Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 08-04-09, 08:39 PM   #51
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Hahah...yeah, I was lucky in that respect though...most robbers would probably take a look at me (back then) and go find an easier target. After I ruptured a disc in my back, I was more worried about robbery...that's why I started carrying my lil' Brazilian friend inside my jacket.
Speaking of robberies, this story just warms the heart.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...old-boxer.html
Old 08-04-09, 09:26 PM   #52
MrPhotographer06

Send a message via AIM to MrPhotographer06

http://www.thestate.com/local/story/863060.html
deffinately going to deliver pizzas in columiba, where the college i wanna go to is
Old 08-04-09, 10:42 PM   #53
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Having worked for Papa Johns...I can tell you that guy is 100% going to get fired. It's a crying shame, but it's their policy. That is the reason he is asking for anonymity LOL. Drivers are not permitted to carry firearms of any kind. It reminds me of Sgt. Apone in ALIENS when they took their ammo away..."what are we supposed to use...harsh language?"

Oh yeah...there was another stupid policy there too. If a driver is involved in an accident where there is any loss of human life...he's terminated, no discussion needed. As my normal argumentative self, I asked for an explanation from corporate headquarters. My hypothetical...I am sitting at a stoplight, and someone else rams into me, and is killed in the collision. Am I fired? The answer....YEP.

You can thank the lawyers for that one. Only they would consider that if the driver were then involved in ANOTHER fatal accident that was his fault, Papa John's could be sued for megabucks for letting a driver with a "past history of fatal accidents" continue driving. For the love of God.
Old 08-05-09, 12:27 AM   #54
1/4 stick

I knew a guy that was working at a conveniance store who was robbed, got shot in the mouth, and was fired and they fought paying his medical bills, (Them not wanting to pay those bills being the main reason me thinks). He survived of course, small calibier and after it shattered a couple of his teeth it exited the cheek. I hate to use lucky as the word, but all things concidered, some higher power was watching out for him. They said he tried to do something "Heroic". But in court, the camera showed him peacfully giving up the money then putting his hands up and then the guy shot him. They paid his bills and stuff, plus gave him a few grand for the trouble.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.