Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-04, 09:19 AM   #1
Bassdozer
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassdozer
Default Florida Fishing

any good spots in Florida... preferably South Florida.. Miami, West Palm Beach area.
Bassdozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-04, 04:26 PM   #2
Frank_Eagles
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Frank_Eagles
Default Re: Florida Fishing

Try the canals, also some neighborhood ponds, I live in jax, but have done some south florida fishing, IM me some stuff about you, and your location, and I'll see what I can do for you. (just click on my name to Im me)
Frank_Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-04, 09:03 PM   #3
yg_fisher
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to yg_fisher

I live in Florida also. Hernando County area. Anybody know of any good fishing in that area? Where did you get the cute fish icon? I guess you can tell I am a girl.
yg_fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-04, 11:01 AM   #4
Frank_Eagles
BassFishin.Com Member

Don't know much about hernando, isn't that where farm 13 is? I'm in jax. Try fishing ponds around neighborhoods and stuff. I got the Icon right here

http://www.prosoftbaitglue.com/images/lgmouthbass.gif
Left click on the fish, select properties, copy it and come back here. Then click profile, select I have My Own picture, and paste in the box.
Old 07-06-04, 06:09 PM   #5
Greenworm
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Farm 13 is on the line of Brevard and Indian River counties.

For south Florida info contact: b_mock@bellsouth.net
Tell Buddy I told you to contact him. He lives in Ft Lauderdale and fishes that whole area extensively.

For Hernando county look to the east and to the south. You are not that far from Lakeland which has many lakes.

George
Imagination Bassin Guide Services
772 370-1606
Stick Marsh/Farm 13

Old 07-06-04, 06:46 PM   #6
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=George_Welcome link=board=Reports;num=1087647555;start=0#4 date=07/06/04 at 17:09:42]Farm 13 is on the line of Brevard and Indian River counties.

For south Florida info contact: b_mock@bellsouth.net
Tell Buddy I told you to contact him. He lives in Ft Lauderdale and fishes that whole area extensively.

For Hernando county look to the east and to the south. You are not that far from Lakeland which has many lakes.

George
Imagination Bassin Guide Services
772 370-1606
Stick Marsh/Farm 13

[/quote]

You're obviously a guide down in FL. How is the fishing and where are you based from, and what lake/lakes do you normally guide. Also do you use shiners or is it artificial only ??? I do see Stick Marsh and Farm 13, are those the lakes you cover? I have heard good things about Stick Marsh, Don't know squat about Farm 13. The reason for all of the questions, is my father recently moved down there, so 12/03 I went down to fish some, and will be making lots of other trips down there.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-04, 07:20 PM   #7
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

george
do you guide on toho or walk-in-the-water?is the butler chain fishable?last i heard it was so low you couldn't fish it.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-04, 10:07 PM   #8
jman534
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jman534

Well, I'll be heading down that way for 2 wks at the end of this month so I can assault & pillage your bass population. I'll be heading for Lake Tarpon for a day or two, but would like to try somewhere within an hour from Clearwater, going north along the Rte 19 corridor. I'll be dragging my 2 rebel grandsons along so they can show their Pop Pop a thing or 2. Any suggestions for a snowbird?
jman534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-04, 11:31 PM   #9
Frank_Eagles
BassFishin.Com Member

Fish. that's my suggestion ;D
Old 07-12-04, 11:57 PM   #10
jman534
BassFishin.Com Member

Gee, looks like nobody fishes the Gulf Coast. Guess I'll have to stick with Lake Tarpon. Tell you guys what.... if anyone wants to fish NJ, guaranteed you'll hear from Bassin Tom, Tony or me. We pretty much have the whole state covered & are more than happy to pass along info about our hot lakes.
Old 07-13-04, 05:22 AM   #11

We work on the Stick Marsh/Farm 13, which is one lake, not two.

98% of our fishing is with artificial. We only recommend shiners if the weather dictates.

The west side of Florida in the Tampa/Clearwater area has limited bass fishing. However, it is not far from there to the lakes regions of Lakeland/Bartow.

Lake Toho drawdown is complete and they are putting the water back in. Look for slow fishing until things stabilize there.
Old 07-13-04, 10:02 PM   #12
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=Jersey_Joe link=board=Reports;num=1087647555;start=0#9 date=07/12/04 at 22:57:03]Gee, looks like nobody fishes the Gulf Coast. Guess I'll have to stick with Lake Tarpon. Tell you guys what.... if anyone wants to fish NJ, guaranteed you'll hear from Bassin Tom, Tony or me. We pretty much have the whole state covered & are more than happy to pass along info about our hot lakes.[/quote]

I have to agree with ya. There seems to be a lot of folks from FL on this board, but not any suggestions for ya other than canals and drainage ponds. If I knew where to send ya I'd tell ya, but you already know I'm from IN. Hope someone from FL puts in some tips for ya. I thought that was kinda what this board was for to help others with questions, and fishing techniques ??? Guess it doesn't apply to everyone huh :P JJ come and see me in IN we'll go hit the coal pit

