Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 12-13-10, 11:25 AM   #51
Bob Smith
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Keith, the winning stringer came off shallow water cranking (less than 2' deep). with water temps around 51 to 52 degrees it really surprised me too. The other fish came off T-rigged, shakey head, and drop shot down to 35' deep.
Old 12-13-10, 05:30 PM   #52
3dkicker

Woooohooo! We got 1/4" this morning and work was delayed 2 hours.......can't wait until we get some real snow !!!!
Old 12-13-10, 05:53 PM   #53
cassidyta

We set a record high yesterday with it being 92. Hovering in the mid 80's today.
Old 12-13-10, 06:00 PM   #54
3dkicker

Did you go fishing???? If not then another day wasted.........
Old 12-13-10, 06:54 PM   #55
cassidyta

Heck yes I went fishing. I brought home 4 nice trout. I was also chucking the swimbait. I had a few followers, but none that would commit to the bait.
Old 12-13-10, 07:13 PM   #56
CMorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyta View Post
We set a record high yesterday with it being 92. Hovering in the mid 80's today.

Is that all you got ? Your climate is BORING !!
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-10, 08:41 PM   #57
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

hahahahaa, cmor that is COLD man. (pun intended) we got a very nice covering of snow....YES SNOW IN ALABAMA! probably 2-3 inches. but roads were cleared because of the dry atmosphere (go figure). and i went into work. temp was wind chill of 8 degrees and actual temp was 12. high reached about 30. warming up a little tomorrow, then sleet and freezing rain tomorrow night. probably ice over the roads for thrusday. so i'll go in tomorrow, get to leave by luch maybe and stay home thursday till lunch. not bad really.

i keep tellin myself that i only have 80 more days till warmer weather, hahahaha.
Old 12-13-10, 10:04 PM   #58
woody

My truck's DAGONE windshield washer fluid is all frozen! Kinda makes it tough when your Drift Bustin. hahaha

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-10, 10:34 PM   #59
bamabassman

mark............i am surprised at you. really now, you live in INDUANOPLIS and you don't have the freeze proof windsheild washer fluid in your vehicle? hahahaha. it's ok. i don't either. but i AM onna get it............as soon as what's in there thaws out. LMBO!
Old 12-13-10, 11:26 PM   #60
cassidyta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorg View Post
Is that all you got ? Your climate is BORING !!
I'm okay with Boring
Old 12-14-10, 12:25 AM   #61
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
hahahahaa, cmor that is COLD man. (pun intended) we got a very nice covering of snow....YES SNOW IN ALABAMA! probably 2-3 inches. but roads were cleared because of the dry atmosphere (go figure). and i went into work. temp was wind chill of 8 degrees and actual temp was 12. high reached about 30. warming up a little tomorrow, then sleet and freezing rain tomorrow night. probably ice over the roads for thrusday. so i'll go in tomorrow, get to leave by luch maybe and stay home thursday till lunch. not bad really.

i keep tellin myself that i only have 80 more days till warmer weather, hahahaha.
Thats a real taste of winter that far south John. Sounds like thursday morning is gonna be a real major pain.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-10, 06:31 PM   #62
bamabassman

it IS keith......waiting on it now. sky is starting to cloud up and front is moving in now.
Old 12-14-10, 10:26 PM   #63
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
My truck's DAGONE windshield washer fluid is all frozen! Kinda makes it tough when your Drift Bustin. hahaha

-Mark
Quote:
mark............i am surprised at you. really now, you live in INDUANOPLIS and you don't have the freeze proof windsheild washer fluid in your vehicle? hahahaha. it's ok. i don't either. but i AM onna get it............as soon as what's in there thaws out. LMBO!
I didn't even know there was such a thing as windshield washer fluid that could freeze...seriously. I guess that's what I get for living in IA and MN my entire life.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-10, 11:40 PM   #64
TN_Bassin

Ended up with about 4" here at my house, but I had to drive home in the crap in a no wheel drive tahoe through the Smokies and Cumberland Plateau (had a weekend getaway with the family). Where they had at least 6" when I went through.

Now they're calling for more snow changing over to ice on wed, then hopefully rain by thursday. I'm worried that since there's snow already on the ground that an ice storm is in my future.

