Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Old 03-15-12, 01:32 PM   #1
Jesse James
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Any of you Kansas guys fish Wilson?

My dad and are going to try and fish Wilson tomorrow. We've never fished it before, so if any of you guys have any tips, I'm all ears. I've heard that the water temp is in the 50 degree range, and the bass fishing's been heating up a little in the backs of coves when the water warms during these hot afternoons. That's all I can find. Any advice? Thanks,
Jesse
Jesse James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-12, 07:06 PM   #2
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Went last year, it was a little later in the year, but the water temps were probably similar, we had luck catching smallies on the dam with wiggle warts, we picked a few up in the creeks with swimjigs and spinnerbaits. Make sure you at least make a run through Rock Town, if nothing else the scenery is beautiful, maybe the clearest lake in KS.
Old 03-17-12, 02:43 AM   #3
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Be ready for the wind to blow you around, I've never seen that lake without whitecaps on it. It can be a good time though. I'd fish a jerkbait and a wiggle wart like tavery said. Maybe swim a grub and fish a shakeyhead if the wind will allow it.
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-12, 09:01 AM   #4
Jesse James
BassFishin.Com Member

Well, the trip didn't happen yesterday. We're so busy at work I couldn't justify being gone yesterday, so we'll have to try again soon. The weather's looking significantly cooler with highs in the 60s next week, so we might have to wait till the last week in March to get out there. Hopefully the weather will be better that week. I'd really like to get out there before April when all the tournaments start. Thanks for your advice guys, I'll sure put it to use. I think I was on the right track, I had my box of jerkbaits and craw colored cranks, including Wiggle Warts, ready to go. Spinnerbaits and bladed jigs too. I'm ready to tackle this clear water fishing. Take care,
Jesse
Jesse James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-12, 10:38 AM   #5
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Several of my friends recommend a white popping frog, if the frog bite is happening.

Like Blue, we got blown off the lake on the 2nd day.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.