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-04, 10:29 PM   #13
jman534
BassFishin.Com Member

Lizards
Thanks for the invite. Only problem is, if we hook up we'd wind up at Galyan's & clean out the store. That wouldn't be fair to the other Hoosiers. As for the lack of responses from the Fla. boys, it's probably just like George said. Not too many places to fish on the Gulf Coast so what's to talk about? Lake Tarpon will do just fine. I've been there & I like it.
Old 07-13-04, 10:37 PM   #14
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

I guess if you wanted to you could drive to walk-in-the water or kissimmee. It may be something like a 65 mile drive down highway 60. If you want to fish kissimmee/hatchineha, when you get to boy scout camp road turn left and follow the signs to camp mack or camp Lester. Personally, if I found myself in tampa its where I would go.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-04, 11:12 PM   #15
jman534
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks WTL
I forgot about Kissimmee. I'll be staying about 20 min. from Tampa so it's worth a shot.
Old 07-13-04, 11:36 PM   #16
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Let me know if you decide for sure you are going, I'll write up some places for you to try.
Old 07-15-04, 08:41 PM   #17
jman534
BassFishin.Com Member

Default ;)Re: Florida Fishing

WTL
Thanx. Â*I'm definitely leaving on 7/28 & the first weekend we''ll be doing Â*Disney, Universal, etc. Â*After that I'm free & clear other than a day or 2 at Lake Tarpon. Â*My 2 grandsons are bragging about how they will clean Pop Pop's clock. Â*I'm going down there with one rod & a fanny pack filled with secret weapons. Â*We'll see who's clock gets cleaned.

P.S. Atlas Shrugged?
Old 07-16-04, 12:48 PM   #18
Frank_Eagles
BassFishin.Com Member

If you can make palatka/ocala fish at rodman and Lake Geaorge, sorry that I don't know much else, when you're a boatless, carless 13 year old, the fishing can be a little limited ;D I still do just fine though
Old 07-16-04, 08:04 PM   #19
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

No, actually the Rand quote is from The Anthem. I still havent braved Atlas Shrugged, although I plan to by the end of summer. Gotta finish For Whom the Bell Tolls first.

I think I will send you an IM regarding some of the places for you to try, sometimes I worry about giving too much info out to the general public.
Old 07-24-04, 04:42 PM   #20
jman534
BassFishin.Com Member

WTL
Got your IM. Appreciate all the info. Check your IM's.
It does not toll for me or thee.
Old 07-27-04, 10:33 AM   #21
chug_bug
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to chug_bug

Try L-67 canal out of Holiday Park, about 35 min. north of Miami, fishing is still good there, it can be some of the best bass fishing in the state. Early throw flappinshad along the edge of the canal, or flip the weeds along the edge.
chug_bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-04, 08:38 PM   #22
UGAROCKS2002
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to UGAROCKS2002

[quote author=bassintom link=board=Reports;num=1087647555;start=0#6 date=07/06/04 at 18:20:59]george
do you guide on toho or walk-in-the-water?is the butler chain fishable?last i heard it was so low you couldn't fish it.[/quote]
i take it that ur in teen anglers
UGAROCKS2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-04, 09:30 PM   #23
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

Theres the Harris chain in seminole, The St Johns is productive( at least in Brevard), Stick Marsh/Farm 13,Lake wASHINGTON, lAKE hELL N bLAZES, You cant go wrong in Fl. Central Fl alone is covered with big and small lakes to fish. Walk in Water, Toho, Butler Chain. You can also go to Toptenlakes.com, its just as the name implies, also just talked to a guide from S. Fl that says the Everglades are good especially by the canals.
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-04, 05:17 PM   #24
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

i can tell u of lakes around sanford orlando areas around there. there is lake monroe, lake sylvan(not so well known i live on this lake very very good bass fishin) lake jesup(havnt done to much fishin on it but looks pretty good watch out for gators ) lake kissimee. there are more just cant remember them right now ???. when our boat is ready we will be fishing the gulf coast and more of southern florida good luck

-brian
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-04, 04:57 PM   #25
dave47
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to dave47

Lizards comments made me feel ashamed of being silent on this topic so I'll throw in my 2 cents.

Most visiting fishermen will, in my confident opinion, do better in the older development canal systems (General Development Communities, Mackle Bros. Communities etc.) than in the bigger lakes. Try to fish during or after a rain. Cast into the moving water at the avenue crossing culverts or at open flood gates. An ultra light spinner and basic Rapala floater is as close to a sure thing as I can think of in these conditions.

Don't waste time fishing hot, bright sun hours unless you're looking for that sun tan to take back to New York. ;D

OK lizards. Next time you're down here, we'll go do exactly what I just recommended and you can post the pictures.

Glad to see you're still contributing to this site.

Senior
dave47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.