Anyone else think it's just way too early for this crap??? Been a long time since we've had real snow before mid december.

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/Bon+Aqua+TN+37025
Old 12-15-10, 09:13 AM   #65
jmartin
BassFishin.Com Active Member

No snow to speak of yet here just several dustings, but I had 8 degrees this morning at 6:30 when I left for work. Is it spring yet?

Jerry
Old 12-15-10, 07:46 PM   #66
bamabassman

well the "storm" hit us about 12 noon today. rained ice and is still falling. but the temps are supposed to warm up after midnight, warm front coming in. so i may have to delay going in to work for a couple of hours. but it'll be all gone by noon tomorrow. then repeat again friday night into saturday. southern weather...........
Old 12-15-10, 08:15 PM   #67
woody

Quote:
Yeah I know John, haha, I really thought that's what I had in there, freeze proof. Until it was to late. That's when I noticed on the washer fluid jug it was only good down to +32 degrees. I got it taken care of though. I was able to get it thawed out with a heat gun and replaced with some -25 degree washer fluid. I'll know better next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatterBoy View Post
I didn't even know there was such a thing as windshield washer fluid that could freeze...seriously. I guess that's what I get for living in IA and MN my entire life.
That's sorta what I thought too. Although now I do know the green colored and orange colored washer fluid is what to use when it gets below freezing, not the blue stuff. And to avoid any hassle, that's all I'll be putting in it year 'round, the freeze proof. Well worth the extra buck $1.

-Mark
Old 12-15-10, 09:19 PM   #68
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

That's weird, I've never had any problems with the blue fluid freezing.. and my truck stays outside all winter...

BB
Old 12-15-10, 09:27 PM   #69
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
That's weird, I've never had any problems with the blue fluid freezing.. and my truck stays outside all winter...

BB
Well then, you Anthony are the exception.

-Mark
Old 12-15-10, 10:33 PM   #70
bamabassman

woody.............da boy don't ever USE the washer fluid me thinks. hehehehhe
Old 12-16-10, 11:53 AM   #71
Bassboss

Quote:
Buckle up! It's not even officially "winter" yet.

We're in for 12-24 inches around the Twin Cities (or so they say right now, but it the storm could still change its course) with steady 20-30mph winds, gusting to 40.

P.S. - Not sure what area your radio forecast is for, but it doesn't seem like it's right. The coldest predicted air temp for Ladysmith in the next 5 days is only -6 on Monday night.
Yea I just saw that after my post.. baffled me? btw we picked up a full 22 inches of snow.

The cold came monday mainly, -22, wind chill around 35 - 40 below.

Man, right now anything above freezing sounds GREAT!
Old 12-16-10, 11:58 AM   #72
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Yea I just saw that after my post.. baffled me? btw we picked up a full 22 inches of snow.
Who needs Florida, right?

Are you earning lots of extra money to feed the bait monkey by shoveling for all of your neighbors?

We ended up with 12-15" last weekend and added another 3" last night, plus it's still snowing this morning and several schools in the area are closing for the day.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-10, 12:04 PM   #73
Bassboss

Quote:
Who needs Florida, right?

Are you earning lots of extra money to feed the bait monkey by shoveling for all of your neighbors?

We ended up with 12-15" last weekend and added another 3" last night, plus it's still snowing this morning and several schools in the area are closing for the day.
I did it yup.. didn't get paid though!

We really need a 4x4 truck up here too, my dad got stuck in the yard 3 times and my neighbor had to pull him out, and again the next day going into town. Funniest thing seeing an s10 pull out a 1500.
Old 12-17-10, 12:24 AM   #74
Bender

We haven't gotten too much up here in Toronto this week. West of here in Sarnia and north in Barrie have gotten hammered pretty good though. Monday was super cold and windy but it has warmed as the week went on.

I'm headed home tomorrow and it looks like it will be in the 50s on Saturday. Too bad I have to head north again on Sunday.

Boss, I bought a truck in 2007 that was a 2wd 1500. I couldn't even get out of my driveway with it so I traded it in the next spring and got a 4x4. You really need that up there. Or maybe just get some tire chains, those would work too.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.