Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 08-03-09, 10:27 PM   #76
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

laser and zooker and boater, for real, now i have a 24p on my venom 200. 20'-1" cajun. is 60-67 right? mph that is.
Old 08-03-09, 10:51 PM   #77
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
laser and zooker and boater, for real, now i have a 24p on my venom 200. 20'-1" cajun. is 60-67 right? mph that is.
john i know you didn't ask my opinion and i could be wrong but i would say that with a 24p you probably aren't seeing high 60's. but there is a big difference between 60 and 67. i would just guess you might be getting 60-63 out of her but again i could be wrong.
Old 08-04-09, 06:28 AM   #78
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
Hey buddy. There is more there just from reading what you have posted. Need to know a couple of answers to get ya where ya wanna be. First what are ya running as far as RPMS when ya got her nailed and full tilt boogie mode. Speed at that time as well preferably GPS speed. Then I need a measurement on the prop shaft. Just off the top of my head I am gonna tell yea high 60's all the time should be VERY VERY posible with right ptop and right engine height. This also turns into money in the pocket saved from the boat being set right. Get me those numbers and measurements and I can splain a little more lucy.
Old 08-04-09, 06:19 PM   #79
bamabassman

well laser i can't answer oyur questions pal. don't have a gps. only the speedo. the other things i will have to do when i can get a chance. still working on the house right now.
kory i think that ou are most likely right. it is just that i was told that i "should" be hitting around 70.
i really don't care to go that fast. just don't want to "say" it will if it won't ya know? i truly think my rig is kinda heavy to be going that fast with just a 200hp motor. it is rated for a 225hp. maybe one day when i can i will upgrade that, hmmm? hehehehe. riht now i just want to upgrade the troller first.come spring i will for sure this time. house and all should be finished, so FINALLY i can concentrate on FISHING. hahahahaha.
i was just wondering if my rig was capable of the speeds i was told really.
thanks guys. thanks and dirk..... when we meet you can look at it and do some fenagling to get it set right ok pal?
Old 08-05-09, 06:27 AM   #80
1FASTLASER

No problemo bama. And ole CRIG is right on da money wit his kalcutions. Mid 60's wit da prop.

But I want to add that when properly set up and this goes for a 12ft sears with a 5hp Gamefisher motor or a 20ft Bullet wit a 300 Merc..........Performance not only means fast....it also means fuel mileage,handling,longevity, etc etc.....
Old 08-30-09, 04:40 PM   #81
BamaAlley
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Xb 2003 , 225 pm

Not sure of max speed , just hung this mota on it. Should be around 85ish with fishing load, with the setup to fish. Have seen XB 2002 run 100plus with stock 225 . Not sure if your calculations approve or not but its done pretty often in that boat .
BamaAlley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 05:17 PM   #82
Abbeysdad

I think you fellas troll way too fast.
Abbeysdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.