09, 10:10 PM   #9
flbassman

I love to hunt, and I work a lot. Fishing is great too, I like going to church as much as I can, I play pick up sports, go muddin and work on my truck. I like girls. Pick a little guitar, play a little fiddle. Facebook. And I have an unhealthy obsession with catching, (not killing) wild animals. Not really any clear cut hobbies, but I enjoy myself.
Old 02-25-09, 11:03 PM   #10
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I like to strum a guitar a bit. I have a 6 and 12 string washburn acoustic and an Ibanez electric. I had an Ibanez acoustic until my oldest thought it would look better with the neck broke off, eeeewwwwwww. Eventhough I am not that good, it matches my singing, and I play good enough to play chords with a descent player. I am in church just about everytime the doors are open and I play bass (Not the fish) in the church band. That's about it other than fishing and working. Most of my time goes to my family, but that is a priority, not a hobby. The others just get a squeeze in every now and then.
Old 02-25-09, 11:14 PM   #11
abu4600

I build spinnerbaits in my spare time.
abu4600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-09, 11:55 PM   #12
66KingFisher

When i'm not fishin, I enjoy art.....I love using the airbrush, and I've been airbrushing off an on for over 30 years. Heres a sample of items I've painted recently. A couple were even bass related....the tire cover was a gift for my neighbor and the panel was for myself. I'm finishing up a Ghostrider themed Harley for a local guy that i'll share tank pictures of before they got clear coated. I also like computer sim racing games and we got an Xbox360 this Christmas so we play that alot too(hence the guitar hero controller my daughter insisted I paint for her....lol).

I'm a fan of motorsports so we enjoy going to races when we can....We also love to do a bit of hiking and camping and motorcycle riding.....I love hotrods and motorcycles, and have built and customized my share over the years....I'm currently building myself an old skool style chopper from an ol Honda 650 custom we got off Ebay.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	progress-2.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	3222   Click image for larger version

Name:	basspanel.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	3223   Click image for larger version

Name:	ghostrider-tank-left.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	3224   Click image for larger version

Name:	ghostrider-tank-right.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	3225   Click image for larger version

Name:	XBox-GuitarHero.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	3226  

66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 09:43 AM   #13
JB

Super nice work there, king
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 05:30 PM   #14
aikenyounggun

dude kingfisher that is amazing........... um other than fishing i like to do a lot of other stuff but nothin is really a hobby..... im a pyro i just dont have the money.... paintball is too exspensive but its fun.......
Old 02-26-09, 05:53 PM   #15
crankybait

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66KingFisher View Post
When i'm not fishin, I enjoy art.....I love using the airbrush, and I've been airbrushing off an on for over 30 years. Heres a sample of items I've painted recently. A couple were even bass related....the tire cover was a gift for my neighbor and the panel was for myself. I'm finishing up a Ghostrider themed Harley for a local guy that i'll share tank pictures of before they got clear coated. I also like computer sim racing games and we got an Xbox360 this Christmas so we play that alot too(hence the guitar hero controller my daughter insisted I paint for her....lol).

I'm a fan of motorsports so we enjoy going to races when we can....We also love to do a bit of hiking and camping and motorcycle riding.....I love hotrods and motorcycles, and have built and customized my share over the years....I'm currently building myself an old skool style chopper from an ol Honda 650 custom we got off Ebay.
You don't happen to be on airbrush.com do you? i coulda sworn i saw that tank before...
Old 02-26-09, 06:19 PM   #16
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Professional student here. Haha, just kidding. I guess besides bass fishing I like to shoot sporting clays, skeet, and trap. I also like to fix tackle and organize tackle.

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 06:27 PM   #17
CMorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66KingFisher View Post

Dam man , thats sweet !! If I ever want something airbrushed , you for hire ?
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 06:46 PM   #18
Jim80

I read a ton of sci/fi fantasy and anything else that has a good story line , play poker religiously, i used to play magic the gathering , and or trading card games nationally and that was fun while it lasted .
i'm always down to play a game of basketball or football and spend the rest of the time i hanging out with my kids or fishing . And music is prob one of my biggest interests got a 80 gig ipod that is full of some with music ranging from hardcore/death metal , to old school rap and rock , I need to buy another ipod soon .

Jim
Old 02-26-09, 07:08 PM   #19
bamabassman

ok, other hobbies....well......... i am a wannabe. see, i want to be hank parker. i want to be norm avery, woodworkng. and i want to be chip foose, cars and trucks. i make an effort to try to do afew of those things when i have the money. i make an AWESUM poarch swing. other than that, i TRY to fish, lmao. that is taking up most of my time these days. i love it to death. just ain't too good at it.
Old 02-26-09, 07:16 PM   #20
bamabassman

oh yea, i also wanna be a movie star, hahahahahahahahaha. zooker knows what kind too. think i can make it zooker? hahahahahahahahahaha.
Old 02-26-09, 07:19 PM   #21
bcklash

Bowling, the Bandit and I have been in a league for 6 or 7 years togather. Used to bowl a lot of tournments, from Chicago to Atlantic City to Richmond, everywhere really. It cost to much and took up to much of my time. FISHING IS ALOT EASIER ON MY NERVES!!!
Old 02-26-09, 08:24 PM   #22
Christopherkeene9

Playing with Model Airplanes and Full Scale Airplanes

Work: www.bvmjets.com

Play:

Also, I enjoy watching the local Saturday Night Stock Car races.

Christopher
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 09:19 PM   #23
rangerryan

i work and i have to be honest i have very little time to hunt and fish. but if i have a free saturday afternoon that is where i am.
rangerryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-09, 02:04 AM   #24
66KingFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankybait View Post
You don't happen to be on airbrush.com do you? i coulda sworn i saw that tank before...
I particapated on that forum for many years, but finally got my fill of all the bs that seemed to have taken over the place the past few years, so I stopped taking part.....I did post some pics of that tank at airbrushtech.com so its possible you've seen them somewhere before.

I do take commision work, but because I'm disabled I don't work as fast as a normal guy runnin a full blown business, so my turnaround times are slower than those guys....if you can deal with that i'm happy to airbrush for most folks....but that also depends on what they want....theres alot of stuff i'm not interested in painting.....tee shirts, ball caps, license tags, just to name a few....nowadays I tend to work for the biker community for the most part....but I still do stuff for the occasional hotrodder or racer....even done a few wall murals for a local restaurant, but i'm not too keen on ever doing that again....lol

Thanks for everyones kind words about my art....I always enjoy hearing what others think.
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-09, 02:31 AM   #25
carolina-rig-01

guys all of those pics are sweet. kingfisher that work is amazing, you do great work.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.