Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-12, 11:48 PM   #51
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

it WILL be better. PRAYING!!!
Old 10-23-12, 10:50 PM   #52
bassfisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Well my father had a good day today. He know right away who both of his sons where, and reached out with both hands for ours and sqeezed them pretty good while rubbing them with his thumb. (I darn near lost it right then and there) About a hour later my fathers brother and his sister husband came in, he knew his brother, but took him about 15 seconds before remember my father inlaw. So all in all it was a great day for him. They are doing a tracheanatomy on him in the morning sometime, so he can that breathing tube out, and start his throat healing, so he can pass his swollow test. If all goes well we hope we can move him to rehab Thursday, Friday.
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-12, 09:03 PM   #53
bamabassman

fantastic!!! still doing the praying buddy!!!
Old 10-25-12, 08:38 AM   #54
bassfisher

My father had a good day yesterday my brother said. Dad was coherent all day and once he even made a joke with his hand. (No he didn't flip anyone off) He wanted to get out of bed, and my bother said not today, and my father snapped his fingers saying darn. They got the trachea put in around noon, and he woke up pretty fast afterwards. My brother said he was awake most of the day also, so that another good step in the right direction. So we are hoping they get him off his breathing tube today and into his chair. That is our goal for today!!
Old 10-25-12, 11:08 AM   #55
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Great to hear he had a good day, Harold! Thanks for the update.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-12, 05:26 PM   #56
bassfisher

Well they had him in his chair most of the day today. He is doing a lot better too. They are moving him around 5pm today to St. Joe West to start his rehab also. So all in all we are having a great day!!
Old 10-25-12, 05:38 PM   #57
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfisher View Post
Well they had him in his chair most of the day today. He is doing a lot better too. They are moving him around 5pm today to St. Joe West to start his rehab also. So all in all we are having a great day!!
Hey Harold, that is great to hear! ...will continue to pray for your Dad's well being.

Thanks for the update on your Dad.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-12, 08:24 PM   #58
bamabassman

AWESUM!!!! going to rehab is a great sign harold. still praying bud!
Old 10-27-12, 01:47 PM   #59
bassfisher

Well my dad is coming along nicely. He is able to take ice chips (As long as he cleans his mouth first), he passed his PT (Physical therapy) test with flying colors, and they told him, YOU WILL BE WALKING OUT OF HERE!!! He did that well. He can stand (As long as he has help getting up) he walked to his chair today with assistant (about 10 steps) but it wore him out. So all in all he is doing very well, very fast. They said a month tops, and he'll be home. He is constantly doing his PT in bed when they aren't doing it with him. So he is READY to get out of there, and start living again!! Once again I want to thank each and everyone of you again for all your prayers, and well wishes for his fast recovery!!!! I'll keep everyone posted as I can do so. Harold
Old 10-27-12, 01:59 PM   #60
bassfisher

I forgot, my brother is heading back to Texas right now, so say a little prayer for his safe travel. Thanks!!
Old 10-27-12, 04:55 PM   #61
bamabassman

wonderfull news harold! i knew he would do it. still praying for the whole family.
Old 10-31-12, 05:24 PM   #62
bassfisher

Well my father is doing very well. They have gotten him off the breathing machine each day longer and longer, then he goes back on it. First it was 4 hour, then 8, then 12 and today 16. He is doing pretty good on his PT, they got him up out of bed everyday but Tuesday. (Some reason, he felt weak that day) Today he walked to his door with help of course, and back his chair for another 2 hours, then back into bed. So all and all he is doing very this week. I'm very proud of my father, he is really fighting hard to do everything they ask of him. Please keep those well wishes and prayers coming folks. My family and myself can't thank you all enough for your support in our time of need!!
Old 10-31-12, 10:32 PM   #63
bamabassman

Awesum harold!!!! Prayers will ocntinue till he is home again!
Old 11-07-12, 07:02 PM   #64
bassfisher

Well my dad is doing pretty good now. HE has been off the breathing machine for 5 days now. (He still has oxygen, just not breathing for him) He is walking further every day. (Still not very far, but further everyday) As you expect, he still has good days and not so good days still. About the only real issues he is having are his kidney (He only has half of one) aren't working as good as they would like. (He is not empting his bladder all the way), and he is having BM issues also. (He didn't go for 5 days once, but it's doing better now) so all in all, he is getting better every day now. Once again my family and myself thank each and everyone of you for those prayers and well wishes you all have been sending our way!!!

