Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 10-17-04, 10:23 PM   #1
WaterWolf_MN
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Bassin tips

Hey.Im back from my bassing hiatus.Im back with a canteen of Faygo and boat full of baits.Im going camping at Jelly Stone campground in Louisiana.There's a nice bass pond.Lots of hydra,a corner with lots of rocks and hydra.There's some docks across the lake with weeds.I need to know what kind of baits to use and mabey how to present them.Any help will be eternally gradifying.
WaterWolf_MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-04, 11:00 PM   #2
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Re: Bassin tips

Try you a jig-n-pig around those docs and the rocks. As for the grass, you might want to try a weightless worm or lizard running over top of them. Another thing you might want to try is slowrolling a spinnerbait on the outer edges of that grass. You can also go with a buzzbait over top of that grass too.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-04, 11:44 PM   #3
IL.bassin36
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin36

A rat-l-trap ripped out of the weeds works awesome, just barely let the hooks hit the weeds You might try a Senko if the water is clear.Tight lines ;D
IL.bassin36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-04, 12:20 AM   #4
singerloo
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to singerloo

...never forget a spinnerbait.
Cast it out (a colorado & willow leaf combo)
let it sink to the bottom, reel fast for 1-2 seconds, then stop and let it sink again. Repeat that over and over.
That will imitate a darting baitfish, the quick movement of which will trigger a bass into thinking that the baitfish is getting away. That's what provokes a strike.

do that over the weeds and see if that works.

If not, slow roll it close over the weeds. Try out different retrieves to see what mood they're in... Also, use plastic worms at the rocks. Any color might be affective.

seaphanom
singerloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-04, 09:09 AM   #5
WaterWolf_MN
BassFishin.Com Member

Okay.Im goin bait shopping and Im using Rebbasser's reviews for a guide to what baits.I may also try a crank.Shallow one over the weeds and around the docks.
Old 10-18-04, 10:01 PM   #6
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=Tyrant link=board=news;num=1098062615;start=0#4 date=10/18/04 at 08:09:42]Okay.Im goin bait shopping and Im using Rebbasser's reviews for a guide to what baits.I may also try a crank.Shallow one over the weeds and around the docks.[/quote]

Well hope I'm not too late, the above baits are nice, but make sure you get some flukes for the weeds. Twitched rapidly over the top, will get the water boiling for ya 8), and of course they already said Lizards. Work the Lizards on top of the grass, and mats. Keep your rod tip at about 10 o'clock and give it a couple of twitches, and then pause. Or just use some scent to slime it up, and slowly drag it over the top. Have fun, and hopefully catch some hawgs.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-04, 09:09 AM   #7
WaterWolf_MN
BassFishin.Com Member

Okay;flukes,lizzards(what style hooked?),worms(Texas rigged),jig,crank,and spinner/buzzbait.Okay.I think Im ready.
Old 10-19-04, 09:30 AM   #8
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=Tyrant link=board=news;num=1098062615;start=0#6 date=10/19/04 at 08:09:09]Okay;flukes,lizzards(what style hooked?),worms(Texas rigged),jig,crank,and spinner/buzzbait.Okay.I think Im ready.[/quote]

Use an Offset, Wide Gap hook. I prefer Owner brand, but they are more exspensive. I would use a 3/0 on the Lizards, and a 5/0 on the Flukes. You can always use smaller or bigger for the lizards, but IMO the Flukes definately need a 5/0 size for them.

Lizards
Old 10-19-04, 09:33 AM   #9
WaterWolf_MN
BassFishin.Com Member

Weightless or Carolina rigged?
Old 10-19-04, 09:45 AM   #10
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=Tyrant link=board=news;num=1098062615;start=0#8 date=10/19/04 at 08:33:01]Weightless or Carolina rigged?[/quote]

I prefer both weightless. However they both can be killer as both a c-rig, and t-rigged with a bullet weight. Good fishing let us know how you did.

Lizards
Old 10-19-04, 09:47 AM   #11
WaterWolf_MN
BassFishin.Com Member

Okay.Would Eagle Claw hooks work well?or pearch hooks?
Old 10-19-04, 02:54 PM   #12
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=Tyrant link=board=news;num=1098062615;start=0#10 date=10/19/04 at 08:47:42]Okay.Would Eagle Claw hooks work well?or pearch hooks?[/quote]

Yes any brand will work, just different quality from different brands. I have never heard of "pearch' before though. ???

Lizards
Old 10-19-04, 04:25 PM   #13
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

I use gamakatsu, if you're gonna get eagle claw, try to get the ones with the red hooks, they're sharper than the other eagle claw hooks. You should definitely fish those rocks with some craws, just t-rig it and work it across the rocks on the bottom.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.