Last edited by bassfisher; 11-07-12 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-07-12, 07:26 PM   #65
woody

I'm glad to hear it, Harold.

Thank you for letting us pray for your Dad.

-Mark
Old 11-08-12, 12:03 AM   #66
bamabassman

this is great news harold. thanks for the update pal. he'll be back to his old self soon now.
Old 11-21-12, 07:57 PM   #67
bassfisher

Sorry about not posting any up-dated lately, but I've been really busy with work and being with my father.

He is still in rehab, he still has not passed his swallow test, but he is getting very close now. (they say he is clearing 90% of his feed from his mouth, he needs 100%) We were so hoping he'd have Thanksgiving dinner food for the holiday, but it's not going to happen . He is walking better, he can walk the hallway (which is 150 feet one-way, and he is doing that twice before he gets to tired. so 300 feet at a time) He is also going up stair to the gym working out some also. (that bothers him the most, but he is doing the best he can for a man of 76 years old) He has had the trachea out now for 3 days, still on nose oxygen though. He also went to have his bladder checked, he has had a lot of bleeding in his urine lately, so they are checking on that. I want to thank you all again for the prayers and well wishes you all have been sending out still.
So in closing, from my family and myself, THANKS for everything you folks have done for my family. We wish you all a GREAT THANKSGIVING DAY and my your travels be save for you and yours!!!
Old 11-21-12, 08:31 PM   #68
bamabassman

thanks for the update. sounds like he IS getting better. praying for 100% soon.
Old 11-28-12, 07:04 PM   #69
bassfisher

Well dad is doing better, he is getting up on his own from bed, to chair, to pot, and back as he needs to. He is walking (With a walker) 500ft now stopping only once out in the lobby, and back to his chair. (Not to bed anymore)

The only real problem he is having is his swallowing test, he can't seem to pass it for the life of him. It's really bothering him too, and myself. We just never know the things we all take for granted, that this one thing is stopping him from heading home. Please keep those prayers and well wishes coming!!! (We can only guess that once he passes the swallow test and starts eating food, it'll be about a week before they let him go home, have to make sure he is processing his food properly, and having BMs okay) Thanks again too all you folks for what you have been doing for us!!!
Old 11-28-12, 09:31 PM   #70
woody

Hey Harold, this is FANTASTIC NEWS!

Thanks again for letting us pray with you.

-Mark
Old 11-29-12, 12:10 AM   #71
bamabassman

sounds like he is working hard at it buddy. will continue to pray for him as well as the rest of the family. tell him we are thinking of him harold! and keep us updated pal.
Old 12-06-12, 01:54 PM   #72
bassfisher

Well they have moved my father to a Nursing home/rehab place for his swallowing issues, and to get him to walk better. Other then that he is doing very well. I'm hoping (IF) he works hard, he'll be home around Christmas. He is eating soft foods now, so it's a start!!
Old 12-06-12, 07:22 PM   #73
bamabassman

thnaks for the update harold. still praying buddy. i know he would rather be at home for christmas. he'll get there pal. i got faith in him.
Old 12-19-12, 03:00 PM   #74
bassfisher

Well my father is coming home on 12/24/12 for Christmas. He will see if he can cut it on his own for a few days (I'll be there to help IF he needs it, but I plan on not helping him unless he just can't do it), and if he is not ready to stay home, he plans on head back for more rehab. My sister and brother will be coming home from Texas the day after X-mas to oversee him also once I go back to work. So please keep those prayers and well wishes coming!!!
Old 12-19-12, 06:46 PM   #75
woody

Absolutely!

-Mark

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.